The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankreverbo View Post
To all the peeps that will have their iLok assets for the beta: don't forget to say "BEST REVERB I'VE EVER LISTEN TO" after trying it! It's part of the game
I guess you think manufacturers expect positive reviews from their testers. Certainly they hope for it, but they most know that most people will say what they feel. I, for one, will be giving my honest opinion.
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Addict

There is the new plug factor. If the plug is good (which it probably will be) then it will seem amazing to many because of the anticipation and newness factor. Then it will either blend into the background or turn out to really be amazing after a couple months. Didn't CSR get a lot of love at the time of release? Mind you, I feel pretty confident this one will be better. Wow, page 35!
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Blanchardon View Post
Is a "surround version" on the tracks as I may have read it somewhere on this thread or was it just a fellow slut wish/speculation ? (see you post 4000 ! heh)
We have been looking at surround algorithms - but they will sound quite (read: very) different compared to the algorithms in the initial release.
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
We have been looking at surround algorithms - but they will sound quite (read: very) different compared to the algorithms in the initial release.
Thanks for the reply Martin !

No problem here, as long as it sounds good and add something valuable to our choices of software surround reverbs which are, unfortunately, quite poor (if you except convolution reverbs).

Stéphane.
Old 4th May 2010

Heads up... I'll be sending the Mac AU, and VST beta.... as well as the PC VST beta tomorrow!
Old 4th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Heads up... I'll be sending the Mac AU, and VST beta.... as well as the PC VST beta tomorrow!
Old 5th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankreverbo View Post
To all the peeps that will have their iLok assets for the beta: don't forget to say "BEST REVERB I'VE EVER LISTEN TO" after trying it! It's part of the game
I am going to give this LX480 a serious test run vs an original Lexicon hardware 480L instead.

Are we tomorrow already ?
Old 5th May 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by noize_organizer View Post
I am going to give this LX480 a serious test run vs an original Lexicon hardware 480L instead.

Are we tomorrow already ?
Much appreciated if you are willing to make that test thumbsup
Old 5th May 2010
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam View Post
Much appreciated if you are willing to make that test thumbsup
I have a feeling that he won't be the only one.
Old 6th May 2010

I am sending the licenses right now.... You should all have the ilok code, Mac AU & Mac/ PC VST installers, user notes & presets over the next few hours.
Old 6th May 2010
Gear Nut

Got mine!!!
Thank you so much!

Installing NOW! hehhehheh
Old 6th May 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
I am sending the licenses right now.... You should all have the ilok code, Mac AU & Mac/ PC VST installers, user notes & presets over the next few hours.
put me on the list, please...
Old 6th May 2010
OK I guess I'll be the first. I got the random hall and random hall hd algos from Tony. So far I've just run drums through the LX480.
It sounds great! This algo left a better first impression than the Lex native.
I don't have a 480 to compare it to but it does sound very familiar. Very deep and wide. Tons of control. Great gui. Can't wait to hear the other algos. Different engine configs, very cool. The analogue input emulation is great.
Yeah this is a great plug!! Can't wait to hear the rest of the algos. Off to run vocals through it.
Great stuff Relab!
Old 6th May 2010
Here for the gear

Re: Mystery plug-in leak

It's 3:20 at night in Germany, but i stand up and tried it after all the months of waiting ...

And YEP the LX480 sounds really really great - after switching from digital to analog in setup - and using the HD Algo

Greets,
Guru Bug
Old 6th May 2010
Just ran vox through it and it sounds wonderful,first class.
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks Tony. REALLY digging this thing. Can't wait to check out the full version.
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley View Post
Thanks Tony. REALLY digging this thing. Can't wait to check out the full version.
I believe Martin also had a little something to do with it...
Old 6th May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley View Post
Glad you are enjoying it...

Also, for those that haven't received it yet.... Sit tight. I got 2/3rd's through the list and my ISP shut me down. I can't send anymore emails for a few more hours. Hopefully I'll get some more out later tonight. Worst case you'll have it when I get in tomorrow.
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I believe Martin also had a little something to do with it...

Yes yes.. I meant for the demo license in my e-mail. You know that.
Old 6th May 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

Fantastic quality!

Here is a sample. Dry sample taken from here (thanks, Bryan)

Preset file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Shy's Random Hall HD 1.zip (327 Bytes, 131 views)
Old 6th May 2010
Is anyone having problems wrapping the mac VST for RTAS?

The VST is not letting itself be wrapped for some reason.
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

Excellent Martin. Thanks for taking a stand on quality! Congrats.

-Casey
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Excellent Martin. Thanks for taking a stand on quality! Congrats.

-Casey
Yep! +1

Some sound examples LX480 sound example
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
Is anyone having problems wrapping the mac VST for RTAS?

The VST is not letting itself be wrapped for some reason.
This will be our first priority to fix the above.

And of course the already mentioned bugs (blame on me).

You're more than welcome to use beta (AT) relab (AT) dk for letting us know issues/bugs/suggestions.

I was hoping to create a beta forum, but I do have some problems with that.
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

Congratulations with the release!
Old 6th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy View Post
Preset file attached.
That is another good aspect of plug-ins I had forgotten : the exange-ability of presets.
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Gotta Gun View Post
327 bytes! Did you cut the tail a little short in your sample?
Click the word "here" in the middle of his post - NOT the ZIP file. Yeah, it's odd.
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

LX480 vs PCM Native - Random Hall 4 sec

I've put some string section clusters through the Relab LX 480 and the PCM Native Random Hall. Analog I/O in LX480 is disabled. Files are RMS matched.

48K, 24-bit.

RT and filters are closely matched. Shape and spread, sorta.

MP3s are attached; here are mediafire links for AIF:

Strings_LX480.aif

Strings_PCM_Native.aif
Attached Files

Strings_LX480.mp3 (1.42 MB, 453 views)

Strings_PCM_Native.mp3 (1.42 MB, 446 views)

Old 6th May 2010
Gear Addict

thanks tony for sending us these e-mails !

i've never used a real 480, but i've tried the PCM96 plugin (thanks to Tony, again). here are my very first impressions, based on a 10 minutes use, so take it with a grain of salt

the PCM96 made me think "woah, it sounds like a real room !". you can actually imagine what the room looks like. it has that 3Dness i never did hear before using those grainy impulse responses with Space Designer

the LX480 Random Hall sounds more grainy & less "realistic" to me than the PCM96, which isn't of course a bad thing since both sounds have their use. I guess you the PCM96 can do grainy as well...

but the LX480 has that 3Dness too, something really lacking from IRs, so i think the LX480 is a much better alternative to IRs. the analog mode is really not a gimmick, giving a real new color to the sound.

of course, these are just first impressions !
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by taa4j6 View Post

the LX480 Random Hall sounds more grainy & less "realistic" to me than the PCM96, which isn't of course a bad thing since both sounds have their use. I guess you the PCM96 can do grainy as well...
That is exactly my opinion. Which is why i like LX480 Random Hall. But i couldn't get that kind of grainy effect with PCM. PCM Random Hall seems to be high tech emulation of real space (which is also good imo) - LX480 seems to have unique grainy effect. It is probably ok to say that this LX480 "grainy" character i am speaking about does not have anything with often "grainy" and metallic mushy sound found in 90% software reverbs at least not in my book.

LX480 Random Hall is more kinda dreamy
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search