Omnisphere Tempo Change delay issue
Old 14th April 2010
Gear nut

Omnisphere Tempo Change delay issue

I've noticed that a great many patches in Omnisphere use the "chorus echo" FX plug. It's a great sounding FX, but whenever you do a tempo change, the pitch of the delay goes nuts. I know this is the natural behavior of delays, but I was wondering if any of you found a way around this. The Echo Farm plug in for TDM has a button you can hit to disable that behavior. I wish Spectrasonics would do the same, since so many patches lean on that FX.

- Kent
Old 29th April 2010
Spectrasonics

Sure, just change the mode of the Chorus Echo to "Echo" instead of "BPM" and then it won't follow the tempo changes and have that bend when the tempo changes.

If you need radical tempo changes and the delay to always be syncronized, then it's best to use an external Delay effect. However, there's not many delays that can follow tempo changes perfectly with zero artifacts.

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search