The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Old Metric Halo ULN2 tired sound? Audio Interfaces
Old 3rd March 2010
Gear interested

Some news!

Sorry

There was a wrong routing. I did the mono

Now, i start the Listening again. But since the support helped me for the right routing, sound becomes better and better

Please, don't kill me

I am really happy, that this story has got a good finish, and now i got a cup of tea - after five hard and cold days in my studio...
Old 3rd March 2010
Lives for gear

Excellent! Glad to hear you got things sorted out, sir!

I knew something wasn't right from the way you were describing what you heard before. Glad it's resolved.
Old 5th March 2010
Gear Maniac

24D vs ULN2

Hi, so hows the comparsion between ULN and Konnekt now ? let us know...
Old 5th March 2010
Gear interested

OK,

first of all, the metric halo sounds just as everybody is telling:

clear, dry, not too much in any kind of direction - maybe not hifi (there is no knickknack), but pro.

In comparison, the metric halo is well balanced out. It does a solid work. I can listen to music a long time without getting nervous. Sometimes the treble (...) but nothing serious.
The TC has much more details in AD/DA, but it is colored. It brings much more punch in any level.

So, after some sessions, i think that Metric Halo is the more pro box, because it is really pro in his self-effacement. For productions it is much more useful.
Last night, i recorded a western guitar in stereo set up: in this morning, i listen to the take many times and i wondered why my neighbor is up so early in the morning - there is always a special deep bass, when he is walking across his living room.
Hehe, it was not my neighbor, it was just some deep sub bass from my corpus of the western guitar, and it didn't came out of my monitors - it came from everywhere

Another thing is, that Recordings are without any exaggerated sound. They are clean. Maybe sometimes a bit too clean . But i think in the most kind of recording sessions, the clean take is much better to rework or to fortify.
For me it could be interesting to add the upgrade 2D card, because of the possibility to change the characters of the analog input. Maybe there is also a way to put characteristics on the output level, so that sound becomes a bit more interesting 8 (if it is need).

Altogether the conversion could be better, but the uln-2 is working solid. I think really there is no need of much more conversion power to produce nice recordings. The uln-8 has much more power in this case. If i had the money, i would buy that bigger one. But in my case it is really ok, and i can recommended the uln-2. Ok, the box is really a bit in the years, and i think Metric Halo could build a uln-2 MK2 up to date....but someone tells me, that Metric Halo is still happy about their uln-2. I hope i can trust them thumbsup
Old 18th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love to listen View Post
Ok, the box is really a bit in the years, and i think Metric Halo could build a uln-2 MK2 up to date....but someone tells me, that Metric Halo is still happy about their uln-2. I hope i can trust them thumbsup
There already is an MKII - the 2d model.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search