The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Selling indiv. components of MassivePack?
Old 24th May 2003
Lives for gear

Selling indiv. components of MassivePack?

Just curious if anyone knows if the authorization and registration implementation in the MassivePack would allow you to legitimately sell off component parts that you either already own (or don't particularly want) to third parties.

In my case, I already own all the Waves components, and there's a couple of other parts to it that are somewhat redundant to what I already own (Speed vs. Pitch n Time, e.g.) If i could sell off some of the Bundle and get a couple of hundred bucks (or more) back, it would really make the purchase a no-brainer. But I don't know if it is feasible, depending on the authorization schemes, etc.
Old 24th May 2003
Lives for gear
lilltedog,

As far as I know all MassivePack plugs are non transferable. But nothing keeps you from selling off your original doubles. Eg, sell your renaissance collection and keep the MassivePack Waves.

You know there is always some kind of hook on these too good to be true offers. I think adding the GML option to the Sony is no problem though.

Peter
Old 24th May 2003
Lives for gear

Well its hard to sell off your old plugins. At least i-lok makes it a little easier, the mc2000 and soundblender both have i-loks....
Wonder if I can sell of the my sony without the gml upgrade, and then upgrade that onto the Sony from the massive pack? Confused yet..
Old 25th May 2003
jho
Lives for gear

On the DUC's I saw where a digi support person said the massive pack comes on two iLoks, and the Sony and Waves are challenge/responses.

So depending on what is on what iLok you could sell one. I have all waves so I guess I'll be able to sell the waves....
Old 25th May 2003
Lives for gear
Ilok has planned some kind of possibility to transfer registrations between multiple keys online. But Lord knows when they will finally get this feature online. This would allow at least to transfer everything you want to sell on to one ilok.

Peter
Old 25th May 2003
jho
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by schmeete
Ilok has planned some kind of possibility to transfer registrations between multiple keys online. But Lord knows when they will finally get this feature online. This would allow at least to transfer everything you want to sell on to one ilok.

Peter
That will be the ticket

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search