The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 29th June 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
In a few days I will be posting a comment on someone else his post, and this comment will include the following:

1. a quote

2. my opinion

3. a question

.. and some other random thoughts.
Now that's funny!
Old 29th June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Almost missed this one....

The news will include the following:

1. The plugin release date.

2. The reason it has not been released yet.

3. The pricing.

.. and all other pertinent details.

I will be emailing the beta team those details in the next few days.
So now we're a team, already.

"Team Patience" .... there, we have name now.

Go "Team Patience"

Who will define our mission statement?

T
Old 29th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
Now that's funny!
I damn near spit my coffee onto my lunch. Hilarious!
Old 30th June 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I damn near spit my coffee onto my lunch. Hilarious!
Same here. Except I'm in for Vodka/Red Bull.
Cheers.
Old 30th June 2010
Lives for gear

for this entertaining thread.
Old 30th June 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
In a few days I will be posting a comment on someone else his post, and this comment will include the following:

1. a quote

2. my opinion

3. a question

.. and some other random thoughts.
In the next few days i will be reading the above comments which comment on the the previous comment whilst,

1. enjoying breakfast and drinking coffee.

2. thinking about taking a ****.

3. wondering if i actually need another reverb plugin.

...and some other random thoughts....
Old 30th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
Their loss! They lose the money they could have made just putting in a couple #ifdefs.

It's not like anyone else is going to make more money as a result of buying some plugin.
Every company that makes blips and mute demo plugins loses my business cause I hate that . I like to demo a plugin in real conditions, using it on my actual work . So obviously , to each his own .
Old 30th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volodia View Post
Every company that makes blips and mute demo plugins loses my business cause I hate that . I like to demo a plugin in real conditions, using it on my actual work . So obviously , to each his own .
If a programmer somehow came up with a way of selling to both of us, they'd receive a Nobel prize.

Or at least an extra €52.79...
Old 30th June 2010
Lives for gear

There are companies that have both dongled and dongleless demos.
Old 30th June 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
There are companies that have both dongled and dongleless demos.
Yep! I like full (or at least half plugin) functionality without parameter automation recall. That option give me to test plugin without any noise hiss or time limit, in full light. Since automation and recall ability are simply disabled (not even there) plugin is pretty much useless in serious work and can't be cracked in any way since there is nothing to crack. But for testing - sure..

I think AirEQ is working like that. Full product is dongled but demo is without any parameter automation. Nice.
Old 30th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
Yep! I like full (or at least half plugin) functionality without parameter automation recall. That option give me to test plugin without any noise hiss or time limit, in full light. Since automation and recall ability are simply disabled (not even there) plugin is pretty much useless in serious work and can't be cracked in any way since there is nothing to crack. But for testing - sure..

I think AirEQ is working like that. Full product is dongled but demo is without any parameter automation. Nice.
XILS, too... previously related developers. I think there are others, though they don't come to mind right now... points being, it can be done and is a good thing!
Old 30th June 2010
Lives for gear

I often wonder if they don't want me to try the demo. The ilok demos cost them money for each user! Maybe they are afraid of what I may say, or maybe they want to cultivate an esoteric air, or maybe they want me to have some "skin" in my evaluation, not so easy-come-easy-go.

The worst is if they think they are defeating krackers this way. They are only defeating sales, and making people turn to kracks for a functioning demo.

Regardless, give me an excuse not to buy another plugin and I will take it.
Old 30th June 2010
Tony ?
Old 30th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I often wonder if they don't want me to try the demo. The ilok demos cost them money for each user! Maybe they are afraid of what I may say, or maybe they want to cultivate an esoteric air, or maybe they want me to have some "skin" in my evaluation, not so easy-come-easy-go.

The worst is if they think they are defeating krackers this way. They are only defeating sales, and making people turn to kracks for a functioning demo.

Regardless, give me an excuse not to buy another plugin and I will take it.
Yeah, I bet they're soooooooo scared of what you might say about it....That's it. Riiiiiight.
Old 30th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
XILS, too... previously related developers. I think there are others, though they don't come to mind right now... points being, it can be done and is a good thing!
Definitely. Xils-lab actually has a double demo option, dongled and dongle-free. The dongle-free option has some more limitations but at least it's a good way if you'd like to try a product and you don't own any of the required dongles (in their case both iLok or eLicenser). So it can be done, of course.
Let's hope to see more examples like that.
Old 30th June 2010

Quote:
I often wonder if they don't want me to try the demo.
Two things to note.

1. There is no demo. This is a beta... Not sure why people keep referring to this as a demo.

2. Who is "they" exactly? No one in the plugin world even knows who you are. So, why would a mythical "they" (or anyone else) care what you have to say about them? heh

I would like you (and everyone here) to try it. But, if you don't want to take a free ilok beta license, then don't.
Old 1st July 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Two things to note.

1. There is no demo. This is a beta... Not sure why people keep referring to this as a demo.

2. Who is "they" exactly? No one in the plugin world even knows who you are. So, why would a mythical "they" (or anyone else) care what you have to say about them? heh

I would like you (and everyone here) to try it. But, if you don't want to take a free ilok beta license, then don't.

Now how about the announcement you announced a few days ago?

heh
Old 1st July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
But, if you don't want to take a free ilok beta license, then don't.
Yes, and hopefully that'll be the end of it. I don't care if he tries or doesn't, buys or doesn't. The beta was simple to work with and offered a great taste of what the final product will sound like. Classified as beta, or demo, or whatever - it's all I needed to realize that it's coming home with me for good. It's going to be one of the few "absolutely must haves."

Once it's available............
Old 1st July 2010
I can't imagine reading this all the way through...
But just a side note.. this thread is rediculously long for something that isn't even beta tested yet.

Maybe the lack of sleep is getting to me but...
Lame. tutt
Old 1st July 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Once it's available............
In this week's issue of GearGossip there was a blurb about it being released next May.
Old 1st July 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiProducer View Post
I can't imagine reading this all the way through...
But just a side note.. this thread is rediculously long for something that isn't even beta tested yet.

Maybe the lack of sleep is getting to me but...
Lame. tutt
1. yes, you haven't read this all way through
2. there is a beta
3. go to sleep
Old 1st July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

But, but but...Tony, how could you possibly not know who is?!?! It's PETER!!! You know, from SPICEMIX! He's a TOP producer and mastering engineer!

Old 1st July 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Now how about the announcement you announced a few days ago?

heh
There is no "announcement". I'll be sending an update via email this week.
Old 1st July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
There is no "announcement".
I hate to be the one to point this out, but after 53 pages there's still no official product announcement in the forum meant to announce products. This MUST be the longest ramp-up in GS history.

Not that I'm complainin'... much of this has been enjoyable, using the beta being the most enjoyable.
Old 1st July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I hate to be the one to point this out, but after 53 pages there's still no official product announcement in the forum meant to announce products. This MUST be the longest ramp-up in GS history.

Not that I'm complainin'... much of this has been enjoyable, using the beta being the most enjoyable.
Just chiming in. I replaced another verb plug on an aux set to insanely long with the LX480, and it was awesome. Most awesome of all. Pretty amazing the plugin reverbs we have at our disposal whereas 2 years ago it was slim pickings. Looking forward to hearing all of the algorithms.
Old 1st July 2010
Quote:

thumbsup
Old 1st July 2010

Quote:

The product was officially announced months ago... Go read the 53 pages again and you'll surely find it.
Old 1st July 2010
Lives for gear

At the risk of being inflammatory, I don't have any idea what the big deal about this plugin is. What is the unit that this is modeled on supposed to do differently than the official Lexicon plugins? Or any of the multitude of reverb plugins out there? Latest-greatest syndrome? Or in this case, Future-hopefully-greatest?
Old 1st July 2010
Quote:
The product was officially announced months ago... Go read the 53 pages again and you'll surely find it.
I think GS and internet in general too often serve as a "reality enhancer" megaphone.
It's like nobody can move any more without making waves 100 times as big as he actually is, and everybody is commenting on that without knowing much of the context.

Martin, the guy behind this plug-in, seems to be a perfectionnist and nobody knows much more than that.

When a producer or a label puts so much time pressure on your head, it doesn't help to be creative and motivated to finish that killer mix ... so, I am also quite impatient to have access to all algos and incorporate what will probably be my go-to reverb, but I am willing to leave Martin enough room to brush up his artwork.
Old 1st July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
At the risk of being inflammatory, I don't have any idea what the big deal about this plugin is. What is the unit that this is modeled on supposed to do differently than the official Lexicon plugins? Or any of the multitude of reverb plugins out there? Latest-greatest syndrome? Or in this case, Future-hopefully-greatest?
do yourself a flavour : get a demo and/or check the audio samples somewhere in the middle of this thread
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search