The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic 8 problem... please help!
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

Logic 8 problem... please help!

I must have hit a wrong key combination or something but whenever I try to delete or move a region it deletes that region along with the region at bar 9 on the same track... thats for instrument tracks. And when I try to edit audio like shortening the edge of the region it snaps the entire region to where the edge used to be... Its seems kind of like slip mode but really weird and I dont like working this way. If anyone knows what I might have done to get into this mode please let me know. This is super frustrating. I tried looking through the manual but that thing is like a whole collection of encyclopedias...
Old 19th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonkr View Post
I must have hit a wrong key combination or something but whenever I try to delete or move a region it deletes that region along with the region at bar 9 on the same track... thats for instrument tracks.
The region at bar 9 is probably an alias, not a real copy. Notice if the writing is in italics and there's a small arrow in front of the name. You make an alias by copying a region while holding down optiion+shift instead of simply holding down option while moving.

Double click the aliased region and turn it into a real copy or delete it and make a real copy.

Quote:
And when I try to edit audio like shortening the edge of the region it snaps the entire region to where the edge used to be... Its seems kind of like slip mode but really weird and I dont like working this way. If anyone knows what I might have done to get into this mode please let me know. This is super frustrating. I tried looking through the manual but that thing is like a whole collection of encyclopedias...
You've probably changed the Drag Mode.

Go back to "Drag Mode: Overlap" in the upper right corner of the screen, just below the toolbar. There's a dropdown menu that says Drag:. I'm guessing you're in Shuffle mode.

If you've messed around with settings and you can't get back to default then use the Logic Pro > Preferences > Intialize All Except Key Commands

You need to set up your preferences again after that though.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

Hey Lagerfeldt, thanks for the help... I actually didnt even have to do anything. When I closed the project and opened it back up it worked fine, lol. I checked the Drag box and it was set to overlap which is how I usually work. And I'm familiar with alias regions so I know it wasn't that. I've actually been using Logic for several years and its never acted like that so it kinda weirded me out

Anyways thatnks again for your suggestions and I'll just hope it doesnt happen again!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear