The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 9.1.1 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 21st March 2010
Lives for gear
Yeah, an empty EXS24 makes more sense to me too!
Old 22nd March 2010
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriller View Post
Am I going mad or is the GUI (and logic in general) a bit more snappy and responsive than in 9.1?

seems to load a bit quicker too.

Maybe im imagining it?
Not at all. 9.1.1 also sounds more analogue.

Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthoid View Post
Every time it has happened to me, it's been in a big take folder. I sure hope it has been fixed.

-synthoid
It's happened to me and I never use take folders. Also, I have had it happen with the buffer set at 32, 64, and 128. I can't go higher since I am using software monitoring.

Is everyone that has had the "burst of white noise" using software monitoring?

Ps, I installed 9.1.1 today. We'll see how it goes.
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns View Post
It's happened to me and I never use take folders. Also, I have had it happen with the buffer set at 32, 64, and 128. I can't go higher since I am using software monitoring.

Is everyone that has had the "burst of white noise" using software monitoring?

Ps, I installed 9.1.1 today. We'll see how it goes.
I use software monitoring. I think we have narrowed this bug down to ... it happens when using Logic, mostly at important times. heh

You know, this line in the release note sounds suspiciously like a euphemism for this bug:

Quote:
Resolves an issue where recording would incorrectly appear to continue after "Disk too slow errors."
when I first saw this bug, I thought, somehow they are sending bad data into the audio file when they get this "disk too slow" condition.

hope so!

-synthoid
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Memory leakage is MUCH worse now. I don´t know if it is due to the 5.1 ProAudio update or the Logic 9.1.1 update.

Running 10.5.8.
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

The update hasn't solved the System Overload bug. Still unusable for me. On the other hand, PT 8 has been fine. Moving all my sessions over has been an unwanted detour but work must go on. I'll keep trying as more updated come in.
Old 22nd March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechild View Post
Memory leakage is MUCH worse now. I don´t know if it is due to the 5.1 ProAudio update or the Logic 9.1.1 update.

Running 10.5.8.
If you are going to run 9.1.1 well you really should be on 10.6.2.
Old 22nd March 2010
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriller View Post
Am I going mad or is the GUI (and logic in general) a bit more snappy and responsive than in 9.1?

seems to load a bit quicker too.

Maybe im imagining it?
I must be as well.. does seem a bit more nimble
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
If you are going to run 9.1.1 well you really should be on 10.6.2.
Is it better, in what way? I am not interested in 64 bit Logic yet.
Old 22nd March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechild View Post
Is it better, in what way? I am not interested in 64 bit Logic yet.

More stable.
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Yeah, an empty EXS24 makes more sense to me too!
Maybe it's possible to simply change that default channel strip setting - and make it into an empty EXS plugin with no effects, and then resave it under the same name?
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthoid View Post
I use software monitoring. I think we have narrowed this bug down to ... it happens when using Logic, mostly at important times. heh

You know, this line in the release note sounds suspiciously like a euphemism for this bug:

when I first saw this bug, I thought, somehow they are sending bad data into the audio file when they get this "disk too slow" condition.

hope so!

-synthoid
yeah, I thought that line in the release notes looked interesting. Thing is, apple has been working on the white noise problem, I sent them some system info a couple of weeks ago to help sort out the problem. I didn't think they would have it fixed this quickly. I do hope they have.
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
More stable.
It's stable for me on 10.5.8 so far. No need to upgrade to 10.6 if you don't need 64-bit.
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

EXS seems to have trouble looping stuff for some reason.

Absolutely love flex time though.
Old 27th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbongo View Post
EXS seems to have trouble looping stuff for some reason.
Can you elaborate? There was an issue in 9.0 where EXS ignored loop points in custom-made instruments - hope that bug isn't back...

Anyone care to comment on the combination of Prokit 5.1 update, Logic 9.1.1 and OSX 10.6.2 overall? I've seen some random reports that are keeping me away (VSL elicenser key recognition, wonky window displays after the Prokit update, etc.) - love to hear that all is well from somebody before taking the plunge...
Old 27th March 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinecellar View Post
Can you elaborate? There was an issue in 9.0 where EXS ignored loop points in custom-made instruments - hope that bug isn't back...

Anyone care to comment on the combination of Prokit 5.1 update, Logic 9.1.1 and OSX 10.6.2 overall? I've seen some random reports that are keeping me away (VSL elicenser key recognition, wonky window displays after the Prokit update, etc.) - love to hear that all is well from somebody before taking the plunge...
Jim,
I have performed the updates and have not had any new problems. Operations and performance appear to be fine. CS.
Old 27th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinecellar View Post

I'm on L9.1.1, 10.6.2 and the latest Prokit update. I'm also using iLok and a ViennaKey for my software authorizations. Definitely not having problems with the ViennaKey (eLicenser).

