The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Softube Launches Valley People Dyna-mite Plugin! Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 31st March 2010
Lives for gear

I think the very best idea is to pool your resources and make a bread and butter tool like an SSL or Neve strip. I dare say 'SSL' is still a hot word around town, and if you manage to show that you have a better working strip than Waves, without the WUP and whatnot, you'd have people flocking over to your side immediately. These strips comprise about 80% of my sessions, and with the awesome saturation/summing of Slate's new VCC and Nebula's Alex B consoles, a very very closely modeled channel strip plug-in (or even a set of them, based on different consoles) would be the perfect compliment.

People want to recreate the feel of mixing on consoles ITB. The channel strip plug-ins are a great way to unify all your basic functionality on the one screen.

Without a doubt I would hit a 'money' product like this before continuing on doing niche products that have a lot of underground cred, but won't necessarily sell a ton.
Old 31st March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermz View Post
I think the very best idea is to pool your resources and make a bread and butter tool like an SSL or Neve strip. I dare say 'SSL' is still a hot word around town, and if you manage to show that you have a better working strip than Waves, without the WUP and whatnot, you'd have people flocking over to your side immediately. These strips comprise about 80% of my sessions, and with the awesome saturation/summing of Slate's new VCC and Nebula's Alex B consoles, a very very closely modeled channel strip plug-in (or even a set of them, based on different consoles) would be the perfect compliment.

People want to recreate the feel of mixing on consoles ITB. The channel strip plug-ins are a great way to unify all your basic functionality on the one screen.

Without a doubt I would hit a 'money' product like this before continuing on doing niche products that have a lot of underground cred, but won't necessarily sell a ton.
well played sir .
Old 31st March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Pyramid View Post
well played sir .
+ ∞
Old 1st April 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softube View Post
I think you're talking about the Active Equalizer? Yep, it's also on our list but I'm not sure we want to solve it like we did in the Active EQ or if we'll do something different.
yes i was talking bout the Active Equalizer!
realise it like in the Active EQ! thats solved sexy
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

^ See, solid reasoning! So start making them licensing deals with SSL/API/Neve already

The great thing about strips is that they are something EVERYONE needs, and not only that, but that need will be emphasized as these console saturation plug-ins become more standardized. The idea of emulating the sound and function of an entire console ITB will be very real, and I couldn't think of anyone better to spearhead that than the people doing the best algorithmic modeling (IMO) in the industry today. If you're adventurous you could even make a deal with Slate and license their saturation to be built into your strip plug-ins. All-in-one solution, would be perfect!
Old 8th April 2010
Gear Nut
Softube Valley People dynamite!

Did you guy's saw this one?
Looks really cool, can't wait to demo it!thumbsup

http://www.softube.com/valleypeople_dynamite.php

Luc

Last edited by audioluche; 9th April 2010 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: bad typing
Old 8th April 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioluche View Post
Did you guy's saw this one?
Lokks really cool, can 't wait to demo it!thumbsup

Valley People Dyna-mite by Softube

Luc
Merged with the original thread.
Old 9th April 2010
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Merged with the original thread.
Thanks Tony.

I did not saw the original thread!!!!

Luc
Old 29th April 2010

Just a heads up... This goes on sale on Monday.
Old 29th April 2010
Lives for gear

$ ?

tdm?

demo?

rtas i assume
Old 29th April 2010
Mar
Gear Nut

Quote:

Neve! Native Neve channel strip is what I want!!! please do it!!
Old 29th April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
$ ?

tdm?

demo?

rtas i assume
No TDM as of yet.

They are running a special for the month of May with MAP of $199.99

Check out the sound demonstration links:
Valley People Dyna-mite by Softube

Ilok demo should be available shortly.
Old 29th April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Just a heads up... This goes on sale on Monday.
But I'm Sure people are taking Pre-Orders now....lol
Old 30th April 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2dpapi View Post
But I'm Sure people are taking Pre-Orders now....lol
Not sure why anyone would want to pay someone in advance for a plugin they have never even tried... That's probably one of the strangest things I've ever heard of. Especially, considering licenses will be readily available upon release.

Anyway... the price goes up on June 1st folks, so you have a whole month to decide.
Old 30th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not sure why anyone would want to pay someone in advance for a plugin they have never even tried... That's probably one of the strangest things I've ever heard of. Especially, considering licenses will be readily available upon release.

Anyway... the price goes up on June 1st folks, so you have a whole month to decide.
You know, some people were already sold after watchin the video demos.

