The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop View Post
Wait...does IK have dsp and ilok?!!?!?!
LOL! got it!
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearteh View Post
is it true that he's doing an emulation of rmx-16? or is it just speculations? it would be so nice if he nails the ambience on that one.
on the relab site there is a tiny pic of a gui, which looks just like a rmx-16...
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYBEEETSSS View Post
Tony is THIS what ur tryin to say?

Personally I don't think its IK multimedia. They use that red because its in their logo I guess.
But as far as they go, I'm not sure if this is a product they would do. It might be too high end for them I think.
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainy-taxi View Post
Personally I don't think its IK multimedia. They use that red because its in their logo I guess.
But as far as they go, I'm not sure if this is a product they would do. It might be too high end for them I think.
dude, it's already figured out...
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Relab may well be creating these reverbs for TC Electronic. They have CSR & X-Verb listed (which are other companies 'products') so why not have the 480 shown as well. TC also mentioned only a couple of days ago that many new plug's were about to be released in the new year. Are Relab about to start releasing their own line?

TC have just released the m30 freebie (which is part of Classic Verb I believe) and even though the GUI is different to the 480 it is still a native plug-in. The developer of 'some' TC Verbs was relab wasn't it?

Seems like we're in for a storm of reverbs over the coming months.
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ssa View Post
Relab may well be creating these reverbs for TC Electronic. They have CSR & X-Verb listed (which are other companies 'products') so why not have the 480 shown as well. TC also mentioned only a couple of days ago that many new plug's were about to be released in the new year. Are Relab about to start releasing their own line?

TC have just released the m30 freebie (which is part of Classic Verb I believe) and even though the GUI is different to the 480 it is still a native plug-in. The developer of 'some' TC Verbs was relab wasn't it?

Seems like we're in for a storm of reverbs over the coming months.
Imagine TC doing a native Lexicon reverb at the same time that Lexicon is releasing its own native reverb...

Next step would be somebody does a system 6000 emulation
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farshad View Post
Imagine TC doing a native Lexicon reverb at the same time that Lexicon is releasing its own native reverb...

Next step would be somebody does a system 6000 emulation
Great idea... especially if they were native. ;P

When you look at Waves, UAD AND SSL all doing SSL channel strips and Bus compressors that's not such a far flung idea.

If TC don't port the rest of their System 6000 'optional' plugs to Powercore it'd be rather disappointing for me but I don't see anyone 'emulating' that system in a hurry.
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are Relab about to start releasing their own line?
the 480 plugin has Relab written on the gui.
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
Bingo!
Old 22nd November 2009
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Where did you see that??
Old 22nd November 2009
oh dear this thread has got to the point where it just needs some real info now...checking it feels like banging my head against the wall....
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprawl View Post
Where did you see that??
RELAB DEVELOPMENT | DSP Audio Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
oh dear this thread has got to the point where it just needs some real info now...checking it feels like banging my head against the wall....
but Warp69 is hiding :D
Old 22nd November 2009
Quote:

but Warp69 is hiding :D
I know - Im sure he is watching! Obviously not ready to jump in...I wonder when we will get something official...
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Are these developed by Martin Lind / Relab?

DAS D-VERB + REV 224 + GRIESVERB DSP Plug-ins Highend Reverb

RMX160 DSP Plug-in Highend Reverb

Sonic Core DSP plugins DIGITALAUDIOSOFT PRODUCTS

I was trying to follow the Scope/CSR connection and this is as far as I got. The AMS looks similar to the Relab detail.

It looks like Martin/Warp69 is behind some or all of these Sonic Timeworks reverbs:

Sonic Timeworks Digital Audio Software

Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
Are these developed by Martin Lind / Relab?

DAS D-VERB + REV 224 + GRIESVERB DSP Plug-ins Highend Reverb

RMX160 DSP Plug-in Highend Reverb

Sonic Core DSP plugins DIGITALAUDIOSOFT PRODUCTS

I was trying to follow the Scope/CSR connection and this is as far as I got. The AMS looks similar to the Relab detail.

It looks like Martin/Warp69 is behind some or all of these Sonic Timeworks reverbs:

Nope - only the x100 series - Sonic Core.

They're now part of Scope 5.

Oh - and you have to much time to spare heh
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
Nope - only the x100 series - Sonic Core.

