The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
installing SCSI HD and carrier/frames
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

installing SCSI HD and carrier/frames

When I was finalizing my Genex GX9000 purchase, finances dictated that I purchase the recorder without drives installed in either bay. I knew that the 2 hard drives and the 2 Kingston carrier/frames would be cheaper from some online discounter. And I figured that I could get started with just one hard drive and add the second as finances allowed. Then I get really lucky and purchased both carrier/frame sets for little more than postage from a liquidator (new in unopened original packaging) So now I only need to purchase the two Seagate Cheetah 15k.3 drives and then install the drives and carrier/frames iinto the recorder bays.

How simple or difficult will this task be? Is it something that can easily be done by anyone who can read and follow instructions? Or is this a job for some pro help?

Any digital audio service techs in LA that specialize in helping setup new systems? Somebody who can be hired for a couple of hours of tech support? (if its necessary....)

Thanks.

Steve
[email protected]
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

Its cake Steve...

All you have to do is connect a couple cables and screw in a couple screws. I've purchased all of my frames and carriers on Ebay where you can usually find them for a fraction of what they cost new (I find them for $20 usually for the set!). If you need instructions, Storcase has them on the web. If you get a carrier without hardware, call up Storcase and they will send you whatever you need for free. I have had them send me screws, cables, jumpers, keys, etc... and they have never charged for any of it.

If you want a PDF of the instructions sent to you, I probably have it here.

--Ben
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear