The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How do I know what version of Waves I am downloading?
Old 19th November 2009
How do I know what version of Waves I am downloading?

Waves 7 is out, and I see that for my $250 upgrade I get "bug fixes" and "snow leopard compatibility" and a couple of extra EQs I don't need... well it all seems to be working OK anyway in Snow Leopard so I'd rather just stick with v6 for now.

The thing is, I'd like to be on the latest version of v6, but I can't find what it is (I have 6.0.2). It's nowhere on the Waves site, and even if I download the installer, it just tells me that it is "v6". Is it 6.0.2, 6.0.3 ... ?

Does anyone know what version of v6 you are getting when you download it from the Waves site? And is there a release history anywhere?
Old 19th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skills View Post
Waves 7 is out, and I see that for my $250 upgrade I get "bug fixes" and "snow leopard compatibility" and a couple of extra EQs I don't need... well it all seems to be working OK anyway in Snow Leopard so I'd rather just stick with v6 for now.

The thing is, I'd like to be on the latest version of v6, but I can't find what it is (I have 6.0.2). It's nowhere on the Waves site, and even if I download the installer, it just tells me that it is "v6". Is it 6.0.2, 6.0.3 ... ?

Does anyone know what version of v6 you are getting when you download it from the Waves site? And is there a release history anywhere?
you'll probably be downloading 6.0.3. If you've got a v6 authorisation, you *should* be able to update this to the latest version - it'll involve an iLok surrender. I say should because I'm not sure of the out-of-WUP status of this.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

I downloaded version 6.05 yesterday
Old 19th November 2009
Deleted User
If you just hover over the file it will show R2, R3, R4, R5 etc. Thats the revision number or current version. R5 is 6.0.5

WAVES updates their installers to the current version. You can no longer download an individual POINT number if you will. The WAVESHELL gets updated on the installer itself
Old 20th November 2009
Thanks guys - in the end I actually downloaded and installed the whole thing just to see what it would say! It turns out it was up to 6.0.6 thumbsup

Still not sure what I'm meant to be losing in terms of "Snow Leopard compatability". I haven't used every plug-in of course but all the main ones seem to be fine so far. Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade for the WUP money unless you're really desperate for the Pultech EQs.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear