The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Softube Launches Valley People Dyna-mite Plugin! Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 7th May 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softube View Post
Hi all!

About VST3 support:

While developing a VST3 interface may not be rocket science in itself, it does add a fair bit of work when combining it with all the different formats that are out there. To that add support, maintenance and testing and the workload piles up. At this time we're prioritizing 64-bit support since we get a lot of user requests for this, far more than for VST3 actually.

We are looking into VST3 though and we will support it in the the future, just need to catch our breath after the 64-bit marathon we're in

We did not forget about our PC users and every time you ask it gets bumped up on the list, so keep asking!

Cheers,
Torsten

Thanks, appreciated.
Old 7th May 2010
Lives for gear

I'm on a Mac, so bump it back down and stay on 64 bit support!

LOL

TH
Old 7th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
I'm on a Mac, so bump it back down and stay on 64 bit support!

LOL

TH
Yes I agee , bring on 64
Old 7th May 2010
Lives for gear

vst 2 sidechain in sonar works like a charm here
Old 8th May 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
We did not forget about our PC users and every time you ask it gets bumped up on the list, so keep asking!
im gonna ask it everytime, coz i dont want work without it!
this feat. is essential

what about the infobox in dynamite, is possible to click it away, in a future update?
Old 8th May 2010
Lives for gear

Am i missing something ?

whats the difference between sidechaining with dyna-mite and sidechaining with any other compressor in logic ?

is it just that dyna-mite has a bit more control ?
Old 9th May 2010
Gear Head

please, get rid of the infobox..
who's idea was that?

the prospect of looking at that for years to come..
Old 9th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
please, get rid of the infobox..
who's idea was that?

the prospect of looking at that for years to come..
It's something only a clown could love. It draws my eyes attention like a damn light bulb! That and the 4 logo's that pop up credit info need to go.
Old 9th May 2010
Lives for gear

But if they do that, then those who have the early "info box" version will swear that it is the ONLY version to have, because it sounds better.

TH
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

i tried this plug and i think it's ****ing amazing. i dunno who the softube team is, but they've been putting out some incredible **** lately.
Old 10th May 2010
Gear Addict

Info box

Wow! We did not expect that the info box would be such an annoying feature.

Alright, it's unfortunately not a good solution to change the window size while running the plug-in. We tried that once with the bx_digital 1 we did for Brainworx and that seemingly simple feature gave us lots of headaches since it kept breaking with new OS and host versions...

So how about this, a button in the "manual bar" at the bottom of the screen that tells the plug-in that the next time it opens it should not include the info box? It would of course keep the setting global for all Dyna-mites until changed back. How many of you would think that's a good solution?

Cheers,
Torsten
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
So how about this, a button in the "manual bar" at the bottom of the screen that tells the plug-in that the next time it opens it should not include the info box? It would of course keep the setting global for all Dyna-mites until changed back. How many of you would think that's a good solution?

Cheers,
Torsten

Me like !

G
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Yep
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Perfect.

Old 10th May 2010
Gear Maniac

Good idea, thanks
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

For the record, I don't see what the big deal is about the info box...doesn't bug me at all.

It would be a shame if these comments prevent you from providing some DAW workflow enhancement for future products. I'm definitely not in the "straight emulation" school of thought... keep the sound but make the workflow better! A couple extra days coding workflow improvements on your end will save thousands of days for engineers around the world
Old 10th May 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
how about this, a button in the "manual bar" at the bottom of the screen that tells the plug-in that the next time it opens it should not include the info box?
a "hide info box" button would be great!

Quote:
We tried that once with the bx_digital 1 we did for Brainworx
what really? are you talking bout the vst version ?!?!
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

Alright, it's unfortunately not a good solution to change the window size while running the plug-in. We tried that once with the bx_digital 1 we did for Brainworx and that seemingly simple feature gave us lots of headaches since it kept breaking with new OS and host versions...

Cheers,
Torsten

Doesn't bother me at all but that's a solution for the nitpickers

TH
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

TH
My thoughts exactly!
Old 10th May 2010
Gear Head

Quote:

Cheers,
Torsten
that's the kind of solution i imagined, to not interfere with previous version saves.
it's not the box itself really, but the writing info that keeps returning, can't it just stay 'static' on the number values?
Old 11th May 2010
Lives for gear

the info box is quite a good feature , not distracting me here .....the option to have or not seems a good idea , but don't erase it at all !

+ 1 for the scrolling !!
Old 11th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

TH

I agree.
Old 11th May 2010
Gear Addict

I just think it's really cool that Softube cares enough about their customers to respond to this! Class act!
Old 11th May 2010
Gear Addict

Thanks everyone for chiming in! The info box button is now on our (growing) TODO list.

Quote:
what really? are you talking bout the vst version ?!?!
We did the TDM version.

Cheers,
Torsten
Old 11th May 2010
Lives for gear

Compression aside - I think this is a great drum gate. I was thinking, from some users comments (re the HW) that the gate would more or less suck, however, this is not the case at all. I think this could be the only ITB contender for coolest, snappiest drum compressor too - MPressor being the alternative. I will be buying this in a couple of weeks. It's actually a hell of a lot more versatile than I anticipated, works great on vox as an rms comp, same with bass - I bet the when the ouptut overdriven, this would be great for electric guitars.
Old 11th May 2010
Gear Head

This is the best SW gate I have ever tried! It is so easy to make it working the way I need, included presets are a great starting point, a few tweaks and you are done. A MUST for mixing live drum tracks..
Old 12th May 2010
after a week of trying this plugin, it does'nt sound like the real one at all.

And i have a real Dynamite.

the output gain is much lower then the real one, and something is getting grainy

in its color.
Old 12th May 2010
Lives for gear

I'm using it too on live drums more than on electro (got my FET for that) ...i also find the output kinda too soft , couldn't compensate the gain loss one time , had to raise my fader ....but i cannot compare it to the real thing that i didn't tried !!

Anotha great great tool , using right now on percussions ....also on some synth to "deess"(harsheness) and clean them (thks to the expander mode)!! really usefull plug once you understand the philosophy behind it ..

Edit : mouse Scrollin again on top of the list , don't waist your time with the box !! it can be done later !!
Old 13th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

Cheers,
Torsten
What happened to the CL 1B A/B sound demos your website was hosting?
Old 14th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-sharp View Post
I just think it's really cool that Softube cares enough about their customers to respond to this! Class act!
+1

Developers like this will get more of my $. The fact that the plugins sound excellent is nice too!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search