The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 14th May 2010
  #1321
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
That is odd. They should be accessible in 64 mode, and even usable with the bridge.
yea
it became usable with the bridge after i loaded it in 32 bit then reopen in 64bits. but in AU manager no 32 bit plug is present.
Old 14th May 2010
  #1322
Lives for gear
 

Concerning future RTAS version, that's good news for LE users, however as everybody mainly uses reverb on aux tracks, no TDM means no use for HD owners, having native going post TDM is really a mess.
Accel cards run the TL Space convolution verb, it's surprising they couldn't handle a LEX480 algo.
Very nice plug otherwise, keep up the good work!

Andrew
Old 14th May 2010
  #1323
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_bt View Post
Concerning future RTAS version, that's good news for LE users, however as everybody mainly uses reverb on aux tracks, no TDM means no use for HD owners, having native going post TDM is really a mess.
Accel cards run the TL Space convolution verb, it's surprising they couldn't handle a LEX480 algo.
Very nice plug otherwise, keep up the good work!

Andrew
Not in my experience. I use RTAS verb in on Aux tracks on 4 different HD systems on a regular basis and none are giving me any trouble. Not even the smallest glitch. True, you have to be cautious when combining RTAS and TDM on the SAME Aux track, but I've found no reason to add a TDM plugin directly after the RTAS verb.

LX480 should work equally well on HD systems.
Old 14th May 2010
  #1324
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Not in my experience. I use RTAS verb in on Aux tracks on 4 different HD systems on a regular basis and none are giving me any trouble. Not even the smallest glitch. True, you have to be cautious when combining RTAS and TDM on the SAME Aux track, but I've found no reason to add a TDM plugin directly after the RTAS verb.
By my side I almost ever experience some latency comp. probs when inserting native on aux if I'm routing some TDM processed tracks there (I always try not to mix RTAS/TDM on the same track). Same for the master busses... I often use some external sends/DSP processing also so I guess it doesn't help. Are you chaining many plugs/aux? (sorry for the out of topic digression ).
Old 14th May 2010
  #1325
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Routing TDM-processed tracks to RTAS reverbs is common. Again, no issues here. I'd say that maybe I'm lucky but I'm not having any issues on multiple systems.

What kind of problems is it giving you? Sync issues? Delay compensation in ProTools is still FAR from perfect. Restarts-a-plenty until they step up and fix it. Been a long time coming.

(One little side note - the very first instant of time when you first hit play, that little bit of audio may not play well with RTAS reverbs. It could be delayed or not not fire into the verb at all. That's delay compensation building up a buffer. No way around that. The fix is to park the cursor slightly ahead of the track before hitting play, which I always do anyway.)
Old 14th May 2010
  #1326
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Delay compensation in ProTools is still FAR from perfect.
Better but FAR from... unfortunately!
It's mainly because of the delay compensation collapsing I avoid RTAS on aux and master busses. Personally I would prefer to pay an extra for a no-brainer TDM version but I'll give the RTAS a listen for sure.
Old 14th May 2010
  #1327
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_bt View Post
Personally I would prefer to pay an extra for a no-brainer TDM version
I understand that, but with the power of modern CPUs it's great letting them handle things like reverb, which they do without sweating, so that I can keep TDM chips reserved for TDM-mandatory tasks.
Old 14th May 2010
  #1328
Lives for gear
 

Reverb and 2 buss comp/limiting are my TDM mandatory tasks! heh
I think you're right about native processing power raising and making DSP less and less indispensable.
Old 15th May 2010
  #1329
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
I've been having trouble with Logic recently but got it patched together just today.

Holy crap, it's a 480 in a plugin!

I need to test it deeper but it seems to react to the instruments I've tried just like the hardware did. VERY impressive, Martin!
Old 15th May 2010
  #1330
Gear Maniac
 

Does anybody actually know when the "final" version of the plugin will be released?
Old 15th May 2010
  #1331
Lives for gear
 
gussyg2007's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Does anybody actually know when the "final" version of the plugin will be released?
when it's finished !!heh
Old 15th May 2010
  #1332
Gear Maniac
 

Hopefully it's pretty soon.
Old 16th May 2010
  #1333
Lives for gear
 
thermos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I've been having trouble with Logic recently but got it patched together just today.

Holy crap, it's a 480 in a plugin!

I need to test it deeper but it seems to react to the instruments I've tried just like the hardware did. VERY impressive, Martin!
I've never tried a real 480, but this plugin is amazing so far. I'm imagining that once this plug is complete, between this and the PCM bundle I will never have another reverb want ever again.
Old 16th May 2010
  #1334
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Hopefully it's pretty soon.
Guys there is "release plan" thread there at Relab Community - it should keep you updated..
Old 16th May 2010
  #1335
Registered User
 

Where?

