Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
MC Control not connecting after 2.1 update?
Old 27th November 2009
Lives for gear

MC Control not connecting after 2.1 update?

Hi Guys,

Using an MC Control from Euphonix, with Eucon running on a mac but connecting to a PC workstation with Nuendo.
Yesterday eucon mentioned an update was available which I downloaded and installed...since then it won't connect to my PC workstation anymore (or at least not to Nuendo)..anyone got any ideas?

Old 28th November 2009
Gear Nut

hey i have similar problems.

i see my devices and can connect them to my pc but when i start cubase my devices stay calm and wont react to cubase.
the place where the app is listed stays also black after showing "dwm" for about 2 seconds.

i never managed to get it to work with nuendo, since when i copy the eucontrol.dll to the nuendo components i get the error "wrong component" or something...

i emailed euphonix about this problem, but no answer as usally...

i still dunno if it is the eucon update or maybe the firmware update i did on both my devices.

did you manage to get it to work again ???
i noticed that i will work locally on my mac, but wont work over ethernet with my 2nd mac too...
Old 28th November 2009
Gear Nut

Roll back to EuControl 2.0.3. 2.1 is not compatible with the current PC client.
Old 29th November 2009
Gear Nut

but the question is , since i updated also both firmwares which where delivered parallel to the software if that also may block the functionality with 2.03 now.
i cant downgrade the firmware...

Old 30th November 2009
Gear Nut

replay from euphonix support:

a little hope at least!

The configuration you are running is not an officially supported setup. While it provides a workable environment for many users, we do not support it.

EuControl v2.1.0 uses a much newer version of EuCon than the PC workstation installer currently available on the MC Pro. We are working on a 2.0 release for the MC Pro. This should provide a better solution to your setup.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search