Here's the deal:

Right when I updated to 9.1.1, I started using Amplitube 3. I'm now having regular crashes (1 or 2 a day), and it's either caused by 9.1.1 or AT3, but I have no way of knowing which, because I've been using AT3 at all times (and only) since getting 9.1.1.

If I had to bet, I'd say the crashes are AT3-related and not 9.1.1-related. IK products have given me problems in the past. I used to have crashes with AT-Fender and T-racks-3.

The problem for me is that AT3 sounds waaay better than any other amp sims, and I gotta have a killer crunchy guitar on this project. So the crashes are worth it for me right now.

Anyway, the combination of 9.1.1, PK5.1, and 10.6.2 is probably totally fine.
Old 27th March 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks fellas ;-)
Old 27th March 2010
Gear Addict

Boy would I like to have Undo in Notes... sigh.
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

What's the verdict on Snow Leopard? I got it and can update..Should I? I'm still having major problems with Logic 9 system overload bug and some whitenoise as well. Basically it's unusable at this point for any real work. Should I update and do you think it will help? Remember I had ZERO problems on this same computer with Logic 8 and it's configured for audio/Vid...It's Logic!
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

sventvkg, if you can make a new partition for snow leopard only and use that as a test environment before making it 'production live' you can probably answer that question yourself. You can also use CCC (CarbonCopyCloner) or SuperDuper to quickly clone your current Leo drive and perform the update to 10.6 on that, which would tell you exactly how your migration (non-fresh install) would go...
Old 28th March 2010
Gear Addict

EVP 88 as default

Sorry if this solutiuon has already been posted - I donøt have time to read all the new posts.
I just started a new project and asked for created a new multi-instruments. And what do I get: 16 channels of EVP88!!! WTF? All tracks named EVP 88!!!
But it's easy to get rid of. By default 9.1.1 opens the channel strip setting "EVP 88..." from the Logic Instrument library. I simply chose "settings" (directly on the strip) then "dele channel strip setting". Your newly created instrument get's rid of the EVP 88 and the name. And you will never see this problem again....
Old 31st March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordkrog View Post
Sorry if this solutiuon has already been posted - I donøt have time to read all the new posts.
I just started a new project and asked for created a new multi-instruments. And what do I get: 16 channels of EVP88!!! WTF? All tracks named EVP 88!!!
But it's easy to get rid of. By default 9.1.1 opens the channel strip setting "EVP 88..." from the Logic Instrument library. I simply chose "settings" (directly on the strip) then "dele channel strip setting". Your newly created instrument get's rid of the EVP 88 and the name. And you will never see this problem again....
Thanks.
Old 31st March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordkrog View Post
good tip

-SD
Old 31st March 2010
Gear Head

Absolutely moronic question here, but I am very new to Logic Studio 9. Got it about 2 or 3 weeks ago...

Where do you get the update? Does it show up in Apple's software update window? Because it never did for me and I am still running 9.0.0.

Any suggestions?
Old 31st March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decept View Post
Absolutely moronic question here, but I am very new to Logic Studio 9. Got it about 2 or 3 weeks ago...

Where do you get the update? Does it show up in Apple's software update window? Because it never did for me and I am still running 9.0.0.

Any suggestions?
You can get it here:

Logic Pro 9.1.1

As long as you've registered L9 with Apple, it should reveal updates with the "Software Update" function on your Mac.

-SD
Old 31st March 2010
Gear Head

Ok. So I DID register with Apple. Once on my iMac, and once on my MacBook Pro (per Apple's license agreement). I did this when I first installed the studio suite on both computers.

I went to that website, it asked me for my key (which I entered). I was able to download the update, but then when I tried to install it, it told me my computer "doesn't need this update". Uh, what?

When I click 'About Logic' it tells me I am running 9.0.0. So why won't Logic let me update?
Old 31st March 2010

Quote:
Ok. So I DID register with Apple. Once on my iMac, and once on my MacBook Pro (per Apple's license agreement). I did this when I first installed the studio suite on both computers.

I went to that website, it asked me for my key (which I entered). I was able to download the update, but then when I tried to install it, it told me my computer "doesn't need this update". Uh, what?

When I click 'About Logic' it tells me I am running 9.0.0. So why won't Logic let me update?
It sounds like you must have changed the app name. It has to be "Logic Pro" in your applications folder for software update to work.
Old 31st March 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:

Make sure the app is in your root Applications directory.
Old 31st March 2010
Gear Nut

10.6.3; 9.1.1; PK5.1 = the best, snappiest, most stable computer-based studio I have ever worked with. Good times - for me at least....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search