The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 9th May 2010
Lives for gear

Some of you guys talk about presets, but my version doesn't have any.
I only find a 4k sized default.lx480 in my preset folder and nothing in the GUI.
Or did I understand something wrong ???

thanks for your help
Old 9th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosi View Post
Some of you guys talk about presets, but my version doesn't have any.
I only find a 4k sized default.lx480 in my preset folder and nothing in the GUI.
Or did I understand something wrong ???

thanks for your help
+1

I'd love to see some presets on this demo before it runs out...So far, I love it...it's a really beautiful reverb
Old 9th May 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Read the bold red text in Tony's first email about the beta. "Before using the LX480 please also download the USER NOTES on the functions keys, and PRESETS here:"
Old 9th May 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks alot
In fact, I only read the second mail bout the updated version
Old 9th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy View Post
Read the bold red text in Tony's first email about the beta. "Before using the LX480 please also download the USER NOTES on the functions keys, and PRESETS here:"
Could you please copy that bold red text into this thread?
Old 9th May 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Could you please copy that bold red text into this thread?
I already did but I'll improve it
Before using the LX480 please also download the USER NOTES on the functions keys, and PRESETS here:
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
This really sucks for some of us Digi PTHD power users( I have 2 full blown out PTHD systems on PPC macs at the studio).

More and more we are being excluded and tossed aside.

Not to mention no TDM versions of anything.
I hear ya, but you can hardly expect authors of new *native* software to write code for a processor*family that hasn't been used in any new computers in five years. I just picked up the supported Magma chassis PE6R4, and I'll grab up a Mac Pro maybe next month. It's not cheap, but I'm looking forward to using a ton more RTAS while mixing, possibly including this plug.

No TDM versions of anything? So Sonnox, TC Electronic, Waves, URS, McDSP, AudioEase and Massey don't count?

JSL
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
I would believe any Mac laptop can run 25+ instances.
Every time a cool product like this comes out, I remind myself ... you can pick up an interface with 18 digital ins and outs -- 9 stereo pairs -- for under 500 bucks these days ... and with the right DSP software, it's almost like having a System 6000. If not better.

JSL
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
not likely with their reverbs - the EMT250 is pretty light...can get 14 per DSP chip.
It's an emulation of a digital reverb from 1976. It would be embarrassing as hell if it took up any cycles at all on a DSP card introduced just last year.

JSL
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I already did but I'll improve it
Before using the LX480 please also download the USER NOTES on the functions keys, and PRESETS here:
LOL!!!

Yes, you did answered my question exactly as I asked it, but what I asked was silly. I didn't think that one through, but thanks for answering anyway. What I MEANT to ask was -- could someone post the explanation of the function keys and presets sent via Tony's email?
Old 10th May 2010

Quote:
LOL!!!

Yes, you did answered my question exactly as I asked it, but what I asked was silly. I didn't think that one through, but thanks for answering anyway. What I MEANT to ask was -- could someone post the explanation of the function keys and presets sent via Tony's email?
Are you asking for people to upload my presets and user notes?
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Are you asking for people to upload my presets and user notes?
It's a public beta - I didn't realize these notes and presets could be considered private, especially since I don't know what they are.
Old 10th May 2010
Gear Maniac
The Plug is totally self-explanatory.
At least for anyone who ever worked with any kind of lexicon reverb processor.
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

I'm gonna guess $650 Price tag.
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper_6 View Post
I'm gonna guess $650 Price tag.
Sounds like a really bad idea. I hope your guess is wrong.
Old 10th May 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro View Post
He meant MSRP, and ~$500 street price ,
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro View Post
Hmm...

Interesting, sounds like they will wait to hear general user feedback and assess what price can be charged according to how enthusiastic the response and reception is to its quality...

Otherwise there would be no need to withhold details of pricing...
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
He meant MSRP, and ~$500 street price ,
That's too much. I won't pay more than 300 $ on a plug like this. It's native, not TDM Lexicon PCM is also really too much. Cannot spend 1500$ on a reverb, c'mon.
Old 10th May 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankreverbo View Post
That's too much. I won't pay more than 300 $ on a plug like this. It's native, not TDM Lexicon PCM is also really too much. Cannot spend 1500$ on a reverb, c'mon.
+1

Do not push me into the bankruptcy,please...
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

You want to make sure you get thousands of customers instead of a few hundred that will tolerate high prices. There is no sense in pricing plugins high and having only 200 people buy it.

