The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 19th November 2009
  #91
Gear Maniac
nice one BIG_MYDUS
Old 19th November 2009
  #92
Shy
Lives for gear
 

Oh yes, the grayed out one! My brain automatically ignores them.
Old 19th November 2009
  #93
Lives for gear
 
Vocalvoodoo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_MYDUS View Post
Look close at the last greyed out pic and look at the plug in pic again.
Yep yep! The settings on the plugin discounts pic and the relab pic are identical. Nice find!
Old 19th November 2009
  #94
Gear Maniac
 
BIG_MYDUS's Avatar
 

The first greyed out pic is a AMS RMX16
Old 19th November 2009
  #95
ValhallaDSP
 
seancostello's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_MYDUS View Post
Heeeeyyyyy!!!! Here you go boys it is warp69 (relab) and it looks like hes doing the AMS RMX16 too. Follow link quick before they take it down lol thumbsup

RELAB DEVELOPMENT | DSP Audio Technology
I just see pictures, no links.

The SSL X-Verb and CSR are up there. The RMX-16 could be the algorithms for the Bricasti that Casey mentioned. The fourth picture looks very LARCy, but this doesn't presume 480L, nor that this is the plugin in question. Nice graphic, btw.

It is possible (and given current trends, probable) that there a fair number of "classic" reverb plugins in the works out there. Warp69 has repeatedly demonstrated his skills in this area, but Europe is a big place. My guess is that there are a few 480L-ish plugins in the works with different manufacturers.
Old 19th November 2009
  #96
Lives for gear
 
jamwerks's Avatar
 

Come to think about it, the 3 day TC deal was undoubtedly just a way for them to get serveral thousand email addresses, of the young ravished, reverb hungry, credit card ready, folks for a new reverb product...
Old 19th November 2009
  #97
Gear Maniac
 
BIG_MYDUS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
I just see pictures, no links.

The SSL X-Verb and CSR are up there. The RMX-16 could be the algorithms for the Bricasti that Casey mentioned. The fourth picture looks very LARCy, but this doesn't presume 480L, nor that this is the plugin in question. Nice graphic, btw.

It is possible (and given current trends, probable) that there a fair number of "classic" reverb plugins in the works out there. Warp69 has repeatedly demonstrated his skills in this area, but Europe is a big place. My guess is that there are a few 480L-ish plugins in the works with different manufacturers.
Seriously dude?! Those are plug-in gui's look closer I'd put my life on it...hmmmm maybe your trying to throw us off the scent but i'm not having it lol. That is the new plug in that pic...(in my opinion)
Old 19th November 2009
  #98
Shy
Lives for gear
 

The parameter settings are identical to those in the pic on Tony's site, so.. unless that's a common initial preset, this must be it.
Old 19th November 2009
  #99
ValhallaDSP
 
seancostello's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_MYDUS View Post
Seriously dude?! Those are plug-in gui's look closer I'd put my life on it...hmmmm maybe your trying to throw us off the scent but i'm not having it lol. That is the new plug in that pic...(in my opinion)
You might be right. My main Internet connection is down (literally - the cable got ripped down by a falling tree) so I'm using my iPhone for browsing. Very slow, and hard to compare images. Plus, by the time I finished typing with my thumb, another 5 messages can be posted.

Some of us reverb guys talk in private, but we tend to keep upcoming business arrangements to ourselves. So I really have no inside info about this.
Old 19th November 2009
  #100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_MYDUS View Post
Heeeeyyyyy!!!! Here you go boys it is warp69 (relab) and it looks like hes doing the AMS RMX16 too. Follow link quick before they take it down lol thumbsup

RELAB DEVELOPMENT | DSP Audio Technology



Your welcome!!
good call! So it is warp69 after all....AND AN AMX! SWEET!

Lets hope they are priced reasonably...
Old 19th November 2009
  #101
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander View Post
so if its not developed by lexicon themselfes...why would anyone get excited?
i dont want to spoil the fun but any company can programm a reverb plugin and make it look like a 480. so as long as this thing doesnt use the original alogarithms (and im sure it doesn't) its just marketing cr*p. id rater go for the lexicon native bundle instead.
I feel the same way. I'd rather get the real thing and from what I heard it's sounds like it. Who cares if it sounds exactly like a 480. The pcm96 sounds great to my ears and has the legacy reverbs.
Old 19th November 2009
  #102
Lives for gear
 
TheMarqueeYears's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
I say first person who guesses the answer should get a license free.

Just to make this melee more insane...

- c
OK to add to the mystery

Maybe the plugin is by Cassey himself, isn't he an ex Lexman, he has the knowledge to do it, (did he work on the original 480?)

He has cornered the hardware market, now he can be the brains behind a plugin 480.

