The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 9.1.1 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 18th March 2010
  #1
Gear Maniac
 

Logic 9.1.1

New Logic update

This update delivers improved compatibility and numerous fixes.

Issues addressed with 9.1.1 include:

Improved stability of the 32-Bit Audio Unit Bridge
Compatibility with Novation's Automap feature in 64-bit mode.
Compatibility with Euphonix Eucon protocol in 64-bit mode.
Issues addressed with Logic Pro 9.1.0 include:

Support for 64-bit native mode
Compatibility with 64-bit Audio Unit plug-ins
File names with over 32 characters are now supported
Samples are now mapped correctly when using the "Contiguous Zones" option in the EXS editor
Updated System Requirements

32-bit mode requires Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later
64-bit mode requires Mac OS X 10.6.2 or later
The update is recommended for all users of Logic Pro 9.



Release notes: Logic Pro 9.1.1: Release notes
Old 18th March 2010
  #2
Gear Addict
 
Jens's Avatar
 

* Resolves an issue that could lead to hanging notes when using side chain from a bus.

Finally, that bug drove me crazy.

* User-created Groove Templates made in Logic 9.0.2 or earlier are again available in the Quantize menu.

Nice!!
Old 19th March 2010
  #3
Gear Maniac
 

- Newly created software instrument tracks now include an EVP88 instrument plug-in by default.

wtf ?!?

Old 19th March 2010
  #4
Lives for gear
 
everythinglouder's Avatar
 

These 3 fixes caught my eye:

- The Hyper Draw lane in the Piano Roll now properly maintains its size when the Piano Roll is closed and then reopened.

- Resolves an issue that could lead to hanging notes when using side chain from a bus.

- CPU performance at high sample rates has been improved.
Old 19th March 2010
  #5
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancekid View Post
- Newly created software instrument tracks now include an EVP88 instrument plug-in by default.

wtf ?!?


Yeah that's silly...
Old 19th March 2010
  #6
Lives for gear
 
valis's Avatar
Looks like they worked on the 32bit bridge quite a bit, moves things forward to 64bit a bit more for some I'm sure. Also these might be of interest to people having issues with huge/legacy EXS24 library corruption:

Instruments and Effects
  • EXS24 now reliably loads instruments that contain audio files with long file names.
  • EXS instruments with double-byte characters in their file names now load properly again.
  • It is again possible to load EXS24 instruments from Symlinks.

I wonder if that solves some of the libraries issues for people...?
Old 19th March 2010
  #7
Lives for gear
 
oceantracks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotso View Post
Yeah that's silly...
Yeah that's really dumb, I can't imagine what spurned this on...

TH
Old 19th March 2010
  #8
Lives for gear
 
everythinglouder's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancekid View Post
- Newly created software instrument tracks now include an EVP88 instrument plug-in by default.

wtf ?!?

That's not true. I guess Apple didn't explain that correctly; new instruments I'm creating right now don't have any Logic stock instrument by default.
Old 19th March 2010
  #9
gee updates coming a lot quicker, it's almost like the Emagic days
Old 19th March 2010
  #10
Lives for gear
 
everythinglouder's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
gee updates coming a lot quicker, it's almost like the Emagic days
4 updates in nine months, as opposed to 2 updates in two years that we saw for Logic 8.
Old 19th March 2010
  #11
Lives for gear
 
SKyflash34's Avatar
 

The link for the release notes above must have changed.

Here is the new one.

Logic Pro 9.1.1: Release notes

This update looks great! I wished I had this earlier in the week. Downloading now....
Old 19th March 2010
  #12
Lives for gear
 
bexarametric's Avatar
 

I have had nothing but nightmares with 64bit sessions and Native Instruments. I'm enjoying the update for 32. I think Logic with 64bit has a long way to go.
Old 19th March 2010
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Still no fix for the bursts of white noise that randomly occur. Probably the only bug that will lead to hearing loss.
Old 19th March 2010
  #14
Gear Addict
 
musicjon's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
Still no fix for the bursts of white noise that randomly occur. Probably the only bug that will lead to hearing loss.
I've only had this happen when using a firewire drive. If I move the project to my internal audio drive, the noises go away. (The number of tracks doesn't seem to make a difference either)
Old 19th March 2010
  #15
Lives for gear
 
sonicdefault's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
Still no fix for the bursts of white noise that randomly occur. Probably the only bug that will lead to hearing loss.
I haven't had this issue since the very first version 9 release.


-SD
Old 19th March 2010
  #16
Lives for gear
 
synthoid's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Yeah that's really dumb, I can't imagine what spurned this on...

