The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 26th April 2010
Lives for gear

According to the 2 greyed pictures, there are 2 plugins in the works.

So this "mystery" (not so anymore) one, 480 reverb emu, and another mysterious one...

Nothing has been said about the other one, right ?
Old 26th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-slash View Post
nothing has been said about the other one, right ?
ams rmx-16
Old 26th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
ams rmx-16
Thanks. Interesting times...
Old 27th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Well the thing about Apple is generally when they announce a product it will either start shipping immediately or very very soon.
An Apple employee got fired for showing an iPad to Steve Wozniak.
Product secrecy is good for Apple and should be strictly enforced.
Old 27th April 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
ams rmx-16
Errr i a ma bit late obviously..Where did you hear that?
Old 27th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
Errr i a ma bit late obviously..Where did you hear that?
RELAB DEVELOPMENT | DSP Audio Technology
Old 27th April 2010

A public beta of the LX480 should be available for download on Monday. More details coming soon.
Old 27th April 2010
Gear Maniac

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
Old 27th April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
A public beta of the LX480 should be available for download on Monday. More details coming soon.

Hello!!!!! Can't wait thumbsup
Old 27th April 2010
Gear Maniac
Yay! This is good news!
Old 27th April 2010
Gear Addict

There we go!! Can't wait to test it! After all those rumors I started to think that warp sold the algo to a major company like waves or so...
Old 27th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 View Post
There we go!! Can't wait to test it! After all those rumors I started to think that warp sold the algo to a major company like waves or so...
Would have been a very wise move by Waves, IMO... there is not a single reverb in the whole Mercury bundle that I find somehow "decent"... Waves is completely missing the target in the "reverb department"
Old 28th April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Hey Tony,
don't forget I am on your beta testers' list ;-)

The good ol' 480 grand ma is waiting for the LX ...
Old 28th April 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

"Public" so I don't suppose anyone needs to be on a mailing list.
Looking forward.
Old 28th April 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by noize_organizer View Post
Hey Tony,
don't forget I am on your beta testers' list ;-)

The good ol' 480 grand ma is waiting for the LX ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy View Post
"Public" so I don't suppose anyone needs to be on a mailing list.
Looking forward.
Most likely, I will be taking care of getting the betas out to people, as their site is not up and running yet. Those who have emailed me will get it the minute it is available.

As I said before, though... more details coming soon.
Old 29th April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
i guess you are talking about the CSR, which is based on a 7 years old algo and you haven't heard X-Verb which was done by the same guy, am i right?
CSR sounds like ass? Guess most of you missed this: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...ative-fun.html.
Old 29th April 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool View Post
CSR sounds like ass? Guess most of you missed this: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...ative-fun.html.
I bought CSR when it came out. Tried to use it for a bit but was never happy with it and eventually sold it, and got real Lexicon units. Life was good. Then the PCM bundle came out and life was even better. You can certainly make CSR sound "good" but with Lexicon it's a lot more effortless. But I look forward in checking out this new 480 too.
Old 29th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Still sounds like ass. This plug won't though for sure. Looking forward to trying it!
Old 30th April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Go figure.... I remember a verb plug shootout where everyone tried to match a particularly sweet PCM tail, and no one could come very close (I did a bunch of blind listening) The CSR example was far from the mark.
Old 30th April 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-sharp View Post
Go figure.... I remember a verb plug shootout where everyone tried to match a particularly sweet PCM tail, and no one could come very close (I did a bunch of blind listening) The CSR example was far from the mark.
Yep...if that is true(far from the mark) then that is proving that person using CSR simply does not know how to use it..
Old 30th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-sharp View Post
I remember CSR being naturally cleaner than the typical PCM sound so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it didn't nail a Lexicon decay.
Old 30th April 2010
Gear Addict

Welp, there are some people who insist it sounds like ass, some people who could barely tell the difference, and some who liked it better. De gustibus, non est disputandum, eh?
Old 30th April 2010
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Welp, there are some people who insist it sounds like ass, some people who could barely tell the difference, and some who liked it better.
And you can bet your Grandma that it will be the same case with the new LX480 plugin.
Old 30th April 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprawl View Post
And you can bet your Grandma that it will be the same case with the new LX480 plugin.
From what I have heard so far I don't think it will be the case. Sounded really good on the samples posted so far.
Old 1st May 2010
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
From what I have heard so far I don't think it will be the case. Sounded really good on the samples posted so far.
Yeah i think so too.
We'll see if it's good enough to get rid of the lex hardware.

I hope so.
Old 1st May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprawl View Post
Yeah i think so too.
We'll see if it's good enough to get rid of the lex hardware.

I hope so.
Afaik, there are very few samples of it, so it still needs to prove its excellence, to my opinion.

But, yes, I'd better stay ITB with reverbs, so let's hope it solves the "should I spare for that 480L or not ?" question once for all...

Monday, please !
Old 1st May 2010
Gear Addict

How strange - normally everyone hates Monday - but for sure not the coming one
Old 1st May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 View Post
How strange - normally everyone hates Monday - but for sure not the coming one
Something tells me it won't be Monday. I'm very anxious to finally try it - don't get me wrong - but I'm hearing voices (not the usual ones) and they sense another announcement which was announced before the real announcement.
Old 1st May 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Something tells me it won't be Monday. I'm very anxious to finally try it - don't get me wrong - but I'm hearing voices (not the usual ones) and they sense another announcement which was announced before the real announcement.
So you think it was just an announcement that Monday there would be an announcement?
Old 1st May 2010
Lives for gear

Just saying that over the past five months there have already been a lot of announcements which weren't announcements, so it's getting tough to sift the cream from the fat.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search