They're now part of Scope 5.

Oh - and you have to much time to spare heh
Okay... thanks! Google makes this sort of pseudo-detective work pretty easy to the extent you can conjure up effective search terms, but there's usually a brick-wall at the end of the rainbow instead of a pot-of-gold. I'm just interested reverb development, I guess... still waiting for a 224 (or better for my needs) plug-in.

NS recommended the 96 Random Hall which I'll finally try from the native bundle. I had a 480 for a good period of time, although it wasn't a replacement for the 224 I have access to... nor was any other Lex I've owned or tried. My 70 is the closest, but even this close is pretty far.

I'm still interested in this plug-in and other reverbs, though. It's kind of been a curse to have the first digital reverb I ever used be a 224, some 30 years ago. I've used the very same unit on and off over the years, but enough about that. Anyway... not too much spare time. I'm usually listening or rendering when I'm here. heh
Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanface View Post
...and would consider Israel to be Mediteranean as opposed to the middle-east. Definitely Europe.
****, so Gaza is in Europe!!!!!!

^^

dying to hear this thing now.

was ready to pull the trigger on two lex hw units - stopped hard in my tracks with this thread....
Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

I reckon the "Glass Eye" logo on the RELAB web page was done with Real3D? I know it's OT but I'd be interested to know. Warp69?

--------edit---------
Then again, probably it's not as I can see polygonal artifacts along the edges. If they were b-splines etc they'd be smooooth. Lets hope the reverb is smoother ;P
Old 26th November 2009
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasprouch View Post
Quote of the day heh
Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I reckon the "Glass Eye" logo on the RELAB web page was done with Real3D? I know it's OT but I'd be interested to know. Warp69?

--------edit---------
Then again, probably it's not as I can see polygonal artifacts along the edges. If they were b-splines etc they'd be smooooth. Lets hope the reverb is smoother ;P
It's done in Modo from Luxology with a subdivision level of 2 (quite low) - it took 2 mins to render at 1440*900
Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's done in Modo from Luxology with a subdivision level of 2 (quite low) - it took 2 mins to render at 1440*900
I thought for a second you may have used another Danish product to do it.... it's got a nice clean look.

Thanks for the reply. 8)
Old 27th November 2009
Quote:
hi there - can you give us any idea when we might get some real info on this?
Old 27th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Or even better, can you give us some real info?
Old 27th November 2009

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusRant View Post
Or even better, can you give us some real info?
There will be some real info on Monday. I'll be sending an update email to everyone who signed up to be notified.
Old 27th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Love the modo! I use it all the time for my graphics gig.
Old 27th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
There will be some real info on Monday. I'll be sending an update email to everyone who signed up to be notified.
great
Old 28th November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:

^^

dying to hear this thing now.

was ready to pull the trigger on two lex hw units - stopped hard in my tracks with this thread....
And the Red Sea too!!
Old 28th November 2009
Deleted User
Let's clear this up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
Waves afaik is developed in Israel which afaik isn't a part of Europe
Correct. Europe is a continent and nothing else. The eastern border of Europe is defined by the Urals, the Ural River, the Caspian Sea, the Caucasus Mountains and the Black Sea. Israel falls outside this area and is a part of the continent of Asia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Lee View Post
EU and Europe aren't really the same thing.
Correct. The EU is a political and economic alliance between some (but not all) of the countries of the continent of Europe. Israel is not a member state of the EU but does have a special free-trade agreement with the EU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanface View Post
Im in London, which most definitely is in Europe and would consider Israel to be Mediteranean as opposed to the middle-east. Definitely Europe.
By that argument, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Egypt are also in Europe. Just because Israel's in the same package holiday brochure as Majorca and Tenerife, doesn't make it part of Europe. :-)

Quote:
And it gets worse. If Israel is in Europe then so are Syria and Lebanon!
Old 28th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
By that argument, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Egypt are also in Europe. Just because Israel's in the same package holiday brochure as Majorca and Tenerife, doesn't make it part of Europe. :-)
LMFAO
Old 28th November 2009
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
on the relab site there is a tiny pic of a gui, which looks just like a rmx-16...
It has been publicly announced on this forum that Relab helped out with the RMX emulations that will be in future ROM versions of the Bricasti M7:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/4737964-post33.html
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search