The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 2nd December 2009
OMU
Lives for gear

Yes, but it's the same guy that coded X-verb, and that is enough to stop any CSR related observations. At least for me.
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
<< Well.... this is not CSR, and has nothing in common with it. >>

Isn't the main guy that worked on this "mystery plug-in" credited for developing CSR just a few years prior?

At any rate.. I'll evaluate the demo and then form my opinion. But it does make me leery if the person had anything to do with CSR, and his ears deemed it was a good sounding verb.
CSR is already a few years old. I think it's fair to say that we should wait and find out for ourselfes. Even if CSR whas the worst reverb in the world, it would still not say anything about the upcoming 480 reverb.
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

I think Janet Jackson had the right perspective - "what have you done for me lately?"

X-Verb is what he did for us lately. Enough said.
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I think Janet Jackson had the right perspective - "what have you done for me lately?"

X-Verb is what he did for us lately. Enough said.
heh
Old 3rd December 2009
Lives for gear
If 'his reverbness' Casey from Bricasti himself says that they nailed the L480, then it's gotta be f***ing awesome.

Anyway I'll demo the mystery plug, the Lex plug and xverb and make my own decision, which might be: I buy 1, buy 2, buy all, buy none, buy HW instead
Old 7th December 2009
I got this email from Softube last week and had started to wonder if it was about the mystery Reverb...

Quote:
Softube has been around for more than six years now and yet, one may think, the first Softube product - Vintage Amp Room - saw the light just two and a half years ago. Why is that? Are the Softube guys slow or something?!

Well... There's something we haven't told you... We have been involved in a secret project the last four years. All we can say about it right now is that, come NAMM, a big (make that huge!) name in the industry will release a product that Softube has co-developed together with that company. Only six weeks to go now!!
But now Im not sure it makes sense given 1. The release date and 2. the fact that although experienced it might not be said that Relab are 'huge' as a company...
Old 7th December 2009
Shy
Lives for gear

Yeah, can't be related. The Relab one will be released before the end of the year, and the Lexicon one is already released . So that leaves.. maybe a huge name in another field of digital audio processors, or hardware amps, or who knows.
Old 7th December 2009
Lives for gear

Well, maybe Softube has been working together with Behringer:

Softube:

Quote:
Well... There's something we haven't told you... We have been involved in a secret project the last four years. All we can say about it right now is that, come NAMM, a big (make that huge!) name in the industry will release a product that Softube has co-developed together with that company.
Behringer:

Quote:
Anyhow, let's talk about what's coming up for BEHRINGER at NAMM 2010, without giving away TOO much:

We have a A MONSTROUS announcement that will be the biggest surprise disclosure in BEHRINGER's history. It will be more surprising than the endings to "The Crying Game" and "The 6th Sense" combined.
So Softube is doing a virtual Composer! stike

I can't wait...... will the virtual version be true to the original?
Old 7th December 2009
Gear Nut

Manley maybe?
Old 7th December 2009
Lives for gear

Manley has a contract with UA, i think its exclusive and it wont take 4 years for sure, Behringer is not in the pro league. I hope it's a co-op with Eventide.
Old 7th December 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
Manley has a contract with UA, i think its exclusive and it wont take 4 years for sure, Behringer is not in the pro league. I hope it's a co-op with Eventide.
It's not...
Old 7th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
It's not...
Here we go again....time to get my sherlock on
Old 7th December 2009
Shy
Lives for gear

Heh, looks like this thread could turn into the official mystery plugins thread.
Old 7th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
It's not...
Manleys contract is not exclusive? Behringer is not in the pro league? Eventide is not doing a co-op? Which is it Tony? I can't stand the suspense!!!
Old 7th December 2009
Shy
Lives for gear

He meant it's not a co-op with Eventide.
Old 7th December 2009
Lives for gear

Hmm.. seems like 4 years is a long time for ONE plug-in so I'll guess it's a new line of processor plug-ins or a new DAW. And the guy stated that it was 'one of the biggest names in the Industry' which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with 'pro'.

Seeing as many companies will be making 'huge announcements' during NAMM the behringer connection is not really anything unusual. But Behringer may indeed be the partner as they seem to try anything-anytime.

I would not be surprised if it was TC Electronic as they already have the Vintage Amp Room & CL1B plug's from ST in the Powercore range. TCE have said they'll be releasing lots of new plug's early in 2010.
Old 7th December 2009
Lives for gear

dfegadBehringer Tape-saturation plugin! LOL!dfegad
Old 7th December 2009
What? Behringer is now reverse-engineering code? Protools for $100 without any hardware DSP?
Old 7th December 2009
Lives for gear

Maybe Behringer will release a new range of hardware rack processors that are based on software clones of big name gear along the lines of Focusrite with the Liquid Mix / Liquid Channel or UAD1/2 plugins.

Or the will have some new Softube plugin bundled with EnergyXT.... but that sounds unlikely to take 4 years.

But what is Softubes strong points? Amp simulators and compressors and EQ. I have a hard time imagining they would release a softsynth, for example.

Or maybe Behringer will bring out a VA based synth or a real analog....
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

so it's a totally new product, not a license or a clone, am i right, Tony?
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

I suspect that it may be something together with TC !

For the new PowerCore v4.0, they modeled and coded all the vintage plugins maybe ?!

Well, I don't know.
Old 8th December 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
I think maybe they will announce they are going out of business? heh
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
I can see you're wetting yourself with excitement...
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Behringer finally did it! They "cloned" a Studer A827!!! Brand new 24 track tape machine for $199!!!
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

How many pages about -- nothing.

Thinking about it, Seinfeld was the self-proclaimed show about nothing and went on to be one of the most watched, biggest money-making television series of all time.

My conclusion: NOTHING SELLS!

Old 8th December 2009
Deleted User
Behringer just bought Midas and Klark Teknik.

MUSIC Group - www.music-group.net
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelmarques View Post

Now that's Fu*ked up
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelmarques View Post

Bring it on!
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Enough abt that silly stuff......What abt the relab plugin......
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear
Strange, it's the time of reverb plugs, but we don't know much about the Relab one and there is still no demo of the Lexicon one ...
Maybe it's time for Casey to release the Bricasti M8 1.0 plug lightning fast heh
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search