The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 3rd June 2010
Gear Addict

are there new algos in the new beta ?
Old 3rd June 2010
Gear Maniac
I can join the choir:

"Cannot replace a demo/trial with another demo/trial"
Old 3rd June 2010
Gear Maniac

Hello, everyone. I've been following this thread from the beginning, and am mulling over the idea of joining the public beta. I've got a few reverb plugs (EOS, CSR), but I'm thinking of moving up to something that is world-class. So, my question, for those who have tried this plug-in: Is this truly top-notch, or merely very good (like EOS)?
Old 3rd June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by days View Post
Hello, everyone. I've been following this thread from the beginning, and am mulling over the idea of joining the public beta. I've got a few reverb plugs (EOS, CSR), but I'm thinking of moving up to something that is world-class. So, my question, for those who have tried this plug-in: Is this truly top-notch, or merely very good (like EOS)?
As far as the Random Hall sounds....

This plugin IS a 480.

I'm willing to bet the rest of the algos sound identical to the hardware.

So, yeah, this is world class.
Old 3rd June 2010
Gear Maniac

I love EOS, but this is next level, none of us have heard the plate algo yet, but if it's anywhere near as good as this hall beta we're all using, then it's going to be AMAZING.

I'd recommend you email Tony and find out for yourself.
Old 3rd June 2010

For those with the ilok replacement problem... I've received countless emails about the issue. I don't have a solution at the moment. Martin has already contacted ilok to fix the error, and we are just waiting for word back.

There is no need to email me or post here that you can't get the license to replace, as we are aware of the problem and when a fix is available I will send out an email to everyone.
Old 3rd June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by taa4j6 View Post
are there new algos in the new beta ?
No, there is no new beta. This is an ilok extension of the original beta because so many people requested it.
Old 3rd June 2010
Gear Nut

Smile

At my iLok- account it says that the current beta will last to tomorrow.
I think iLok blocks itself for more than one instance of each licence.

I will try again tomorrow.

Old 3rd June 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post
As far as the Random Hall sounds....

This plugin IS a 480.

I'm willing to bet the rest of the algos sound identical to the hardware.

So, yeah, this is world class.
World class. Just what I wanted to hear.

So, at this point, there are beta algos for Halls, but none for Rooms or Plates?
Old 3rd June 2010

Quote:

So, at this point, there are beta algos for Halls, but none for Rooms or Plates?
There is one public beta. It contains the Random Hall and Random Hall HD algorithms. The other algorithms have not been added to the beta.
Old 3rd June 2010
Quote:

World-class and even universe-class ;-) ...
Old 3rd June 2010
Can someone show me where I can find the link to the presets/user notes? I think I skimmed through every page in this thread and I don't recall seeing a link, and now I have a headache
Old 3rd June 2010
Gear Maniac
Re: Mystery plug-in leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDiamond
Can someone show me where I can find the link to the presets/user notes? I think I skimmed through every page in this thread and I don't recall seeing a link, and now I have a headache
The link was in tonys email...
Old 3rd June 2010
You're right, there it is, right in front of me. I should have read the entire email.
Old 4th June 2010
Gear Guru

Couldn't redeem a new demo on my ilok either. ilok is such a piece of crap.
Old 4th June 2010

iLok stops you demoing the same software twice on the same iLok.

I once requested a second demo of URS CSP, they sent me a demo license no problem, but iLok wouldn't let me load it onto my ilok that already contains the same expired demo licence.

I keep an iLok just for demo's, when it's full I have to throw it away and buy another. So that's £30 for 100 demo's .... £0.30p a demo, not bad really to help keep software safe, I can't complain about the cost.

I suspect iLok is seeing the extended 480XL demo licence in the same way?

T
Old 4th June 2010
Lives for gear

Me also, i am waiting for a solution.

Tumbs up for this great pluginthumbsup
Old 4th June 2010
Lives for gear

That's what I got from ILOK:

Hello,

That is correct, a demo or trial license cannot over write an existing demo or
trial license that is already on an iLok.

Please contact the software developer of the software you are attempting to
use for further information on the use and authorization of their product.
They are the only ones who can remove a demo or trial license that is already
on your iLok.

Understand that the software developers are the only ones capable of licensing
and distributing their products. PACE merely builds the infrastructure for the
software publishers to distribute their products in the way that is consistent
with their licensing terms.

Best Regards,
iLok.com Technical Support
Old 4th June 2010
Lives for gear

Im in talk with PACE - they have indicated there're exist multiple solutions to the this very issue. Right now Im waiting for a response from PACE.

Another company (Thank you) have told me how they manage extension of demos, but it's a manually process - which would take a lot time because of the public beta in my case. I would prefer a batch solution.

We will resolve this matter in some way (and fast).

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 4th June 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks Martin!

One one hand, I wish the iLok issue had been worked out before the deadline was reached. It has been my experience that iLok demos are finicky. On the other, we ALL knew it was set to expire, so if we used it on a project with the intent of running it past the deadline then it's our own fault. Personally, I've kept it away from ongoing sessions.
Old 4th June 2010
Gear Maniac
As far as I remember Soundtoys Decapitator demo was extended via iLok. That worked okay, - the old demo-licence was replaced with the new demo-licence, - but maybe there is a difference between a beta- and a demo-licence?
Old 5th June 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Flow View Post
£0.30p a demo, not bad really to help keep software safe, I can't complain about the cost.
+1
Old 5th June 2010
Gear Addict

I have two iloks and now two beta licenses, one on each... :(

Don't ilok have something like a removal code for a demo license or could they only be replaced?
Old 5th June 2010
Gear Maniac

Can anyone post the link for the Beta download ?
thnx
Old 5th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by borism View Post
Can anyone post the link for the Beta download ?
thnx
See post #1460

; )
Old 7th June 2010

Everyone who was having issues with their ilok license replacement should have a new code in their inbox no later than Monday morning.
Old 7th June 2010
Lives for gear
Thanks for the beta demo license Tony.

This is quite impressive, but does take some tweaking to get things the way I like. However, I guess that once the release version comes out, there'll be lots of lovely presets etc to work from.

I'm still keen to know how much it's going to cost. (haven't decided on whether to commit to the PCM bundle or not... can't justify both).

Having demo'd the Lexi PCM bundle earlier this year, I'm not sure how the PCM and this plugin compare directly and would love to hear some user opinions of the two when compared directly... and especially how they sit within the confines of a mix.

Regards,
Matt
Old 7th June 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Everyone who was having issues with their ilok license replacement should have a new code in their inbox no later than Monday morning.
Got mine, worked like a charm. Thanks Tony and Martin for the effort getting this straightened out, much appreciated.

Michael
Old 7th June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Thanks for the beta demo license Tony.

This is quite impressive, but does take some tweaking to get things the way I like. However, I guess that once the release version comes out, there'll be lots of lovely presets etc to work from.

I'm still keen to know how much it's going to cost. (haven't decided on whether to commit to the PCM bundle or not... can't justify both).

Having demo'd the Lexi PCM bundle earlier this year, I'm not sure how the PCM and this plugin compare directly and would love to hear some user opinions of the two when compared directly... and especially how they sit within the confines of a mix.

Regards,
Matt
Just a humble opinion,

But if you like older school FX reverb, all steamy and gluey with a cool envelope then the 48XL will float you boat.

If you like a modern twist on the above with greater "clarity" of the space then the Lexicon Bundle is cool.

Personally I found the Lex bundle to be too wide and not enough 3d depth and it had a strange harmonic cloud that almost put my teeth on edge!

So it will definately be the 480XL for me (if I can afford it:-)

Best
T
Old 7th June 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Flow View Post
Just a humble opinion,

But if you like older school FX reverb, all steamy and gluey with a cool envelope then the 48XL will float you boat.

If you like a modern twist on the above with greater "clarity" of the space then the Lexicon Bundle is cool.

Personally I found the Lex bundle to be too wide and not enough 3d depth and it had a strange harmonic cloud that almost put my teeth on edge!

So it will definately be the 480XL for me (if I can afford it:-)

Best
T
Same here.
The LX480 has this classy feel the Lexi Bundle doesn't (to my opinion).
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search