The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 7th May 2010
  #1141
Gear Maniac
 
HockeyMike's Avatar
 

Yeah, if this sucker is priced right I'm buying it, a no brainer. Really sounds nice. Tried the med hall + echoes on a smoove R&B vocal and smiles all around heh Can't wait to hear the other algos.

What's the HD setting some people are referring to? Found the analog/digital setting in Setup, don't see HD anywhere.
Old 8th May 2010
  #1142
Gear Maniac
 
HockeyMike's Avatar
 

And also thank you for making it CPU efficient. I imagine UAD's inevitable version (considering their partnership with Harmon) will take half a processor chip to run one instance the way they've been coding things lately

224XL next!
Old 8th May 2010
  #1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMike View Post
And also thank you for making it CPU efficient. I imagine UAD's inevitable version (considering their partnership with Harmon) will take half a processor chip to run one instance the way they've been coding things lately

224XL next!
not likely with their reverbs - the EMT250 is pretty light...can get 14 per DSP chip.
Old 8th May 2010
  #1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
Warp69, from a KVR post (KVR: Lexicon 480L Reverb):

"The other Hall algorithm will sound even more lush. The Random Hall is far from dreamy compared to the other Hall."

It's just a hunch, but my guess is that this upcoming algorithm will have some of that 224XL mojo in it.
Wohohoooo !
Old 8th May 2010
  #1145
Registered User
 

Now I have a problem.

I have an album to mix (it will take about 8 weeks in total) so what should I do.

I was thinking, I could use 480 impulses in a convo plugin to get the vibe then cross my fingers the full fat 480XL comes out in time before I need to cut the mixes.

If the 480XL isn't out for 3 months then I'm screwed!

What's the golden rule here, only mix with the tools you have in the bag at the time you mix.

I seriously love this reverb, but I have a feeling the timing isn't going to go my way for this project. Darn it!

T
Old 8th May 2010
  #1146
Lives for gear
 
everythinglouder's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Flow View Post

I seriously love this reverb
A-f*cking-men.
Old 8th May 2010
  #1147
Lives for gear
 

The sound is awesome, can't wait to try the other algos!
XP + Live 8.1.3 + Q9400 running on 3.2 Ghz it eats 4%, with analog it's 5% with dual engine it's 8%, little bit more than the Lexis.
Good job Relab & Phonoxone!
Old 8th May 2010
  #1148
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Flow View Post
What's the golden rule here, only mix with the tools you have in the bag at the time you mix.
Yes. Unless you enjoy shooting yourself in the foot.
Old 8th May 2010
  #1149
Registered User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Yes. Unless you enjoy shooting yourself in the foot.
Thanks, your right. I just needed to hear it from someone else!

I will keep an eye on the thread and hope that the software becomes available soon, although the track record doesn't look good for a quick release.

T
Old 8th May 2010
  #1150
Lives for gear
 
Kyle Ashley's Avatar
 

I'm also about 3 weeks away from mixing an album and would love to include this, but I can't hold up the schedule so I can only hope it's available in time.
Old 8th May 2010
  #1151
Gear Maniac
I can´t load the plugin in Logic 8, - it passes AU-validation allright and appears in the AU-val list, but does not appear in the channel insert menu. Restarted my mac, repaired permissions but still no luck.
Strange thing is, that the plugin loads fine as AU in Reaper!
In return it crashes Reaper as VST, (ran it in buggy mode as well as unbuggy mode...).
I´ve installed the new b-version of the plug.

I´m I the only one having these issues?
Old 8th May 2010
  #1152
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMike View Post
And also thank you for making it CPU efficient. I imagine UAD's inevitable version (considering their partnership with Harmon) will take half a processor chip to run one instance the way they've been coding things lately

224XL next!
What Lexicon Verbs are UA modeling?
Old 8th May 2010
  #1153
Registered User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
I'm also about 3 weeks away from mixing an album and would love to include this, but I can't hold up the schedule so I can only hope it's available in time.
Mr Warp,

See your fans are getting desperate.

You don't need sleep, it's overated heh

I'm really getting into the demo, you have so captured the vibe, it's brilliant really
(Casey said you nailed it and as ever he was right)

.... and I know it's childish, but the GUI is fantastic, it's realistic, it's great fun and it's inspiring IMHO.

Please get this ready for sale on Monday morning!

Best
T
Old 8th May 2010
  #1154
Gear Maniac
So far i like it better than the PCM native bundle.
And it's much easier to work with than with a real 480.
If the other algos are as good i'm going to sell my lex hardware.


@Warp
Are you going to emulate only the reverbs of the 480 or will the other effect programs follow aswell?
pitch/doppler, compressor, mastering, delays etc...

cheers
Old 9th May 2010
  #1155
Shy
Lives for gear
 

Exclamation

Here is that familiar slapback reverb effect used in many electronic dance music tracks, that nothing can do quite like the 480L (until now, that is).

wav
preset

A bummer, though, and a bug report: values are doubled when I use this preset (which I made in a 88.2kHz Cubase 5 project) in a 44.1kHz project.
Old 9th May 2010
  #1156
Lives for gear
 
carloff's Avatar
I must say this plugin is amazing...better than PCM plug...
Old 9th May 2010
  #1157
Lives for gear
 
Warp69's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefonia View Post
I can´t load the plugin in Logic 8, - it passes AU-validation allright and appears in the AU-val list, but does not appear in the channel insert menu. Restarted my mac, repaired permissions but still no luck.
Strange thing is, that the plugin loads fine as AU in Reaper!
In return it crashes Reaper as VST, (ran it in buggy mode as well as unbuggy mode...).
I´ve installed the new b-version of the plug.