I can't see a thread called release plan thread?

Best
T
Old 16th May 2010
  #1336
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
Guys there is "release plan" thread there at Relab Community - it should keep you updated..
cant see that thread anywhere in the forum....?
Old 16th May 2010
  #1337
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
cant see that thread anywhere in the forum....?
Sorry i don't see it either. I am sure it was there or i missed(mixed) something. Sorry guys tutt
Old 16th May 2010
  #1338
Lives for gear
 
jslevin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_bt View Post
Concerning future RTAS version, that's good news for LE users, however as everybody mainly uses reverb on aux tracks, no TDM means no use for HD owners, having native going post TDM is really a mess.
Not on an Aux or Master track. We run AltiVerb this way constantly.

Quote:
Accel cards run the TL Space convolution verb, it's surprising they couldn't handle a LEX480 algo.
Probably more a question of investing the time in coding it. There obviously is some uncertainty surrounding that format. My guess is that the developer has not worked in that environment before, but that's just a guess.

JSL
Old 16th May 2010
  #1339
Gear Addict
 

IMO, this is the best verb plugin i tried so far, I like Redline a lot too, but this one is special as i'm trying it.
Just hope the price tags is not like Lexicon PMC stuff. If so, bye bye.
Old 16th May 2010
  #1340
Lives for gear
 
api2500's Avatar
I reckon its TC Electronic.
It's the same font that the M30 and M40 use and since Lexicon released their own Native Reverbs, TC Electronic will be hungry for the same market.
Old 16th May 2010
  #1341
Registered User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by api2500 View Post
I reckon its TC Electronic.
It's the same font that the M30 and M40 use and since Lexicon released their own Native Reverbs, TC Electronic will be hungry for the same market.
What is TC Electronic, you've lost me?

T
Old 16th May 2010
  #1342
Shy
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Flow View Post
What is TC Electronic, you've lost me?

T
lol, he's just a little late.
Old 16th May 2010
  #1343
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
I'm imagining that once this plug is complete, between this and the PCM bundle I will never have another reverb want ever again.
I'm having similar thoughts.
Old 16th May 2010
  #1344
Gear Nut
Sorry if this has been brought up...
OK, so this plug do not come as rtas right away.
Will it include a wrapper or do we have to purchase one from fxpansion?

Svein
Old 17th May 2010
  #1345
Moderator
 
TonyBelmont's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svein View Post
Sorry if this has been brought up...
OK, so this plug do not come as rtas right away.
Will it include a wrapper or do we have to purchase one from fxpansion?

Svein
It will not include a wrapper, because within weeks of release the RTAS version should be ready. You would only need a wrapper if you want to try the beta, or use it before RTAS is ready.
Old 17th May 2010
  #1346
Gear Nut
Thanks Tony!

Good to hear that the rtas are here just weeks after release.
Fantastic plug. I have used a Lexicon 300 in my studio for some years and this plug has the same vibe. Looking forward to it

Svein
Old 18th May 2010
  #1347
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
So no RTAS testing then?

Given, the basic core is the same across platforms, so once the initial testing is completed and the bugs are worked out it'll be in better shape, but RTAS is a finicky platform that doesn't always play nice with Ver. 1.0 of any plugin.
Old 19th May 2010
  #1348
Lives for gear
 
Warp69's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
So no RTAS testing then?.
Every new function will be tested.
Old 19th May 2010
  #1349
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
Every new function will be tested.
Certainly it'll be tested internally. What I meant was: will there not be a public beta specifically for RTAS? I got the impression from Tony's post that there wouldn't be.
Old 21st May 2010
  #1350
Registered User
 

Darn it. I've been beaten by a time constraint. I have to start mixing an album on Monday, I was trying to buy time to hold out for this reverb, but after reading Warps comments on his blog, I can see it is going to be quite a few more weeks till this plugin is released :-(

Martin is clearly a perfectionist as evidenced by the shear quality of the demo algo, he is definately to be comended for waiting to get this reverb spot on.

I will definiately be buying this plugin later on in the year - unless of course UAD release the same thing, but better, but to be honest I really can't see that happening and also I'd rather have this reverb native on an ilok.

Serves me right for checking into this forum too often, now I feel like a kid that didn't get what he wanted for Xmas .... I hate being made to wait heh (stamping foot and having a tantrum!)

T
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Warp69 / Music Computers
764
leonardo777 / Music Computers
33
beatpete / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
2
TNM / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
5
seancostello / Product Alerts older than 2 months
1

Forum Jump
Forum Jump