The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What has happened to Digidesign?
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Although the statement you were replying to was fairly silly - of course that's not the case.
I guess one silly response deserves another.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

ptle 7.3 here , and my new year is going to start with ptle 8..

i love my protools ..
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

you ever met an Avid employee or exec who cares about you other than getting paid? No soul to be proud of. Just another corporate job.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by surflounge View Post
you ever met an Avid employee or exec who cares about you other than getting paid? No soul to be proud of. Just another corporate job.
I've never met an Avid exec, so no. Have you?

Do you think the executives at Pepsi or AT&T or Honda care about the personal or financial well-being of anyone who uses their products? No, but they still offer viable products. Do I care about their personal or financial well-being? No. I, personally, don't rate products on the ethics or personalities of people who I will never meet.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by surflounge View Post
i'm sure the execs from your DAW developer come to your house every night and tuck you into bed...and give you a sweet little kiss...then sing you a lullaby?

and then they give you your money back and tell you they're not in it for the money?

marco
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcpl View Post
i'm sure the execs from your DAW developer come to your house every night and tuck you into bed...and give you a sweet little kiss...then sing you a lullaby?

and then they give you your money back and tell you they're not in it for the money?

marco
Image-line does that for all the people who actually pay for FL Studio and don't just bootleg it...
Cockos goes a step further for registered Reaper users and let's them choose where they want to be kissed....
Mark of the Unicorn sends assorted body spray gift baskets to DP users

On a serious note though... There was a company who, instead of packing their product in packing foam, would randomly use candy inside the boxes... Good good times... I can't for the life of me remember who did that though
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3altruth View Post
On a serious note though... There was a company who, instead of packing their product in packing foam, would randomly use candy inside the boxes... Good good times... I can't for the life of me remember who did that though
I bought my M-Powered system on eBay from one of the bigger online pro-audio stores in the US and got this treatment.

I remember being absolutely touched.
Old 19th November 2009
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
I have delay compensation in 7.3.1(HD) ???
Did digi remove it in 8? Are you talking about LE?
Yes, I am talking about LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati_Dred View Post
Not sure what you've got, but I run 96k (rarely) and 18 inputs (often) on my LE system.
My fault... even my 002R does 96K (not that I personally use that...). 18 inputs = 16 analog + 2 digital? I don't know how to get more inputs with a Digi 002 or Digi 003. BTW I miss 16+ BUSSES more than 16+ inputs.
Old 19th November 2009
Deleted 1a30a04
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3altruth View Post
Image-line does that for all the people who actually pay for FL Studio and don't just bootleg it...
Cockos goes a step further for registered Reaper users and let's them choose where they want to be kissed....
Mark of the Unicorn sends assorted body spray gift baskets to DP users

Sweetwater perhaps?

jeff
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
My fault... even my 002R does 96K (not that I personally use that...). 18 inputs = 16 analog + 2 digital? I don't know how to get more inputs with a Digi 002 or Digi 003. BTW I miss 16+ BUSSES more than 16+ inputs.
8 Analog I/O + 10 Digital I/O - That's on 002, 002r, 003, and 003r

I have 128 audio voices and 128 busses on my LE setup. Heck, my girlfriend runs 32 busses on her MBP with no toolkits. Sounds like you don't know the power of what you've got! PM me for any help on the subject. I'm very familiar with the above hardware and software. Cheers!
Old 19th November 2009
Deleted 1a30a04
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
I wouldn't want to run a native system with that many IOs, regardless of what it should be able to do. The only people who run that many io are film dubbing stages...and they mainly use protools!

Although the statement you were replying to was fairly silly - of course that's not the case.
*only* 160 i/o channels :-) We have 64 I/O's in the studio and have never
come close to maxing out...

I also agree that the more I/O channels you run, the more having the MIX
engine handle them in hardware become important .. especially
for realtime.

jeff
Closed
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear