The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 28th November 2009
Lives for gear

So no RMX plug?!
Old 28th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
And it gets worse. If Israel is in Europe then so are Syria and Lebanon!

LOL heh

*slightly worried checking Google maps, just to be sure*
Old 30th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
And it gets worse. If Israel is in Europe then so are Syria and Lebanon!

NOOOOOOOOO!

so by the end of the month we can demo this baby? nice.
whilst were waiting though, i vote to amend the name and add in a PRO somehwere - WE ARE PRO's, and it should be written on everything we own... EVERYTHING!

Thanks!
Old 30th November 2009
some preliminary info has been sent out by Tony Belmont plugindiscounts.com. However merely confirmation of what has been speculated thus far...
Old 1st December 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
some preliminary info has been sent out by Tony Belmont plugindiscounts.com. However merely confirmation of what has been speculated thus far...
As many of you have already figured out... Yes, it's an emulation of the famous V4.1 "480L" reverb. This plugin is still in the beta stages, and has been internally code-named "LX480". It is being coded by the folks at Relab, who have been responsible for coding many other reverbs for various manufacturers over the last decade. This particular plugin is the culmination of a very lengthy and tedious modeling process. It will be available in all of the popular native formats, and we expect it to be available before the end of December.

Pricing information and other details will be announced soon.
Old 1st December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusRant View Post
So no RMX plug?!
Why not? The Relab site has two greyed out images, one is the 480 and the other looks like an AMS. Since Warp hasn't released the 480, and it's greyed out, wouldn't it be logical to think the other greyed out image also represents a unreleased plugin?
Old 1st December 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken View Post
wouldn't it be logical to think the other greyed out image also represents a unreleased plugin?
Old 1st December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
It has been publicly announced on this forum that Relab helped out with the RMX emulations that will be in future ROM versions of the Bricasti M7:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/4737964-post33.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken View Post
Why not? The Relab site has two greyed out images, one is the 480 and the other looks like an AMS. Since Warp hasn't released the 480, and it's greyed out, wouldn't it be logical to think the other greyed out image also represents a unreleased plugin?
, Time will tell I guess!!
Old 1st December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasprouch View Post
NOOOOOOOOO!

so by the end of the month we can demo this baby? nice.
whilst were waiting though, i vote to amend the name and add in a PRO somehwere - WE ARE PRO's, and it should be written on everything we own... EVERYTHING!

Thanks!
.. maybe you should also remove the 'ouch' from your nick and replace it with an 'o' and the hyphenate it to Kas-pro... has a certain ring to it I think.
Not saying you're a pain or anything... ;P
Old 1st December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
As many of you have already figured out... Yes, it's an emulation of the famous V4.1 "480L" reverb. This plugin is still in the beta stages, and has been internally code-named "LX480". It is being coded by the folks at Relab, who have been responsible for coding many other reverbs for various manufacturers over the last decade. .
Wow, gotta get my credit card ready! Seems like I'm spending more money this year on plugins than I have in previous years.....
Old 1st December 2009
my credit card is quivering like a teenage girl at a Robert Pattinson junket...
Old 1st December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Pricing information and other details will be announced soon.
hmmm, How soon?
Old 1st December 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
This plugin is still in the beta stages
Don't suppose he needs any more beta testers
Old 1st December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Why would he do that and make a direct competitor to X-Verb? Maybe though, 1 is native, 1 is not.
My curiosity is triggered for sure. With X-verbs lexicon sound I wonder if this 480plug is a native port & what the differences may be? With X-verb being as flexible as it is I have a feeling I'm going to prefer X-verb. But if one was looking for an exact 480 feature set in a plug-in format, I'm sure this will be the goto tool..
Old 1st December 2009
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythminmind View Post
My curiosity is triggered for sure. With X-verbs lexicon sound I wonder if this 480plug is a native port & what the differences may be? With X-verb being as flexible as it is I have a feeling I'm going to prefer X-verb. But if one was looking for an exact 480 feature set in a plug-in format, I'm sure this will be the goto tool..
It's not a "port". The developer has no access to the original 480L algorithms. It's an emulation. As for this vs X-Verb, if it actually sounds like a 480L, there's no comparison sound-wise, not just feature-wise.
Old 1st December 2009
Lives for gear