Sonalksis made that mistake then tried to justify their pricing, even though their plugins were above average. Lexicon has a strong reputation and if the emulation is done properly it will sell well.
Old 10th May 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw View Post
Hmm...

Interesting, sounds like they will wait to hear general user feedback and assess what price can be charged according to how enthusiastic the response and reception is to its quality...

Otherwise there would be no need to withhold details of pricing...
I don't think they need feedback to know how good the quality of the product is or will be. As far as I can hear, it's not just as good as a 480L, it's better ("HD" versions), and everyone knows the 480L is one of the most highly esteemed reverb effect processors ever.

It was said a long time ago that the price has already been set. I believe Martin is a very honest guy, and so I believe this claim, and there are understandable and generally wise to follow business reasons for not publishing a price before the product is available for purchase. I just don't think it's the place to discuss business practices, even if I know them well.

Since I'll be able to get a proper replacement for a 480L for MUCH less than $5000, minus the interface, processing power and various other problems, I'm happy.
Old 10th May 2010
Gear Head

Since I'll be able to get a proper replacement for a 480L for MUCH less than $5000, minus the interface, processing power and various other problems, I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

I`m worry...how much less...?
Old 10th May 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobos View Post
I`m worry...how much less...?
Well, since it was said it will be much cheaper than Lexicon's PCM Native bundle, quite enough less.
Old 10th May 2010
Gear Head

Question (for those who may know, or have an idea):

How was the Lexicon LX480 algorithm developed?

This info "may" give us a better idea how closely the LX480 could match the 480L. Having said that, I do have the beta version and it does sound good. I do not have a 480L, but it does seem to have some of the vibe, It's hard to tell one-for-one. I have worked with the 480L in the past. I need to work more with this plugin over the next couple weeks.

One thing we do know (This info is shared by the Lexicon coder himself for the PCM Native Bundle) is that the PCM Native Bundle IS the algorithm used from the PCM96, so there's nothing artificial about this.

One thing for sure is the PCM Bundle has "that" highend Leixon sound while allowing the source sounds not to cloud up and end up sounding like the source with reverb.
Old 10th May 2010
Gear Maniac

What's the price? I remember someone said the price had been set when the development started.
Old 10th May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vx2000 View Post
How was the Lexicon LX480 algorithm developed?
Through a long term and intensive modeling process.

Quote:
This info "may" give us a better idea how closely the LX480 could match the 480L.
Listening for yourself will give you all you need to know.

I believe there is no possible way you can get closer to the 480 than this plugin.
Old 10th May 2010

Quote:
especially since I don't know what they are.
They are the TONY presets.... there are short, medium and large halls (both with and without delays), a jazz hall, a church hall, and various other presets that I made..

The user notes is a quick reference guide I assembled for people not familiar with the 480.
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

OK, I have tested it and so far I like it. Some questions here, please:

- What is the HD mode and where can I find/activate it?
- Is there a way to synchronize parameters between reverb A and B in order to use it as a true stereo reverb and change important things like reverb time parallelly on both?
- Is this in any way licensed by Lexicon? (I suppose no but still wanted to ask).

Thanks
Hannes
Old 10th May 2010
Gear Nut

OK, so I guess the price will not be announced now, but any expected date that the price would be announced? I'm in the market for a reverb right now and would like to know if it's gonna be anytime soon so that I can do proper budgeting.
Old 10th May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes_F View Post
OK, I have tested it and so far I like it. Some questions here, please:

- What is the HD mode and where can I find/activate it?
- Is there a way to synchronize parameters between reverb A and B in order to use it as a true stereo reverb and change important things like reverb time parallelly on both?
- Is this in any way licensed by Lexicon? (I suppose no but still wanted to ask).

Thanks
Hannes
In the first picture below you will see in the top right corner it says "Random Hall" with an arrow pointing down next to it. Click on the arrow and you can select the HD version.

The setup page in the second picture shows where you can route the two different engines, etc. You access this page by pressing the blue "SETUP" button.
Attached Thumbnails
Relab LX480-random-hall.jpg   Relab LX480-setup-page.jpg  
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search