The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone get any audioMIDI no-brainers lately?
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

Anyone get any audioMIDI no-brainers lately?

I bought...
Analog Trackbox on Thursday the 31st
BREVERB on Friday the 1st
XILS this morning (Monday the 4th).

I've yet to received any serial numbers yet on any of them. I emailed their support on Saturday, but haven't heard back yet. I do realize it's a holiday weekend, so maybe they are just behind and get to it early this week. But a number of weeks back I bought BlueVerb and had the serial# in approx. 5 hours.

Has anyone else bought some "no-brainer" plugs recently and had an unusually long time for them to send you your serial numbers?
Old 4th January 2010
Gear Maniac

usually it goes fast, but due to the success of certain no-brainer ops and the fact that they process everything "by hand" makes it sometimes last a bit longer. If you take in account limited staff problems due to the winter holidays, you're still on the bright side of things. Normally it shouldn't take more than four workdays (as stated on the website).
They're a honnest company, you'll get your serial numbers soon.
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasm_dtc View Post
usually it goes fast, but due to the success of certain no-brainer ops and the fact that they process everything "by hand" makes it sometimes last a bit longer. If you take in account limited staff problems due to the winter holidays, you're still on the bright side of things. Normally it shouldn't take more than four workdays (as stated on the website).
They're a honnest company, you'll get your serial numbers soon.
Thanks for the encouragement.

It is true that if I go by the 4-day thing, then technically, none of them is really behind schedule. The Analog Trackbox should show up today, and the rest can trickle in over the course of the week and not be "late".

Just eager to get up and running, especially to mess around with XILS and BREVERB.

Thanks again for the post.
Old 4th January 2010
Gear Maniac

XILS is the BOMB!! one of the best soft-synths i've ever heard, it sounds so incredibly naturl and warm. You'll have a lot of fun with that!
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasm_dtc View Post
XILS is the BOMB!! one of the best soft-synths i've ever heard, it sounds so incredibly naturl and warm. You'll have a lot of fun with that!
I was watching some videos on YouTube of it, and if it turns out half as cool as I think it is, and if it turns out to be an inspiring tool, I can already see myself dropping the $99 for the upgrade to the full version.
Old 4th January 2010
RiF
Lives for gear

I bought:
- Breverb audioMidi for $4.99
- Analog TrackBox for $15
Not that these are bad in any way, but I really don't need (or use) a third channel strip (I have Channel-G and Waves SSL and a ****load of UAD plugins already) nor does Breverb do anything that my goto-reverb CSR doesn't do already.

I've learned my lesson: Spend more money on burgers and less on redundant plugins.
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
I bought:
- Breverb audioMidi for $4.99
- Analog TrackBox for $15
Not that these are bad in any way, but I really don't need (or use) a third channel strip (I have Channel-G and Waves SSL and a ****load of UAD plugins already) nor does Breverb do anything that my goto-reverb CSR doesn't do already.

I've learned my lesson: Spend more money on burgers and less on redundant plugins.
My gearlust can't resist a bargain I guess. I don't own any channelstrip plug at all though, so maybe I'lll find some usage for Trackbox. Also don't own CSR, so maybe I'll get some good usage out of BREVERB.
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

I also got those and had no problems to receive the serials... wait a few days for it !
Old 4th January 2010
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiltrip View Post
My gearlust can't resist a bargain I guess. I don't own any channelstrip plug at all though, so maybe I'lll find some usage for Trackbox. Also don't own CSR, so maybe I'll get some good usage out of BREVERB.
Then these two are for you! I could imagine doing whole mixes just with Trackbox and Breverb audioMIDI if I had to.
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

Just got the serial for XILS, then 15 minutes later got the serial for BREVERB. Have yet to get the serial though for Analog Trackbox, the one I bought last Thursday. they must be working backwards, finishing the most recent orders first.

EDIT: Just got 'em all. Can't wait to get home to get my new plugs running!
Old 4th January 2010
Gear Addict

Trackbox rocks! Breverb is also sweet! Cheep!
Old 5th January 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
Man, If I lived in Germany, I'd be spending it on bratwurstheh
Old 5th January 2010
Lives for gear

Got them all... yeah, even the Nomads and Mutator.

$90 for 7 plug-ins is a great deal!

It kinda reminds me of collecting Hot Wheels...
Old 9th February 2010
Amplitube Live for $15 just went up!
Old 14th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomidijace View Post
Amplitube Live for $15 just went up!
Yeah, I'm tempted to pick this up. I'm a sucker for cheap guitar plugins.
I already have Waves GTR3 (great for heavy rock rhythm guitars), and Pod Farm (the $99 one they gave away free a few months back, which has a lot of good lead guitar tones). But it can never hurt to have even more amp sounds, especially for $15. And these amp sims tend to sound their best when you stack different ones up and layer them. They fill in for each other and hide some of their inherent weaknesses.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search