TH
it makes perfect sense to me. I mean, it's too expensive to put Reaktor in there by default, which is the other obvious choice. heh
Old 19th March 2010
  #17
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 

I can confirm the sticking notes sidechaining bug has vanished, feels odd as I learning to live with it lol
Old 19th March 2010
  #18
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
Still no fix for the bursts of white noise that randomly occur. Probably the only bug that will lead to hearing loss.
I must be one of the lucky ones as this has never happened to me
Old 19th March 2010
  #19
Jam
Lives for gear
 
Jam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
I must be one of the lucky ones as this has never happened to me
Ditto, or put another way people that aren't having problems tend not to mention that nothing bad has happened.

James
Old 19th March 2010
  #20
Lives for gear
 
bigbongo's Avatar
 

weird... I've downloaded this update and computer says 'your computer does not need this update'.

is that because I did a 'prokit' update a few days ago and this was included?
Old 19th March 2010
  #21
Lives for gear
 
sonicdefault's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbongo View Post
weird... I've downloaded this update and computer says 'your computer does not need this update'.

is that because I did a 'prokit' update a few days ago and this was included?
That doesn't sound right, if you haven't done any other updates within the last 24 hours. The Prokit update doesn't include Logic.

Have you looked at the "About Logic" splash screen to confirm what version you're running?



-SD
Old 19th March 2010
  #22
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
Still no fix for the bursts of white noise that randomly occur. Probably the only bug that will lead to hearing loss.
I've only had this issue with rogue 3rd party plugins. Its normally been easily fixed by updating them.
Old 19th March 2010
  #23
Lives for gear
 
j-uk's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancekid View Post
- Newly created software instrument tracks now include an EVP88 instrument plug-in by default.

wtf ?!?

Only if you have the Open Library checkboxed checked.
Old 19th March 2010
  #24
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbongo View Post
weird... I've downloaded this update and computer says 'your computer does not need this update'.

is that because I did a 'prokit' update a few days ago and this was included?
I had this because I had moved Logic to a different location. I moved it back to Applications and it updated just fine.
Old 19th March 2010
  #25
Lives for gear
 
MrCrowbar's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer View Post
I've only had this issue with rogue 3rd party plugins. Its normally been easily fixed by updating them.
Interesting, I had those pop up a couple of times when mixing. You're supposed to turn the monitor levels up and turn down the faders for getting enough headroom. When the random noise kicks in, it's wayyyyy loud. This is one reason why I insist on having a physical master volume knob in reach.
Old 19th March 2010
  #26
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
Still no fix for the bursts of white noise that randomly occur. Probably the only bug that will lead to hearing loss.
ProTools bugs often have me banging my fists against my head. Hearing goes away, recovers in a few minutes. So that makes two.
Old 19th March 2010
  #27
Lives for gear
 
bigbongo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdefault View Post
Have you looked at the "About Logic" splash screen to confirm what version you're running?
Yes I'm running 9.1.0 and I've not moved Logic from the applications folder either.

I've just looked at apple support website and there're others with the same problem, one step forward...
Old 19th March 2010
  #28
Gear Maniac
 
Bretster's Avatar
 

Quote:

"Still no fix for the bursts of white noise that randomly occur. Probably the only bug that will lead to hearing loss."

Quote:

"I've only had this happen when using a firewire drive. If I move the project to my internal audio drive, the noises go away. (The number of tracks doesn't seem to make a difference either)"

And I have never had this happen to me, possibly because most of the time I use USB 2.0 and low track counts. I know that many have not suggested using an external USB2.0 drive but I have not had any real issues so far so I guess it works for me. I hope to use the MCE Optibay in my macbook for two 7200 rpm internal drives in the near future.

Its good to know more about this white noise problem however.
Old 19th March 2010
  #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
gee updates coming a lot quicker, it's almost like the Emagic days


Beat me to it!
Old 19th March 2010
  #30
Here for the gear
 

Red face Well, I'm Emagic today - L9 when FedEx arrives

my new iMac i7 27" should arrive soon - I have my Logic upgrade pack (from Logic 5 don't laugh) and a book on how to use L9 (which at least looks somewhat familiar).

I know b*gger all about Macs & L9 and upgrades. This looks essential - will it all happen automatically when I put my L9 CDs in?

(In fact I've heard Macs are so much better - should I expect L9/Macs to just intuitively write all my music for me from now on? (Well, maybe not))

Excuse my silly question but how does one upgrade with fix levels?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
ksatriya / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
4
Dr Gruv / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0
Dr Gruv / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0

Forum Jump
Forum Jump