The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 9th July 2010
Here for the gear

HI
would il be possible to create an USB LARC that mimic the real LARC (same shape) to control the plugin? (or control several plugins)
It would create a fantastic package (larc + plugin) and for commercial studio a real remplacement solution to the old and difficult to maintain 480L
Old 9th July 2010
Lives for gear

Where can I buy this or try a demo?

The only site I found is this :-

RELAB DEVELOPMENT | DSP Audio Technology
Old 9th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Where can I buy this or try a demo?

The only site I found is this :-

RELAB DEVELOPMENT | DSP Audio Technology
See this post to buy and this one to try the beta.
Old 9th July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayone24 View Post
HI
would il be possible to create an USB LARC that mimic the real LARC (same shape) to control the plugin? (or control several plugins)
It would create a fantastic package (larc + plugin) and for commercial studio a real remplacement solution to the old and difficult to maintain 480L
What a fantastic idea. thumbsup thumbsup
Old 9th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
See this post to buy and this one to try the beta.
Thankyou
Old 9th July 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
HI
I would like to add that creating a usb larc would result in more sales and less piracy for the plug because of the attractiveness of buying a "real" hardware instead of just a software...

The main problem with plugins is the lack of real control, even if the sound if close at 99,99% it's never the same because of the wokflow of real hardware control... (I'm thinking in a commercial recording studio application, not for home studio when peoples have all of their time adjustif parameters)

but there should be a problem with legality to copy the shape of the real larc from lexicon?

what do you think RELAB peoples?
Old 9th July 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Getting into the hardware business and making a LARC clone is something huge and far beyond the capability of a very small company that's not seriously rich. Even for Lexicon, that's a major trouble. You can't expect to pay a low price for such a controller either, it's simply impossible, as it would cost them a fortune to make.
Old 9th July 2010
Lives for gear

No official website? NO DEMO?! What a joke!
Old 9th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotl View Post
No official website? NO DEMO?! What a joke!
Man, 90% of the time your delivery just sucks.
Old 9th July 2010
Here for the gear

Mystery plug-in leak... Relab LX480 NOW RELEASED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy
Getting into the hardware business and making a LARC clone is something huge and far beyond the capability of a very small company that's not seriously rich. Even for Lexicon, that's a major trouble. You can't expect to pay a low price for such a controller either, it's simply impossible, as it would cost them a fortune to make.
Humm i dunno .... When i see the focusrite liquid mix at 600dollards i don t think it s that expansive to build a plastic box with only USB or midi control .... But maybe you are right so that mean that real hardware Will always rule over plugs.... I can keep safe my 224xl ....
Old 9th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
HI

My preference would be for Ethernet hooks into the plugin to allow for things like an iPhone (or other smart phone) or iPad app to provide the larc type interface.

Cheers

Kris

PS: Is there a demo available, or is it just Beta, Lite (paid) & Full (paid)?
Old 9th July 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy View Post
An iPad app will work just fine.
Old 9th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
Man, 90% of the time your delivery just sucks.
What don't you understand?
Is it normal to sell plugins without proper web site and without offering demo? Is that ok for you? Doesn't THAT sucks? It's really lame, MAN!
You must be in love with that people.
Old 9th July 2010
Lives for gear

There is a demo for the Lite version. Period.
Old 9th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
There is a demo for the Lite version. Period.
Yes, the LITE version demo...and i accidentally found it in my backyard
Old 9th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Doesn't THAT sucks?
THAT doesn't sucks!
Old 9th July 2010
A USB Larc similar to the 224 / 480 one could be made for a few dollars in China. heh

But the R'n'D to create a perfectly working USB Larc to control accurately the LX480 Plugin would be expensive I'm guessing.
I know nothing about coding / programming though.
Old 10th July 2010
Lives for gear

Hardware/Plugin "RandomHall" comparison.

480L or LX 480

Old 10th July 2010
Gear Guru

Just purchased the Lite version! No brainer at that price.

So has it be discussed what other things of the 480 have been emulated? like are the Primetime and mastering programs present? Classic Cart? I've just been reading through the real 480 manual.

Also, do the included presets from Tony work in Nuendo on a pc? I can't seem to get them loaded. (Nevermind. got it)

Couple of other things.... There doesn't seem to be as fine as control on the parameters. It rounds off of the .1's whereas the real unit can get finer. Also, the manual mentions Feedback controls on the delays and other tweakable parameters that are not present. Will these be included in the full version?

thanks
Old 10th July 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythminmind View Post
Hardware/Plugin "RandomHall" comparison.

480L or LX 480

I voted A for hardware.
Old 10th July 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I voted A for hardware.
I went with A also.
Sounds more lush to me.
Hope we're wrong.
Old 10th July 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler View Post
I went with A also.
Sounds more lush to me.
Hope we're wrong.
Even if we are right I wouldn't kick that [B]itch out of bed! heh
Old 10th July 2010
Lives for gear

The question should be: Which one do you prefer?
Old 10th July 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
So has it be discussed what other things of the 480 have been emulated?
Only the reverb algorithms. Surround reverb algorithms will be added later as well.
Old 10th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ssa View Post
The question should be: Which one do you prefer?
Good call, 2nd poll added.
Old 10th July 2010
Lives for gear

I much prefer 'A' but I think 'B' will probably turn out to be the hardware.. at least I hope so. B is nowhere near as good as A. B has a kind of compression or ADSR effect which lets a transient through and then 'chokes' the sound quickly thereafter.. it is also more granular in nature.

I 'almost' prefer B3 to A3 though.. it would depend on the use.
Old 10th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
What don't you understand?
Is it normal to sell plugins without proper web site and without offering demo? Is that ok for you? Doesn't THAT sucks? It's really lame, MAN!
You must be in love with that people.
Yeah, okay...At the very least, could you remove the aphex twin picture? I'm a big fan of his and every time you troll, it somehow associates it with him.

How about this picture instead? dfegad
Old 10th July 2010

I like the Jazz Hall preset from the original 480L

Wasn't that a Hall preset as opposed to a Random Hall preset.

I see Tony has the "Jazz Hall" preset included with the Randon Hall algo in the 480XL, did that preset work with both the Hall and Randon Hall?

How did Tony come up with these presets anyway, are they copied over from a real 480L?

Thanks
Treeb's
Old 10th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Flow View Post
I like the Jazz Hall preset from the original 480L

Wasn't that a Hall preset as opposed to a Random Hall preset.
The 'Jazz Hall' is based on the Hall algorithm, but the 480L also have a 'Jazz RHall' preset based on the Random Hall.
Old 10th July 2010

Thanks Warp.

It's great how you find the time to answer a few questions personally thumbsup

Best
Trebor
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search