The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Softube Launches Valley People Dyna-mite Plugin! Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

Honestly, this thing rocks.

Even just for the output stage saturation/distortion, it sounds so cool .

And yes, I'm talking of the plugin version heh !
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

softube is going hard !!heh

can wait to try it , specially to clean up some noisy synths !!!!
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

Interesting to see them just drop plugins like this. A refreshing approach instead of the usual pre-release announcements.
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper_6 View Post
Interesting to see them just drop plugins like this. A refreshing approach instead of the usual pre-release announcements.
Well, the release is planned for may 3th.

Still more than a full month to go.
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

Man... I'm actually digging what I'm hearing!
Old 25th March 2010
impressive!
Old 26th March 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Yordan View Post
Nostalgia, used Dyna-mite in 80s in a studio I worked in.

I have a unit simular to this one, see pic below and think that one has cooler coloring.

Lego rack spacer?
Old 26th March 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper_6 View Post
I do believe they can emulate hardware faster (and better) than anyone else. After watching they're tube-tech making of video I got the idea that they have a plug-in engine.

They just insert the electronics scheme, make the GUI and tune everything up. It's like a game engine.

It probably took them years to create this engine but now they have a powerful tool to create great plug-ins in no time. I imagine Softube to have so many stuff in a couple of years that no one will beat them in terms of quality and quantity.

Well, the quality is of course subjective and my opinion only.
Old 26th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwes View Post
I do believe they can emulate hardware faster (and better) than anyone else. After watching they're tube-tech making of video I got the idea that they have a plug-in engine.

They just insert the electronics scheme, make the GUI and tune everything up. It's like a game engine.

It probably took them years to create this engine but now they have a powerful tool to create great plug-ins in no time. I imagine Softube to have so many stuff in a couple of years that no one will beat them in terms of quality and quantity.

Well, the quality is of course subjective and my opinion only.
Completely agree.

In that same video you're talking about, they say that it took them years and lot of efforts to put the plugins "engine/framework" together, but they now have a powerful platform to get things done right and quicker than before.

But as we can state, it was worth the wait heh.
Old 26th March 2010
Lives for gear

yep for the engine , but not everything can be done with that ....they still make listening session and adjustement to the original ....but yeah they really know what they're doing and they do it f..k...n well !!thumbsup

and we must point out the gear they choose !!
Old 26th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
[..] and we must point out the gear they choose !!
Well... if I could pick out the gear they would make/emulate.. I would love to see their take on a Fatso / Distressor emulation.. and I could use a nice native Neve channelstrip.. guess that's not gonna happen though.

Do you think Softube has the skills to make something as good as the Uaudio Massive Passive EQ ??

Hmmmm..
Old 26th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
yep for the engine , but not everything can be done with that ....they still make listening session and adjustement to the original ....but yeah they really know what they're doing and they do it f..k...n well !!thumbsup

That's also what they say on that same video again.

There is a passage when they say the engine is great for entering components, and schematics, but that the schematics does not say what are the interactions between components in the piece of gear they work on.

So they still have to analyze how components react together and have LOT of listening sessions to tweak it to make the plugin react like in the real thing.

Honestly, this is the kind of videos I like. No marketing bull****, just how it works.
Old 26th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post

Do you think Softube has the skills to make something as good as the Uaudio Massive Passive EQ ??

Hmmmm..
Who else, if not Softube? I think they showed with the Trident that they are on par with UA
Old 26th March 2010
RTR
Lives for gear

Found the real deal on ebay for $295.00..I am sure this plug will be close to that or more!!
Old 26th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
Found the real deal on ebay for $295.00..I am sure this plug will be close to that or more!!
My guess is it will be much less than that.
Old 26th March 2010
Lives for gear

yep i really like the videos , no bull**** and like otha have pointed out : who else can do it better !!

more a license agreement i think , when i hear the fatso brands owner on the ua videos , i clearly feel that he's in love (translate : exclusive) with ua !!
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crille_mannen View Post
Softube makes super products but i really hope they will model a SSL serie and a API serie wohoo
right i would love to see them get in that game with some type of full channel strip comp/gate/eq, but i would also love to see a Alesis 3630 emu ITB from them as well, more "cult" stuff heh
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekn0 View Post
right i would love to see them get in that game with some type of full channel strip comp/gate/eq, but i would also love to see a Alesis 3630 emu ITB from them as well, more "cult" stuff heh

hee hee hee i say a hee hee hee heh
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

I would really love to see something like EBBE UND FLUT or SHERMAN FILTERBANK from SOFTUBE
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
Well... if I could pick out the gear they would make/emulate.. I would love to see their take on a Fatso / Distressor emulation.. and I could use a nice native Neve channelstrip.. guess that's not gonna happen though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekn0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
I would really love to see something like EBBE UND FLUT or SHERMAN FILTERBANK from SOFTUBE
Guys, just wanted to say that you should indeed speak your mind like this. Everyone at Softube reads Gearslutz and are of course listening to suggestions. Keep 'em coming.
Old 30th March 2010
Gear Addict

Wow! Videos was great!
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
Everyone at Softube reads Gearslutz and are of course listening to suggestions. Keep 'em coming.
OK, you Softube guys put some amazing filters in that focusing-eq. So why don´t you throw some adsr and lfo on it and give us a great beat-mangler.

I think it´s time for some unconventionel stuff with that Softube quality!
Old 30th March 2010
I wish they would emulate these
Old 30th March 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
Guys, just wanted to say that you should indeed speak your mind like this. Everyone at Softube reads Gearslutz and are of course listening to suggestions. Keep 'em coming.
If that is the case, I would like to throw a few nominees out there

Sta Level
176 Limiting Amplifier
Ampex 440

Old 30th March 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Everyone at Softube reads Gearslutz and are of course listening to suggestions. Keep 'em coming.
why is mousewheel support not included in all softube vst plugins?
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

let's be crazy and hope for some synth emulation
Old 31st March 2010
Gear Addict

Mouse wheel

Quote:
why is mousewheel support not included in all softube vst plugins?
It's supported on Mac but on Windows it's a lot more tricky unfortunately. It's on our TODO list though. You just bumped it up a bit

Cheers,
Torsten
Old 31st March 2010
Gear Maniac

cool thorsten, i am not sitting behind my musicpc but only one of the softube plugins got a numerical readout for the output knob! (i think its the Fet comp)!

we want this feature in all your plugins, it makes working easier and faster
Old 31st March 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
cool thorsten, i am not sitting behind my musicpc but only one of the softube plugins got a numerical readout for the output knob! (i think its the Fet comp)!

we want this feature in all your plugins, it makes working easier and faster
I think you're talking about the Active Equalizer? Yep, it's also on our list but I'm not sure we want to solve it like we did in the Active EQ or if we'll do something different.

And I think you'll appreciate that the Dyna-mite has a numerical readout

Thanks,
Torsten

Last edited by Softube; 31st March 2010 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: On topic
Old 31st March 2010
please don't shoot me for asking this: how about a plugin that emulates all sorts of classic and modern preamps? i know that the plugin will have no way of knowing what pre one used for the source. one way i see it can be done is the have a selection for the source pre and another for the target pre. is this possible?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search