The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New M-Audio Drivers
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

New M-Audio Drivers

FYI, M-Audio released a whole slew of new drivers on Saturday(!) 11/14/2009.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

thanks. i guess i missed the update info when i checked the beta forums over there.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

I just grabbed the FW driver for the Project Mix. Some display issues still but at least the faders clear when you close out a Pro tools session now. On the other hand the display has some glitches when using Logic now. I don't seem to remember having any whatsoever before.

I haven't had a chance to really test the audio yet but there is still only a minimum of 128 buffer in Pro Tools 8.01cs1
in 10.5.8 I use Logic way more now and never really had any issues with the last driver so I may jump back so I have a clean display in the PJ Mix. I guess when I move to Snow Leopard I'll have to use the 1.9.3 driver.

Maybe they'll release another fix at some point.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

thanks for the update Bro!
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Anyone know the diff between the 32 and 64bit versions of the driver for firewire devices on OSX 10.6.2? I use a Macbook 2.0Ghz with PT MP8.0.3
Txs.
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

I installed the Windows 7 driver for the FW 410. Soon after installation my computer did a memory dump (BSOD). The culprit was mafw.exe (presumably M-Audio FireWire). After restarting the machine I haven't had a problem since.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear