The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Softube Launches Valley People Dyna-mite Plugin! Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 17th May 2010
Gear Addict

A/B

Quote:
What happened to the CL 1B A/B sound demos your website was hosting?
You mean A/B between the hardware and software? We never had those but TC Electronic has some for the PowerCore version:
TC Electronic | Tube-Tech CL1B Audio & Video

I think there might be some A/B files in one of the Gearslutz threads also.

We have some regular sound demos (not A/B though) on our web-site:
Tube-Tech CL 1B by Softube

Cheers,
Torsten
Old 17th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softube View Post
You mean A/B between the hardware and software? We never had those but TC Electronic has some for the PowerCore version:
TC Electronic | Tube-Tech CL1B Audio & Video

I think there might be some A/B files in one of the Gearslutz threads also.

We have some regular sound demos (not A/B though) on our web-site:
Tube-Tech CL 1B by Softube

Cheers,
Torsten
There was a demo with a bass or drum sample run through the CL 1B Hardware. Then the same file was run through the CL 1B plugin. I think the link you posted is it.
Old 17th May 2010
thank you softube,

you've made some amazing products and were the first company that got me excited about using plug ins.

my hopes, dreams and desires for future releases include emulations of:

Fatso
distressor
sherman filterbank
ADR stressor/compex
Anamod ATS1
anything by Chandler
anything by Thermionic Culture

thanks,
jeremy
Old 17th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by passivepeter View Post
thank you softube,

you've made some amazing products and were the first company that got me excited about using plug ins.

Fatso
distressor
sherman filterbank
ADR stressor/compex
Anamod ATS1
anything by Chandler

thanks,
jeremy
nice list! agree
Old 17th May 2010
Softube!!!

I love your products, although as many have said before please do emulations of some of the plugins/hardware that people tend to use on a daily basic.
There is always a market for the company that does "the best" emulations, even if there are a couple alternatives out there.

These are on my wish list:

SSL channel
SSL Master bus Compressor

That would make my day
Old 17th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crille_mannen View Post
Softube!!!

I love your products, although as many have said before please do emulations of some of the plugins/hardware that people tend to use on a daily basic.
There is always a market for the company that does "the best" emulations, even if there are a couple alternatives out there.

These are on my wish list:

SSL channel
SSL Master bus Compressor

That would make my day
That's true, but there are also room for things they did like A-Range, CL 1B, Dyna-mite.

Even if they are not the everyday bread and butter, they are more like special weapons.

And it's great to have special weapons at disposal too, with more vibe than the everyday tools.

That said, I would better see a PROPER emulation of Neve 1073 preamp+eq, modeling the EQ behaviour combined with the saturation characteristics of the original units.

Followed by an API 550 if possible heh...
Old 17th May 2010
how about a beat LA plug in?

i agree that an SSL channel would be dope but like the above poster mentions softube have made their niche market through these (kinda) left-of-field or cult tools. weapons with character you might say .. but whatever they do, it's going to be amazing.

again, thank you softube.

jeremy
Old 18th May 2010
Here for the gear

This plugin sounds great and looks great! It's also stable and efficient. I can say the same for all of Softube's other products except for Acoustic Feedback with regard to sound - I never got any sounds out of this plugin that I enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passivepeter View Post

Fatso
distressor
sherman filterbank
ADR stressor/compex
Anamod ATS1
anything by Chandler
Great suggestions.
Old 18th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash View Post
That's true, but there are also room for things they did like A-Range, CL 1B, Dyna-mite.

Even if they are not the everyday bread and butter, they are more like special weapons.
The CL1B , FET and A-Range are my bread and butter at the moment . 2 FETs into an A-Range on percussive sounds like handclaps and shaker .... Bad @ss !!!!
Old 23rd May 2010
Lives for gear

What about the aliasing? Can it be fixed / is it a problem?

(RE: All ST EQ/Comps, inc Abbey Road Brilliance)
Old 23rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surbitone View Post
What about the aliasing? Can it be fixed / is it a problem?

(RE: All ST EQ/Comps, inc Abbey Road Brilliance)
Don't be that guy
Old 23rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Unit View Post
Don't be that guy
Ha ha ha ha ha!

That's what I was thinking.

- c
Old 23rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Unit View Post
Don't be that guy
Err... I think ST are great, cool innovative products, good sound - nice people on here. But there does seem to be some issues regarding aliasing that may or may not pose an issue. Progression is built on questions & challenges.
Old 23rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surbitone View Post
Err... I think ST are great, cool innovative products, good sound - nice people on here. But there does seem to be some issues regarding aliasing that may or may not pose an issue. Progression is built on questions & challenges.
No offense intended, man. And to be fair you did leave the possibility open that aliasing isn't actually a serious problem.

I would just hate to scare off the nice developers because the GS community has decided aliasing is the devil all of a sudden. That's not necessarily meaning you, but there are definitely some folks here who, shall we say, lack a nuanced understanding and/or trust their eyes more than their ears...
Old 26th May 2010
Gear Addict

Hi guys,

Yeah, we've seen the aliasing thread, and it's interesting to follow. Here's our 2 cents.

For equalizers, discounting saturation controls and such, there should be no aliasing.

For things that distort, like guitar amps, there will always be aliasing, it's just a tradeoff of aliasing vs. processing power. For compressors, and especially modeling compressors, the tradeoff gets very complex, as they are very different from conventional distorting systems. In our listening tests (and our external testers'), we've come to the conclusion that the tradeoffs we've made are reasonable, but if we're able to find audio examples of relevant signals that show that this is not the case, we will of course reconsider. In the end it's about what's audible.

Cheers,
Oscar
Old 26th May 2010
Lives for gear

How does this compare with the Sonalksis Gate?
Old 27th May 2010
Gear Addict

New features

Guys,

I think some of you will be happy to know that we have updated the Dyna-mite to version 1.0.3, including two requested features: Mouse Wheel support for Windows and ability to hide the Info Box.

Also, there's only five days left on the intro offer, so make sure you don't miss this!

Cheers,
Torsten
Old 27th May 2010
Gear Addict

I have been following the tread too, and couldn't help but notice that the plugs that I love the sound of, are getting pounded by the camp with RTAs.
My "listening tests" conclusively prove that many of these plugs with aliasing issues are the most accurately modeled?

Quote:
Hi guys,

Yeah, we've seen the aliasing thread, and it's interesting to follow. Here's our 2 cents.

For equalizers, discounting saturation controls and such, there should be no aliasing.

For things that distort, like guitar amps, there will always be aliasing, it's just a tradeoff of aliasing vs. processing power. For compressors, and especially modeling compressors, the tradeoff gets very complex, as they are very different from conventional distorting systems. In our listening tests (and our external testers'), we've come to the conclusion that the tradeoffs we've made are reasonable, but if we're able to find audio examples of relevant signals that show that this is not the case, we will of course reconsider. In the end it's about what's audible.

Cheers,
Oscar
Old 27th May 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:

Also, there's only five days left on the intro offer, so make sure you don't miss this!

Cheers,
Torsten
Let em know!
Old 27th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi guys,

For equalizers, discounting saturation controls and such, there should be no aliasing. ...In the end it's about what's audible.

Cheers,
Oscar
And from a technically knowledgeable viewpoint. My sentiment, exactly.
Old 27th May 2010
currently using the dynamite on my actual project.

it's fantastic! really.. I have not tested the other comps from softube but this thing kills! first time I hear dramatic changes of ratio, knee, dessing and stuff.

first I fell in love with the EQ, not it's their compression stuff.

ok. go grab it.

cheers
G
Old 27th May 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
we have updated the Dyna-mite to version 1.0.3, including two requested features: Mouse Wheel support for Windows and ability to hide the Info Box.
Finally softube!
dont let us wait for the MW Support in the other native plugins.
Old 28th May 2010

Quote:
Guys,

I think some of you will be happy to know that we have updated the Dyna-mite to version 1.0.3, including two requested features: Mouse Wheel support for Windows and ability to hide the Info Box.

Cheers,
Torsten
Nice!
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
currently using the dynamite on my actual project.

it's fantastic! really.. I have not tested the other comps from softube but this thing kills! first time I hear dramatic changes of ratio, knee, dessing and stuff.

first I fell in love with the EQ, not it's their compression stuff.

ok. go grab it.

cheers
G
They are the greatest! I adore them;-)
Old 1st June 2010
Here for the gear

Just bought this amazing plugin from Tony Belmont. It couldn't have been easier or cheaper. Many Thanks Tony.

With regards to the plugin, it is brilliant I have been using it in conjunction with the URS Strip Pro and the combination is fantastic. I have only used the gate function at the moment on various drum mixes and I've got to say that it blows the Logic gate away. It just works the way I've always wanted a gate to work very musical, and there are many other functions i've yet to try.

Good on you Softube
Old 1st June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by callumdrum View Post
Just bought this amazing plugin from Tony Belmont. It couldn't have been easier or cheaper. Many Thanks Tony.
Old 2nd June 2010
Lives for gear

TDM Support?

Any plans for TDM support?
Old 4th June 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Any plans for TDM support?
Sorry, not at this point.

Cheers,
Torsten
Old 27th June 2010
This thing is incredibly good!
Old 27th June 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0t0b0t View Post
This thing is incredibly good!
I'll second that. Here I was thinking that I couldn't possibly need another compressor, but this does incredible stuff. On individual drums it's the smackmaker. On guitars you can get a really "big" sound with this that is harder or impossible to get with other ITB comps.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search