I´m I the only one having these issues?
We haven't received any reports about any issues with Logic 8 besides this one - we'll of course look at it. The same goes for the Reaper crash.
Old 9th May 2010
  #1158
Lives for gear
 
Warp69's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy View Post
A bummer, though, and a bug report: values are doubled when I use this preset (which I made in a 88.2kHz Cubase 5 project) in a 44.1kHz project.
Actually - 88.2kHz or 96kHz shouldn't have worked in this beta - some of the functions haven't been implemented with 88.2kHz or 96kHz support yet. I have received reports regarding use of samplerates above 48kHz.
Old 9th May 2010
  #1159
Lives for gear
 
Warp69's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprawl View Post
Are you going to emulate only the reverbs of the 480 or will the other effect programs follow aswell?
pitch/doppler, compressor, mastering, delays etc...
Unfortunately no - I don't have any plans of emulating other than reverbs and delays from the 480L. I have actually never used the other algorithms - maybe I should take a closer look?
Old 9th May 2010
  #1160
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
We haven't received any reports about any issues with Logic 8 besides this one - we'll of course look at it. The same goes for the Reaper crash.
Here are my system specs just in case:

iMac 3.06 Ghz (the new model) 4 GB RAM, OS 10.6.3,
Logic 8.0.2,
Reaper 3.51 - May 2, 2010.

Edit: Might add that I usually don´t have any issues with plugins
Old 9th May 2010
  #1161
Lives for gear
 
Warp69's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Flow View Post
Please get this ready for sale on Monday morning!
Well, ehmmm. Unlikely Im afraid. I have no intention of rushing the product - only the fine tuning is left and bug fixing.

Some people (well, a lot infact) thinks that the display is very hard to read and they want a way to turn off the reflections etc. Im looking into a display setup page where you can modify the hue, brightness and amount of effects.
Old 9th May 2010
  #1162
Lives for gear
 
Warp69's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefonia View Post
Here are my system specs just in case:

iMac 3.06 Ghz (the new model) 4 GB RAM, OS 10.6.3,
Logic 8.0.2,
Reaper 3.51 - May 2, 2010.

Edit: Might add that I usually don´t have any issues with plugins
Thank you.
Old 9th May 2010
  #1163
Registered User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
Well, ehmmm. Unlikely Im afraid. I have no intention of rushing the product - only the fine tuning is left and bug fixing.

Some people (well, a lot infact) thinks that the display is very hard to read and they want a way to turn off the reflections etc. Im looking into a display setup page where you can modify the hue, brightness and amount of effects.
Alright, Tuesday then. heh

Seriously though, you are a perfectionist, and that's the resaon this reverb sounds so fab.

I'll be patient.

Best
T
Old 9th May 2010
  #1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
Well, ehmmm. Unlikely Im afraid. I have no intention of rushing the product - only the fine tuning is left and bug fixing.

Some people (well, a lot infact) thinks that the display is very hard to read and they want a way to turn off the reflections etc. Im looking into a display setup page where you can modify the hue, brightness and amount of effects.
Martin - do you think that when pressing the white buttons on the LARC the display should follow? Eq to adjust the filter you press 'filter' but also have to press the filter display button to see the graph...
Old 9th May 2010
  #1165
Lives for gear
 
Warp69's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
Martin - do you think that when pressing the white buttons on the LARC the display should follow? Eq to adjust the filter you press 'filter' but also have to press the filter display button to see the graph...
It was not my intention. I like that the white buttons and the display is independent - that way you can control a lot of parameters without changing fader page or display page.

But others have suggested the link between buttons and display - Im not sure yet.
Old 9th May 2010
  #1166
Lives for gear
 
EddieTheRed's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
It was not my intention. I like that the white buttons and the display is independent - that way you can control a lot of parameters without changing fader page or display page.

But others have suggested the link between buttons and display - Im not sure yet.
I like the Reaper approach . . .

If there are any requests like this which work well both ways, and there's demand, and its' easy to implement, just add an option.
Old 9th May 2010
  #1167
Gear Maniac
 

RE: Verb

RTAS please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
Well, ehmmm. Unlikely Im afraid. I have no intention of rushing the product - only the fine tuning is left and bug fixing.

Some people (well, a lot infact) thinks that the display is very hard to read and they want a way to turn off the reflections etc. Im looking into a display setup page where you can modify the hue, brightness and amount of effects.
Old 9th May 2010
  #1168
Lives for gear
 
Dusty Angel's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele27 View Post
RTAS please.
+1
Old 9th May 2010
  #1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
It was not my intention. I like that the white buttons and the display is independent - that way you can control a lot of parameters without changing fader page or display page.

But others have suggested the link between buttons and display - Im not sure yet.
I prefer this behaviour as well. More info on the screen at once and the ability to edit 2 pages at a time if you wish.
Unfortunately I broke the cardinal rule of not using beta stuff on mixes with this plug, so I must have it!
I will say that this and the new LXP bundle will be algo verb heaven for me,the cleanliness of the 96 and the mojo of the 480!
Amazing times for ITB verb, the best it's ever been imo.
Old 9th May 2010
  #1170
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
Well, ehmmm. Unlikely Im afraid. I have no intention of rushing the product - only the fine tuning is left and bug fixing.

Some people (well, a lot infact) thinks that the display is very hard to read and they want a way to turn off the reflections etc. Im looking into a display setup page where you can modify the hue, brightness and amount of effects.
Well, thats great news!!!
Please tell us the estimated pricerange of this reverb....

best regards
Wolfgang Sperner
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Warp69 / Music Computers
764
leonardo777 / Music Computers
33
beatpete / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
2
TNM / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
5
seancostello / Product Alerts older than 2 months
1

Forum Jump
Forum Jump