The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
112dB Redline Preamp
Old 24th January 2010
  #61
Gear nut
 
dj! (112dB)'s Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi View Post
Congrats on the new plug!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Does this plug have Control Surface support for the Digi 002?
This is smt we're painfully aware of and that you really shd hassle us about--errr, which means the answer, unfortunately, is "no". But the goods news is that page table support is very near the top of my list of priorities for all next Redline maintenance updates, together with proper x64 versions. (Although as a PT user you probably couldn't care less about the latter, hehe.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythinglouder
Well I think the same applies to a plug like Redline Preamp. You could saturate first in the chain so that your EQ / compression decisions are influenced by the saturation effect, or you could get your tracks 90% there with EQ / compression first, then polish off that extra 10% with some careful saturation afterward.
Yup--if it sounds good it *is* good! To emulate a console you shd probably put Preamp first on every channel, whereas for analog summing last would be a better place. But I doubt the difference is going to blow you away really. At the risk of sounding sloppy, anywhere in the channel chain shd get you close to analogue territory.

-- dj!
Old 24th January 2010
  #62
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj! (112dB) View Post
Thanks!

This is smt we're painfully aware of and that you really shd hassle us about--errr
Hi dj,

LOVE the new plugin.

I was wondering if the control surface support for the 002 overlaps with support for Novation's Automap.
Automap used to work (with your reverb) a few versions ago but neither the preamp or reverb work with the most recent versions.
I notice some others have pointed this out on your forum but was wondering whether it's something Novation would have to fix or you're looking into.

Ta

Al
Old 25th January 2010
  #63
are there any "console" or "analog summing" presets?
Old 25th January 2010
  #64
Lives for gear
 

any "fairy dust" presets also ?
Old 25th January 2010
  #65
Gear Maniac
 
David Robinson's Avatar
 

hi.
thanks redline for the demo.
so far, listening at very low volumes thru very large studio monitors, i'm very impressed.
hr.
Old 25th January 2010
  #66
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyc View Post
any "fairy dust" presets also ?

you must be using the "prick" preset
Old 25th January 2010
  #67
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiv_Exchange View Post
you must be using the "prick" preset
and your looking for the "lazy" preset i take it

you know you can download the demo and check the presets yourself !!!!

Old 25th January 2010
  #68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyc View Post
and your looking for the "lazy" preset i take it

you know you can download the demo and check the presets yourself !!!!


My macbook is being repaired and in the meantime I've been using my iPhone. fuuck
Old 25th January 2010
  #69
Gear addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash View Post


Hi guys,

Here is a NEW plugin from 112dB... Redline Preamp !

I'm currently beta-testing it, and believe me, it's gonna make lot of you happy. There is real "mojo" into it !

Coming january 8th, 2010. Stay tuned...

112dB
and how it works with PT HD on mac?
  • The eq was great but unusable due to Latency!
  • Like the sound , but did they fix that????
Old 25th January 2010
  #70
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiv_Exchange View Post
My macbook is being repaired and in the meantime I've been using my iPhone. fuuck
sorry for not noticing, i am unable to tell macbook posts from iphone ones fuuck

but on your iphone, google "analog summing" and then tell me whether you think one plugin VST on one channel inside a computer can do it
Old 25th January 2010
  #71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyc View Post
sorry for not noticing, i am unable to tell macbook posts from iphone ones fuuck

but on your iphone, google "analog summing" and then tell me whether you think one plugin VST on one channel inside a computer can do it
Oh yes, because I explicitly stated that I believe that a plugin VST on one channel inside a computer can do analog summing. thumbsup

Face it man, you were being a prick. I was simply asking a question and you needlessly replied with a sarcastic comment to insult me.

Anyways, I look forward to demoing this plug ASAP.
Old 25th January 2010
  #72
Gear Addict
 
Dom & Roland's Avatar
 

I like the "prick" preset. And i would also like to know if fairy dust exists?
Old 25th January 2010
  #73
Lives for gear
 
digital 1010's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom & Roland View Post
I like the "prick" preset. And i would also like to know if fairy dust exists?
The prick preset does wonders for stabbing a hole in the mix
Old 25th January 2010
  #74
Gear nut
 
dj! (112dB)'s Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post
LOVE the new plugin.
And I LOVE comments like that! --thanks!

Quote:
I was wondering if the control surface support for the 002 overlaps with support for Novation's Automap.
Automap used to work (with your reverb) a few versions ago but neither the preamp or reverb work with the most recent versions.
I notice some others have pointed this out on your forum but was wondering whether it's something Novation would have to fix or you're looking into.
That discussion on our forum turned out to be based on a misunderstanding. The Automap Support SDK that was being referred to turned out to be for *host* developers wishing to integrate Automap support. For plugins Automap shd work out of the box so this issue needs to be taken up with Novation. (I'm not saying it couldn't be a mistake on our end but it's something that Novation will have to troubleshoot.) I'll see if I can contact them about this.

-- dj!
Old 25th January 2010
  #75
Gear nut
 
dj! (112dB)'s Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
and how it works with PT HD on mac?
  • The eq was great but unusable due to Latency!
  • Like the sound , but did they fix that???
If you're referring to the latency compensation being off, that was fixed in the recent 1.03 maintenance update.

