The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stupid Waves downloading process
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Stupid Waves downloading process

Need to install RenMaxx Bundle version 6.x for Mac. The only download link was for Waves Complete with 1.09GB size. So I started to download more than 1GB to install my several MBs bundle. Waves server was very slow, I got about 70-80kb/s and my download took more than 3,5 hours. After executing of downloaded dmg file I got an error message about invalid checksum so this disk image could not be opened.

Big thanx Waves !!!!!
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

after ignoring previous message and mounting the image I got the next error directly from installation utility. "there is a problem to install pdf manual and this error is preventing the installation from completing"....
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear
Stop buying them then. I did.

Update improvements have been quite feeble in my opinion.

Waves will only respond with better service when users let them know with their money - going to other code writers.
Old 20th November 2009
Waves' servers suck big time unfortunately.

When trying to download the full package it usually stalls at some point. Tried for 2 weeks on two different 20 Mbit+ connections and still no luck.

I've lost count of the times I've had to contact my dealer to deliver the Waves plug-ins on a hard disk instead of downloading them.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

i thought that with the 'online installation' you could install individual plugins or bundles. no?
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcpl View Post
i thought that with the 'online installation' you could install individual plugins or bundles. no?
online is the same as offline, first the installator download complete 1.09 package

the only question is WHY waves decided to choose this ANTICUSTOMER concept...
Old 21st November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by piano View Post
Stop buying them then. I did.

Update improvements have been quite feeble in my opinion.

Waves will only respond with better service when users let them know with their money - going to other code writers.
silly reason to stop using a company, but I agree the new download system is very frustrating. One thing digidesign must have got right in the eyes of everyone - their downloader is everything the waves one isn't - pauseable, resumable etc.
Old 21st November 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
The only download link was for Waves Complete with 1.09GB size.
...which is clearly NOT true. Under Waves 6 downloads, you can get WOLI (Waves Online Installer), which is loaded within a few seconds (just did this to verify). WOLI offers you the option to ONLY install Renaissance Maxx in Version 6, approx. file size 196 MB. There is no need to download Waves Complete!

The answers here are mostly aimed against Waves without anybody checking back. This is pretty unprofessional.
Attached Thumbnails
Stupid Waves downloading process-woli.jpg  
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicUser View Post
...which is clearly NOT true. Under Waves 6 downloads, you can get WOLI (Waves Online Installer), which is loaded within a few seconds (just did this to verify). WOLI offers you the option to ONLY install Renaissance Maxx in Version 6, approx. file size 196 MB. There is no need to download Waves Complete!

The answers here are mostly aimed against Waves without anybody checking back. This is pretty unprofessional.
I used online installation with selected CLA bundle and after 2 hours of installation there was 1.09GB file downloaded on my disk during installation
Old 23rd November 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
I used online installation with selected CLA bundle and after 2 hours of installation there was 1.09GB file downloaded on my disk during installation
Errr... okay? First you wanted to download Ren Maxx and complained about 1.0 GB (which is clearly not downloaded by WOLI, I have checked this over the weekend).

Now you are talking about CLA? Hmmm....
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicUser View Post
Errr... okay? First you wanted to download Ren Maxx and complained about 1.0 GB (which is clearly not downloaded by WOLI, I have checked this over the weekend).

Now you are talking about CLA? Hmmm....
I have CLA and RenMaxx bundle. 2 weeks ago I installed only CLA (renmaxx was already installed using old waves install method from the far past) and both online and offline methods downloaded whole complete 1.09 GB bundle to my disc. this week I have changed from 10.5.x to 10.6.x (clean installation) and needed to install only RenMaxx. after disk formatting I lost that installation file I had from the CLA installation. after my experience with CLA installation I decided to download offline installer and wrote this thread.
Yesterday I check the WOLI installation again because of your comment and it is working. Do not know where the problem was with CLA installation in the past but that was my experience. I do not know about any fault on my side. Now everything is working and this thread can be deleted
Old 23rd November 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yesterday I check the WOLI installation again because of your comment and it is working.
Thank you! I have just checked back with CLA to be sure and it displays approx. 78 MB to download. Very strange that it did not work for you in the first place...
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear