The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 1st July 2010
Gear Head

...is this going to be the long hot summer?...
Old 1st July 2010
Gear Maniac
Re: Mystery plug-in leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck
At the risk of being inflammatory, I don't have any idea what the big deal about this plugin is. What is the unit that this is modeled on supposed to do differently than the official Lexicon plugins? Or any of the multitude of reverb plugins out there? Latest-greatest syndrome? Or in this case, Future-hopefully-greatest?
as mentioned in this thread before this plugin emulates one of the best reverbs in history. the lex 480l. the lexicon native bundle is somethimg different as it is based on the pcm96 which sounds different to the 480l. whether you like the sound of the 480l more over the pcm96 is totaly your taste. some people say the best reverb ever was the lex 224 which is from the late 70s! for me the 480l is the best i know and there is nothing like it at the moment. no hardware no software. only a beta...

i never tried the bricasti m7 and i never tried a pcm96. the lex native reverb bundle was really good sounding to me. much better than any other plugin reverb i've tried besides the lx480 from warp.

cheers
Old 1st July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
At the risk of being inflammatory, I don't have any idea what the big deal about this plugin is. What is the unit that this is modeled on supposed to do differently than the official Lexicon plugins? Or any of the multitude of reverb plugins out there? Latest-greatest syndrome? Or in this case, Future-hopefully-greatest?
From the beta, I'd say it is equally as good as the Lex bundle but very different. Vintage Lex versus new clean lex. Thus most will probably like it better.

And the other thing is there are only a handful of good/great reverb plugins. This is a VERY welcome addition, and will be 1 of only the few great ones.
Old 1st July 2010
Lives for gear

The PP MKVIII thread has been going on for years, and only shipped what... a few months ago? I don't think this thread will break any records. BTW, I had a 480 on long term demo loan in the late 80's... good 'verb, but not a 224 replacement like it was purported to be by the dealer. I could have afforded it, but I couldn't justify it, so back it went. If the price is right, I may be able to justify this one.
Old 1st July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
The product was officially announced months ago... Go read the 53 pages again and you'll surely find it.
I was teasing - the point meant to be that there's not yet a product to announce. It's still on the workbench. The irony that it has reached 53 (now 54) pages makes me chuckle.
Old 1st July 2010
Lives for gear

Every time more I realize there is a part of us who truly love talking about upcoming products that are not launched (my case), while other people believe products should only be announced when they are launched. I wonder whether splitting the new product alert into 2 could make sense: new products in the works and new product launch alert or something like that.

Still have a doubt on whether the people who feel annoyed would still enter into the first of the forums and complain ;-)
Old 1st July 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomen View Post
Every time more I realize there is a part of us who truly love talking about upcoming products that are not launched (my case), while other people believe products should only be announced when they are launched. I wonder whether splitting the new product alert into 2 could make sense: new products in the works and new product launch alert or something like that.

Still have a doubt on whether the people who feel annoyed would still enter into the first of the forums and complain ;-)
I personally think products should only be announced very close to the release. Apple is usually really good about that for exampe. If I can't have it within a month's time I don't want to be bothered even thinking about the "future", too distracting. ;-) But definitely 6 months and out is overboard to announce a unreleased product.
Old 1st July 2010
Lives for gear

It takes all kinds, and I like that.

Just don't count your chickens until they ship.
Old 2nd July 2010
Lives for gear

owowow men i love this plug in!
I use it more then the pcm bundle.
Finished 3 tracks with 3 lx480 on it.
Can't wait for the full version.

ps: i hope when the full version is out i still can recall my old setting?????
Old 2nd July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by exwel View Post

ps: i hope when the full version is out i still can recall my old setting?????
I doubt you won't
Old 2nd July 2010
Quote:
Almost missed this one....

The news will include the following:

1. The plugin release date.

2. The reason it has not been released yet.

3. The pricing.

.. and all other pertinent details.

I will be emailing the beta team those details in the next few days.
...tick-tock......tick-tock......tick-tock......tick-tock... staring at my email inbox waiting for Tony's news!!!!
Old 2nd July 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankymax View Post
...tick-tock......tick-tock......tick-tock......tick-tock... staring at my email inbox waiting for Tony's news!!!!
I'm just waiting to hear back from Martin on one of the details.

But, I forgot he is on vacation right now. Probably not until after the holiday weekend. Sorry.
Old 2nd July 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybelmont View Post
probably not until after the holiday weekend. Sorry.
arghhhhh!!!!!
Old 3rd July 2010
Lives for gear

He's taunting us! heh

edit: well taunt is probably not the right word.

What's the word for dangling steaks over a pack of hungry wolves?
Old 3rd July 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
He's taunting us! heh

edit: well taunt is probably not the right word.

What's the word for dangling steaks over a pack of hungry wolves?
DUMB
Old 3rd July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
DUMB
LOL... guess I shoulda seen that coming, though in this case the dangler is well protected from the danglees.

Let's just go back to taunt.
Old 3rd July 2010

I feel the need for catharsis in respect to this thread and subsequent delay of the release of this (gritted teeth) l o v e r l y plugin

"F &[email protected]&[email protected]@!£$%&*?%........................................K

Ahhhhh that's better, poor green tea, deep breath .. smile.

T
Old 4th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Flow View Post
I feel the need for catharsis in respect to this thread and subsequent delay of the release of this (gritted teeth) l o v e r l y plugin

"F &[email protected]&[email protected]@!£$%&*?%........................................K

Ahhhhh that's better, poor green tea, deep breath .. smile.

T
Would this catharsis be of a medical nature then? ;P
Old 4th July 2010

Hi Bossa

Good to see your back .... (haven't seen you around for a few weeks)

Did you keep all your DSP, you were talking about going native a while back (we have virtually identical rigs) My 6000 and Express card and UAD1+2 stuff have been rock solid under Cubase 5.1 (XP32 SP3) we only differ on the Duende card (boy I'm glad I passed on that one:-)

Did you try the demo from Tony B yet for the 480XL, what do you think, I seem to remeber you have the X Verb (another one of Martin's creations) how do they compare?

Best
T
Old 4th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Flow View Post
Hi Bossa

Good to see your back .... (haven't seen you around for a few weeks)

Did you keep all your DSP, you were talking about going native a while back (we have virtually identical rigs) My 6000 and Express card and UAD1+2 stuff have been rock solid under Cubase 5.1 (XP32 SP3) we only differ on the Duende card (boy I'm glad I passed on that one:-)

Did you try the demo from Tony B yet for the 480XL, what do you think, I seem to remeber you have the X Verb (another one of Martin's creations) how do they compare?

Best
T
Hi Trebor, I'm on here every day but I haven't posted lately is all... I have not sold anything to date either. I am having some weird issues with the latest beta Liquid Mix drivers however. Quite often the bufffer gets right out of sync with the rest of the music and I have to do a three finger salute on the LM hardware to reboot it in order to fix it.

I haven't used X-Verb for some time (I reverted my Duende back to v2.59 in order to get some work done) so I can't compare them at the moment. I've been using the 480 and it is very nice. A warm and dense reverb to be sure.

After some extensive (lol) testing I've decided that the duende cannot be sold so I'm looking forward to the new drivers for that. X-Comp is my current Fav' Compressor and it's probably worth hanging onto the card for that alone.

I've been trying to finish up a project that I've been fiddling with for years, I keep using it as a lab specimen but I think I've pretty much settled on a system now. You can have too much choice in this game.. especially if you're a 'perfectionist' (insert your own word there if you must) like me.

I hope you are well?

Old 4th July 2010
Lives for gear
cant get the plug in to work quad g5, logic 8 osx 10.5.8 -- is it intel only?
Old 4th July 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel saunders View Post
is it intel only?
Yes.
Old 4th July 2010
Lives for gear
thanks
Old 6th July 2010
Gear Addict

Tony any news??? The weekend is over.....

"I'm just waiting to hear back from Martin on one of the details.

But, I forgot he is on vacation right now. Probably not until after the holiday weekend. Sorry."
Old 6th July 2010

Ah, but he didn't say "which weekend"

He clever like that.

heh

T
Old 6th July 2010
Lives for gear

I wish I hadn't started using this PI as it's just too good. I have started replacing most of my PCM plug's with this and considering how much I paid for those I kinda feel sick. I hope the rest of the algo's are up to this.
Old 7th July 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 View Post
Tony any news??? The weekend is over.....
Check your inbox.
Old 7th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Check your inbox.
Yup, just got the email..
Old 7th July 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Check your inbox.
Wow.. that's cool news! Guess I wont be getting Lexicon PCM after all!!
Old 7th July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Wow.. that's cool news!
Hey why not share with the rest of the class?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search