In contrast, Redline Preamp has zero latency so you definitely shdn't be running into latency problems with it.

-- dj!
Old 25th January 2010
  #76
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj! (112dB) View Post
(I'm not saying it couldn't be a mistake on our end but it's something that Novation will have to troubleshoot.) I'll see if I can contact them about this.
Thanks dj,

I'm going to drop them an email as well.

Al
Old 26th January 2010
  #77
Lives for gear
 
AMIEL's Avatar
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
and how it works with PT HD on mac?
  • The eq was great but unusable due to Latency!
  • Like the sound , but did they fix that????
I could never even check the Reverb demo ..PT HD crashed always...that was many months ago... but never was able to check it..

Tried the EQ..sounded nice ..but also experienced latency.

Today I downloaded Preamp.....inserted on a track..Pro Tools HD8 Crashed!

Tried to download the demo for the reverb..I could not..you can not check more than 2 plug ins.(demos) at a time.

anyway..I am not having luck....what should i do?

and forgot how to authorized the demo...but anyway..as I said..Preamp Crashed Pro Tools...
Old 26th January 2010
  #78
Lives for gear
 
Fidelis's Avatar
 

I installed the demo on my PT HD 3 acell 8.0.3 and it's working great. No problems at all. Mac Pro 8-core Mac OS 10.5.8.
Old 27th January 2010
  #79
Just tried the demo. Althought it has something to it, i still prefer Wavearts Tubesaturator becouse it seems to bring things more upfront when used in the 2buss. I think i need to spend some more time with it.
Old 27th January 2010
  #80
Gear addict
 
7thangelz's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto_larski View Post
Just tried the demo. Althought it has something to it, i still prefer Wavearts Tubesaturator becouse it seems to bring things more upfront when used in the 2buss. I think i need to spend some more time with it.
try driving the inputs by using something like free g or some other gain plug so your hitting it hard, see what the results will be (if you haven't tried that already).
Old 2nd February 2010
  #81
Gear Nut
 
olmanbenny's Avatar
 

Redline Preamp

Can't wait to get the Redline Preamp...if it's of the same pedigree as the Redline Reverb, I'll be loving it.
Old 27th February 2010
  #82
Gear Head
 

so is the 112dB redline preamp a preamp in the traditional mic preamp? or is it not a mic preamp? and how much gain does it have?
Old 2nd March 2010
  #83
Gear Nut
 
olmanbenny's Avatar
 

And now that I have it, the Redline Preamp is pretty nice little color piece. I've been enjoying using for makeup gain on voice and guitar. I think the various tube EQ shelves are a nice touch. It really can add just the right amount of grit at the right frequencies to a signal to make it pop out or blend, whichever you prefer. Really love it for enhancing "air" of a vocal.
Thumbs up, Redline!
Old 3rd March 2010
  #84
Gear Addict
 

Hey dj! (112dB), do you plan to release x64 version of Preamp?
Old 5th March 2010
  #85
Gear nut
 
dj! (112dB)'s Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methull View Post
Hey dj! (112dB), do you plan to release x64 version of Preamp?
Yes, definitely! For Windows an x64 version is 95% there and shdn't be long. Unfortunately the OS X version will take quite some time since the entire GUI code needs to be rewritten from scratch--thanks Apple!

Take care,

-- dj!
Old 5th March 2010
  #86
.T.
Gear addict
 
.T.'s Avatar
 

Keen for more feedback from people using this.

Anyone who owns this and similar tube/tape products, please chime in with thoughts (I own Nebula with a bunch of the tube/tape stuff and I'm curious as to how this stacks up against it, I'm on the fence).

And yes, I will be trying the demo, before anyone jumps on me.
Old 12th March 2010
  #87
Gear Head
 
kac123ige's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj! (112dB) View Post
Yes, definitely! For Windows an x64 version is 95% there and shdn't be long. Unfortunately the OS X version will take quite some time since the entire GUI code needs to be rewritten from scratch--thanks Apple!

Take care,

-- dj!
eww thats not a good thing lolz( i code c++ so i feel ur pain -_- )

but i plan on testing these plugins out =]
Old 14th March 2010
  #88
Gear Nut
 
olmanbenny's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thangelz View Post
try driving the inputs by using something like free g or some other gain plug so your hitting it hard, see what the results will be (if you haven't tried that already).
Just tried this. Works much better!thumbsup
Old 15th March 2010
  #89
Lives for gear
 
screentan's Avatar
 

I'm very interested in getting a Chandler Germanium mic pre. Would anything in this have anything similar or even a modelling based on that?
Old 15th March 2010
  #90
Gear Addict
 
Markus Stock's Avatar
 

I am demoing it right now and used it on a mix I was doing. Impressing stuff, really! Can be dialed in subtle and delicate or flat out distorted and agressive. The Presets are really nice as well. I am really eager to compare it to Slates VCC once it is out, but so far it's a winner and I am liking it as much as Tapehead and Colourtone Pro, whilst it is really CPU friendly and installed and worked like a charm on my PT HD rig. A definite
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 
 
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Killah_Trakz / Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production
2
Fishmac / Product Alerts older than 2 months
87
cooker / Mastering forum
5
K-Slash / Product Alerts older than 2 months
12
JustinAiken / International Music Software Trade Association Q & A
15

Forum Jump