The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro tools to Logic!!
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Pro tools to Logic!!

Long time Logic User here. My singer has sent me her pro tools session and I need to bounce all 15 tracks. Luckily I have an mbox and protools LE knocking about. I want to bring all the tracks into Logic. I've stripped all the reverb and compression BUT:

Is there a quick way to bounce all the tracks at the same time separately like there is in Logic?

Thanks for any help
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

in the regions list you can export the regions. if you have edits on individual tracks that are made up of different regions, you can consolidate the regions and then export the individual regions. then you can import them all into logic one by one and build a new session.

N
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnajar View Post
in the regions list you can export the regions. if you have edits on individual tracks that are made up of different regions, you can consolidate the regions and then export the individual regions. then you can import them all into logic one by one and build a new session.

N
Cool.. will check it out. Thanks. There is no way to bounce all tracks at the same time then?
Old 19th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odey View Post
Cool.. will check it out. Thanks. There is no way to bounce all tracks at the same time then?
not as simply as logic. There's no reason not to consolidate and export, assuming you don't need any plugins or level automation.

if you do, then buss each one to a new audio track, and record them individually. this will work just fine (up to 32 tracks in one pass) assuming no send effects are needed.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
not as simply as logic. There's no reason not to consolidate and export, assuming you don't need any plugins or level automation.

if you do, then buss each one to a new audio track, and record them individually. this will work just fine (up to 32 tracks in one pass) assuming no send effects are needed.
Thanks.. i'll experiment tomorrow.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

You can select all of them and do a consolidation all at once. Then, look in PT's audio folder and use list view to see the newest audio files made and you'll see all of them. Then, just drag em over to your new project. Done.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey boy View Post
You can select all of them and do a consolidation all at once. Then, look in PT's audio folder and use list view to see the newest audio files made and you'll see all of them. Then, just drag em over to your new project. Done.
I'll try it in a few hours. But I need all the Audio files to start at the beginning of the track. The vocal parts are scattered around later in the track. So would I need to create silent sections? Might just end up bouncing each track individually

Thanks for all the help
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Agree with previous posting:

consolidate all individual tracks [using longest track(?) as start/end guide - this way all consolidated tracks are equal in length]
export all selected regions (newly created consolidated tracks)
build new session in Logic
import
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobson View Post
Agree with previous posting:

consolidate all individual tracks [using longest track(?) as start/end guide - this way all consolidated tracks are equal in length]
export all selected regions (newly created consolidated tracks)
build new session in Logic
import
She has been working to an MP3 bounce of my logic project. So I need to sync it from the top of the track. Not the top of the files. And then I am adding the vocal bounces to my existing logic project. I'll mess around with the regions and see what happens.

Thanks again for all the advice
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odey View Post
I'll try it in a few hours. But I need all the Audio files to start at the beginning of the track. The vocal parts are scattered around later in the track. So would I need to create silent sections? Might just end up bouncing each track individually

Thanks for all the help
Just select all the tracks you want to bounce in the edit window.

Left click and drag the mouse over all regions so they are highlighted to start and end at the same place. Then alt-shift-3 consolidates all tracks to new audio files starting and ending at the same time. This will add the silence to audio files which don't start until later in the song, ensuring that everything syncs up - you can strip later in logic if you want.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Apple A (select All)

Drag selection using timeline rule to start of track if not already selected by doing the above above.

Consolodate all Alt + shift + 3

Export all Apple + shift + K

This is equivalent to using the export all tracks as audio files process in Logic.

Job done.

Gareth
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfx View Post
Apple A (select All)

Drag selection using timeline rule to start of track if not already selected by doing the above above.

Consolodate all Alt + shift + 3

Export all Apple + shift + K

This is equivalent to using the export all tracks as audio files process in Logic.

Job done.

Gareth
Thanks guys.. Got it sorted.
Old 20th November 2009
Don't know if this was mentioned but if you extent the cursor beyond the region boundary and then consolidate PT will automatically add silence there so pick a start point, select the longest track, shift click the remaining tracks, consolidate and export . In logic youd be adding silence to each track to do the same.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylabfilmpop View Post
Don't know if this was mentioned but if you extent the cursor beyond the region boundary and then consolidate PT will automatically add silence there so pick a start point, select the longest track, shift click the remaining tracks, consolidate and export . In logic youd be adding silence to each track to do the same.
Thanks.. will keep it in mind for next timethumbsup
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
โ™พ๏ธ Similar Threads
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear