The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
002 and 001 plugins??????
Old 26th May 2003
Here for the gear

002 and 001 plugins??????

hey there,
recently i got a 002. i had a 001 before and have been trying to use some of my 001 plugs with my 002 and it crashes my system....am i completely screwed with these 001 plugins ie can't be used with my 002?????
Old 27th May 2003
Lives for gear

Re: 002 and 001 plugins??????

Quote:
Originally posted by sonicmike
hey there,
recently i got a 002. i had a 001 before and have been trying to use some of my 001 plugs with my 002 and it crashes my system....am i completely screwed with these 001 plugins ie can't be used with my 002?????
While I'm sure someone will give you a good answer here eventually, you shouldn't be afraid of calling digi tech support directly - should get an immediate response.

Good time to call is right when they open in the morning, around 8:30 am Pacific time.
Old 27th May 2003
Gear Nut

At first guess, there shouldn't be any problem with running RTAS plug-ins on the different platforms. I suppose the one hang-up would be that your 002 can support 96K while the 001 doesn't. If you have older plugs they may not work with the higher sampling rate.

I know that our RTAS plugs will run on anything from an M-Box to a PT-HD rig without a problem.

Good luck.

Noah

(From Wave Mechanics & SoundToys)
Old 29th May 2003
Gear Addict

Right.. with PT v5.3 and later.. DAE is now a DLL... This has been discussed at length on the Digi User Conference in the LE forum.

Rail
Old 1st June 2003
Here for the gear

Right.. with PT v5.3 and later.. DAE is now a DLL... This has been discussed at length on the Digi User Conference in the LE forum.

WHERE IN DIGIFORUM??? I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING AT LENGTH AND CAN'T FIND ANYTHING ON THIS??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THKS.
Old 1st June 2003
Here for the gear

found it on digiforum finally.

Anyone know which 3rd party plugs that worked in 001 will work in 002? Do we have to wait for updates or will they all work?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP: Logged

Rail Jon Rogut
Member # 1857

posted 10-26-2002 11:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All plug-ins will have to be updated to work with 5.3.x which has DAE as a DLL. All the digi plug-ins work, any others.. contact the manufacturers and check for an update. All RTAS plug-ins which work with HD should also work with 5.3.x Bomb Factory have not updated their plug-ins apparently.

I believe this page should show those which work with the 002 -- any that are HD compatible and are also available as RTAS or AS... but as I said, your 001 versions will have to be updated.
Old 2nd June 2003
Gear Addict

A comprehensive answer can be found here

Of course, the post you quoted was written before Bomb Factory updated their plug-ins.

Rail

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search