And believe it or not, if a trusted company that has proven to never disappoint with its releases, be it vintage emulation or custom designs, some people might drop the money even without having using it.
Old 30th April 2010
Lives for gear

A Softube plug-in <$200, sounds like a no-brainer to me.
Old 30th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:

+1 here too, a HQ channel strip with nonlinear harmonic distortion based on popular consoles is the way to go.
Old 30th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Of course, a perfect emulation of Neve and API would be cool.
Old 30th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
A Softube plug-in <$200, sounds like a no-brainer to me.
Can we stop using the term "no-brainer"? I cringe every time I see it now, it's so over used. Sounds like only someone without a brain would want one. heh

Sorry... OT.

Old 1st May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
Can we stop using the term "no-brainer"? I cringe every time I see it now, it's so over used. Sounds like only someone without a brain would want one. heh

Sorry... OT.

Good call.

Sounds like a no-f*ckin-way--what-a-good-deal--of-course-I'll-buy-that.
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post

Do you think Softube has the skills to make something as good as the Uaudio Massive Passive EQ ??

Hmmmm..
Yeah - I thought the UAD MP was really really good, but not absolutely friggin' fantastic. I know it scored 50/50 in that shootout, but it didn't completely fool me. The Nebula version kills it, but I guess it's not a fair comparison really. Softube, I really think is one step ahead of the algorithm game though, I can see lots of stuff on the cards from them over the forthcoming years. I don't think a Vari MU or Sta Level is out of the question

However, it's 00:59, May 3rd. Bring on the Dynamite!
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Addict

wow....softube...is becoming a real contender in the plugin field
i still have like 8 of the hardware,,,,does it have the keying function like the hardware......i used to key in room mics on the snare track.....really miss that effect....
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalson View Post
wow....softube...is becoming a real contender in the plugin field
Becoming ? they already are the contender and have been for sometime.
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Addict

Softube ships Valley People Dyna-mite!

Hello,

Finally it's time for the release of the Softube Valley People Dyna-mite plug-in for native (VST/AU/RTAS)! Valley People Dyna-mite is available today at the Softube web shop and at authorized Softube dealers at an introductory price of $229, excl. VAT. The introductory offer will last throughout May and thereafter the price will be $279.

The Valley People Dyna-mite is a unique limiter/expander with options to do gating, ducking, keying and de-essing. For some, the Valley People Dyna-mite is a secret weapon, for others it's a hidden treasure just waiting to be discovered.

Nowadays, the Dyna-mite has a reputation not only as a problem solver but also as a unique dynamics processor and a creative tool that will really inspire to new sounds!

A fully functional 20 day demo can be downloaded from Softube.

Make sure to watch the Dyna-mite plug-in videos!
YouTube - SoftubeStudios's Channel

Enjoy!
Torsten

Last edited by George Necola; 3rd May 2010 at 11:07 AM..
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Maniac

TDM?
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by radu.ionescu View Post
TDM?
That's a good question. In fact, that should be the only text that comes up when you go to Avid.com

In a huge font, just three letters followed by a question mark, in the middle of an otherwise blank screen:

TDM?

Anyway, back to the topic of this thread: I'm psyched and downloading now!

- c
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear
Oh no!

Its sounds great

everytime I think I have everything I need..........
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
That's a good question. In fact, that should be the only text that comes up when you go to Avid.com

In a huge font, just three letters followed by a question mark, in the middle of an otherwise blank screen:

TDM?

Anyway, back to the topic of this thread: I'm psyched and downloading now!

- c
These posts bring a smile to my face.

Anyway, on to test this little bugger!
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

So I spent a mere 20 minutes with it and I'm all giddy.

First off, the GUI is badass. Classy, yet badass. Bladass. The 'quick quide' button is a welcome convenience for those of us who haven't used the real thing. And once again, Softube swoops in with presets that are actually useful. Reasonable starting points for sure, though I'm sure I'll know this plug inside & out by Tuesday.

This plug is mean & lean. I can get 340 instances running smooth on my 2008 Mac Pro 8-core in Logic 9. Not that anyone would EVER use anything remotely nearing that instance count in a real session, but as we know, CPU strain adds up. It's nice to know this one uses a petty 0.294% of my system resources.

And the sound... oh, MAN! I just loaded it onto a thick and beastly drum bus I've got going with the Abbey Road 60s drums, and this plug just spanks it into firm, bouncalicious putty.

Top f*ckin notch plug-in!
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
TDM?
Nope, not at this time. But, as everythinglouder noted, the RTAS version is very CPU efficient!

Cheers,
Torsten

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search