I was questioning if it's an X-verb port. I have access to most classic & modern Lex, TC, & Quantec verbs. X-verb is very usable & on par with the others. Is it the same? No. At the same time I can't say it's worse. Unless one only uses presets & never touches parameters it's hard to pick a "best" of the best".
Example -
Just last week I was using the TDM VSS3 & the hardware 6000 VSS3 side by side via digital I/O. The same preset parameters sound different No question. After tweaking I nor the other mixer could pick a "better". Same goes for the X-verb & our 480L's & 300's. But I can say X-verb doesn't have the sporadic noise from the aging/dieing analog I/O on one of the 480's. Guess what verb one that battle that day. Beat having to hook up a LFI-10 as a work around.
This is why i'm wondering if this 480L plug will have anything on X-verb. Will be interesting to see.
Old 1st December 2009
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythminmind View Post
But I can say X-verb doesn't have the sporadic noise from the aging/dieing analog I/O on one of the 480's. Guess what verb one that battle that day.
Purely because it had no noise? Very acceptable reason. I'd most likely prefer a 480 with digital I/O over it, for any reverb task. Therefore, to me, a plugin with the same sound would also be preferable.
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ssa View Post
.. maybe you should also remove the 'ouch' from your nick and replace it with an 'o' and the hyphenate it to Kas-pro... has a certain ring to it I think.
Not saying you're a pain or anything... ;P
how about Kas-Da-Pro?

should gain me some credibility with the hiphop crowd as well. no?
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
how about Kas-Da-Pro?

should gain me some credibility with the hiphop crowd as well. no?
Nah.. KasPro ( or maybe KazPoh etc) has a more direct feel to it... WGAS what da HHC finks anyway?
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nah.. KasPro ( or maybe KazPoh etc) has a more direct feel to it... WGAS what da HHC finks anyway?
i like your style Bossa... when i need advice for a makeover i know where to come a knockin'

now if only they wouldnt announce these damn plugs 3yrs in advance...
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
i like your style Bossa... when i need advice for a makeover i know where to come a knockin'

Yeah, it's obviously been announced to put the brakes on anyone thinking of rushing out and buying the Lex plugs... and the free Native TC plug was probably released too for the same reason.
Old 2nd December 2009

Quote:
It's less than a month away.
Old 2nd December 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Yeah, it's obviously been announced to put the brakes on anyone thinking of rushing out and buying the Lex plugs... and the free Native TC plug was probably released too for the same reason.
hmmm Let's see. I can get the "real" Lex sound in a plugin by Lexicon themselves or I can get a yet to be determined "emulation" of the Lex sound by some other company. Hard choice.
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
hmmm Let's see. I can get the "real" Lex sound in a plugin by Lexicon themselves or I can get a yet to be determined "emulation" of the Lex sound by some other company. Hard choice.
One plugin is going after the 480 sound specifically, and the other is made by the same company which made the 480 but is NOT meant to be a 480. I'd say the question is, "which sound do I want," but not, "which company do I want." Both have proven themselves as great reverb developers.
Old 2nd December 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
One plugin is going after the 480 sound specifically, and the other is made by the same company which made the 480 but is NOT meant to be a 480. I'd say the question is, "which sound do I want," but not, "which company do I want." Both have proven themselves as great reverb developers.
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
That depends on your budget... bear in mind that many people are living on the streets these days. I haven't seen anyone running a recording studio from the gutter yet but I'm sure someone is living out of a van somewhere and making great music.
Old 2nd December 2009
Gear Addict

<< Both have proven themselves as great reverb developers. >>

If CSR is any indication of Relab's work stay far away. CSR is a crappy reverb. I'd rather use D-Verb or my SPX90. To compare it to Lexicon is laughable.
Old 2nd December 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
CSR is a crappy reverb.
Well.... this is not CSR, and has nothing in common with it.
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
<< Both have proven themselves as great reverb developers. >>

If CSR is any indication of Relab's work stay far away. CSR is a crappy reverb. I'd rather use D-Verb or my SPX90. To compare it to Lexicon is laughable.
X-Verb is a fantastic reverb... I can't imagine many reverbs being better frankly.
Old 2nd December 2009
Gear Addict

<< Well.... this is not CSR, and has nothing in common with it. >>

Isn't the main guy that worked on this "mystery plug-in" credited for developing CSR just a few years prior?

At any rate.. I'll evaluate the demo and then form my opinion. But it does make me leery if the person had anything to do with CSR, and his ears deemed it was a good sounding verb.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search