Thus he gives the seal of approval to his own plugin .... no thinking about it he would never do that, too much integrity.

Oh well, just a thought.

TMY
Old 19th November 2009
  #103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I feel the same way. I'd rather get the real thing and from what I heard it's sounds like it. Who cares if it sounds exactly like a 480. The pcm96 sounds great to my ears and has the legacy reverbs.
yeah why not get the real thing...apart from 1699 reasons
Old 19th November 2009
  #104
Gear Maniac
what's missing with all these plugins is a remote control.
i think it's way more fun tweaking things with real knobs and faders than with a mouse.

if only lexicon would offer a larc for the pcm native bundle...
Old 19th November 2009
  #105
Lives for gear
 
jamwerks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprawl View Post
what's missing with all these plugins is a remote control.
Get a Novation Zero SL MKII
Old 19th November 2009
  #106
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks View Post
Get a Novation Zero SL MKII
good idea.
sadly it's to big and has to many cables to put it on the console.

but as more and more people have some kind of control surface thats the way to go obviously.

point taken.

cheers
Old 19th November 2009
  #107
personally if a mouse is usable for any audio mixing/production application I would say its reverb.
Old 19th November 2009
  #108
Lives for gear
 
tobymusic's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper24 View Post
Casey said in this thread "Denmark" !!!!!
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/4790375-post72.html

Soo.. only ONE option:: warp69
Very well done, detectives!
Old 19th November 2009
  #109
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
personally if a mouse is usable for any audio mixing/production application I would say its reverb.
yes, I really like TC's interface for their VSS3 f.e.
simple and very mousable ....
Old 19th November 2009
  #110
Lives for gear
 

Well, if it's going to sound like the IK CSR things, I couldn't care for it...
Eyecandy FTW?
I have those but I can never get them sit properly in a mix.
Unlike any actual Lexicon.
Old 19th November 2009
  #111
Shy
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor View Post
Well, if it's going to sound like the IK CSR things, I couldn't care for it...
Eyecandy FTW?
I have those but I can never get them sit properly in a mix.
Unlike any actual Lexicon.
I have a serious doubt as well, even though Casey says it nails the sound, so I guess I'll just wait and hear.
Old 19th November 2009
  #112
Lives for gear
 
thermos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor View Post
Well, if it's going to sound like the IK CSR things, I couldn't care for it...
Eyecandy FTW?
I have those but I can never get them sit properly in a mix.
Unlike any actual Lexicon.
NO! It won't! If you've heard X-Verb, you see how far this developer has come (reeeeeeealllly reeeeeeallly far).
Old 19th November 2009
  #113
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
yeah why not get the real thing...apart from 1699 reasons
heh I see what you mean but I find the price quite logical and reasonable. Of course I'd like it cheaper. Look at the price of a pcm96. Subtract the materials and labor for the actuall hardware and then you have the price of the plugin with just the algorithms. Plus you have to factor in that they are going to somewhat cannibalize their hardware sales. I have several hardware Lexies but if I can get a plugin with the same quality why should I buy anymore hardware from them? Plus you can run many instances with the plug. Great deal when placed in context.
Old 19th November 2009
  #114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
good call! So it is warp69 after all....AND AN AMX! SWEET!

Lets hope they are priced reasonably...
You mean RMX, but I wish it came with an AMX... all time coolest muscle car...
Attached Thumbnails
Relab LX480-amc-amx-1968c.jpg  
Old 19th November 2009
  #115
Moderator
 
TonyBelmont's Avatar
 

Good detective work folks.

Here's screenshots of the early reflections, time, and filter GUI windows:





Old 20th November 2009
  #116
Lives for gear
 

You know Tony I thought you uploaded the same picture 3 times untill I looked again and focused on the screen
Old 20th November 2009
  #117
Gear Maniac
 

So I guess this one (like CSR) will be distributed by Ik multimedia?
I wasent that far off then...
Looking forward to the demo.

Good work Big Mydus.
Daniel
Old 20th November 2009
  #118
Lives for gear
 
lordnielson's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Flores View Post
Good work Big Mydus.

Happened way earlier


Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper24 View Post
hmm Casey did also mention Denmark..
So we only have one option: Warp69

- the man behind CRS-1 reverbs and some plugs for the pulsar platform.
Old 20th November 2009
  #119
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnielson View Post
Happened way earlier
mydus provided the confirming evidence-that previous comment was speculation.
Old 20th November 2009
  #120
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
mydus provided the confirming evidence-that previous comment was speculation.



so BIG MYDUS, next question, how much will these things cost?
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Warp69 / Music Computers
764
leonardo777 / Music Computers
33
beatpete / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
2
TNM / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
5
seancostello / Product Alerts older than 2 months
1

Forum Jump
Forum Jump