The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 15th April 2010
its actually pretty cool how much people are waiting for this - as its great for an independent developer to get support and a successful release.
Old 18th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
its actually pretty cool how much people are waiting for this - as its great for an independent developer to get support and a successful release.
or their downfall if it turns out to be on the same level as their previous releases. why is anybode even excited about this? the guys at lexicon have their own plugin - which is great. the company doing this plugin have absolutely nothing to do with lexicon and simply try to make money of their reputation. i know one reverb plugin they did - which sounded like ass and was hyped just as bad as this one is. but hell, if you want to buy it (if it ever gets released) go for it. i personally am happy with the real deal - the lexicon bundle.

ps: im sorry if this comes across as a negative post. but i simply can't stand companies that rip off other brands reputation without having any access to their knowledge or technology. its just wrong. and i personally this is nothing but subtle copyright infringement to me. like most u47/1073 clones out there. and dont even get me started on telefunken usa :-)
Old 18th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander View Post
the company doing this plugin have absolutely nothing to do with lexicon and simply try to make money of their reputation. i know one reverb plugin they did - which sounded like ass and was hyped just as bad as this one is.
i guess you are talking about the CSR, which is based on a 7 years old algo and you haven't heard X-Verb which was done by the same guy, am i right?
Old 18th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander View Post
ps: im sorry if this comes across as a negative post.
(I laughed out loud at that. Most naive statement of the week)

Uh, yeah, your post was harsh. But also terribly ill-informed. So much so that you've wiped away any chance at credibility. The people on GS know Warp's work, his reputation, his ethics, and the level of perfection at which he operates well enough to call bull**** when they read your post. At least I do.

I hope I'm not coming across as negative though.

I'm curious - what point were you hoping to make? That he shouldn't use Lexicon's name? Or that he shouldn't release a product when Lexicon already have something similar? They don't, actually. They haven't recreated the 480L. Or do you feel that emulations in general are below you? Personally, I'd hate to be without some of the incredible re-releases I use every day. Thank god for people like Warp, and for the work of UAD, and all the others.
Old 18th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
...you haven't heard X-Verb which was done by the same guy, am i right?
I'll bet a borrowed testicle that he hasn't. If he has, there's hidden animosity which won't be revealed. Because to call X-Verb "ass" would be certifiably crazy.
Old 18th April 2010
Gear Maniac
I'm pretty happy about warps work too. i know it takes long.
MUCH longer than i expected but i hope this is for the good of the product.
i bought the lexicon plugin bundle and i think it's much better than any plugin out there at the moment. I'm not sure if it's better than my Lex hardware. I haven't done any shootout though and maybe i'm just used to my hardware.
I'm still totally curious about warps plugin. What he did so far was really good. CSR was ok, X-Verb even better! I think this could be a winner.

Casey said warp nailed the 480 sound and i think this really means something.

peace
Old 19th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprawl View Post
Casey said warp nailed the 480 sound and i think this really means something.
This. This is what earns this product the benefit of the doubt in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I'll bet a borrowed testicle that he hasn't.
Wait ... you have a borrowed testicle that you can use for wagers? How does that work, exactly?

JSL
Old 19th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
Wait ... you have a borrowed testicle that you can use for wagers? How does that work, exactly?
I found it on Craig's list. It's on loan for 6 months. Or until I lose, of course.
Old 19th April 2010
Lives for gear
Watch out, it might just be an emulation of a testicle done with a seven year old algorithm
Old 20th April 2010
Gear Addict

Aether 1.5 is out!! so hurry up because Aether 2.0 will emulate the Lexicon 480 as well...
Old 20th April 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 View Post
Aether 1.5 is out!! so hurry up because Aether 2.0 will emulate the Lexicon 480 as well...
Sure it will.
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 View Post
If 1.5 just landed, wouldn't 2.0 be pretty far out still?
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
What's with the personal attack? I'm not "pushing" something.... I leaked a picture of the product on my site. I didn't even start this thread, and have only been here to answer questions.
I think it may be something else that's really bugging him.
I think some people get peeved when a product is announced 5 or 6 months in advance. You should announce a product when you can buy it. I understand about some products being time sensitive. For example Apple announced the iphone 6 months before it shipped mainly due the fact that people have cell phone contracts and that gives potential customer time to change cell phone contracts. Last week Apple announced new Macbooks on Tuesday I was able to order right away.
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
I think some people get peeved when a product is announced 5 or 6 months in advance. You should announce a product when you can buy it.
The problem is more along the line of announcing a product to be availible within a few weeks - and then delay the release ad infinum...
Old 20th April 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
I think it is only about the price and ilok security issues.
Algorhytms more than 20 years old are not a big deal. Once offered on the
market they can be very easy copied because they are not the originals.
Maybe we will be supriced with the price...This is the time of donations....
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by living sounds View Post
The problem is more along the line of announcing a product to be available within a few weeks - and then delay the release ad infinum...
That's why it's called 'Vaporware' heh
Announcing something then delaying it makes the product look unreliable.
Announcing a product then shipping the same day or week makes the product appear as reliable.
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Lay off the crap....warp didnt announced it at all.I use his verbs on scope for years.They are great,the problem with this is just the impatience of some frequent posers here.
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

no need to get defensive sorry
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Read the F'in thread! He misinterpreted it, I responded, and it was resolved... like a month ago. A non-incident from the get-go. Why bring it back up?

If you have something to say about the plug just say it. (Looks like you have)
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
no need to get defensive sorry
Why do you think my post was directed at you?I have no need to do anything here.I am not interrested in this plugin whatsoever i am just tired of reading thru piles of impatient posts that contain misinformation all over the place.
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxpod View Post
I am not interrested in this plugin whatsoever i am just tired of reading thru piles of impatient posts that contain misinformation all over the place.
So you're not interested in the plugin... yet you'll read through all this BS which is filled with the exact types of posts you hate? That's insane. Ignore the whole thread.
Old 24th April 2010

I had an email from Tony B. that said

Quote:
A public beta release for this highly anticipated plugin is planned for April, at which point everyone will be able to experience this ground breaking product.
As April only has a six days left, I am gettnig excited .... unless of course the plan has been delayed?

Treeb's
Old 24th April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Flow View Post
I had an email from Tony B. that said

As April only has a six days left, I am gettnig excited .... unless of course the plan has been delayed?

Treeb's
yeah Im starting to wonder...
Old 24th April 2010
Lives for gear

I imagine it's probably 99% finished but Warp's not going to let it into the wild until he's entirely comfortable. In some cases, that last 1% takes more time than all the rest. Personally, I don't mind waiting for something with this level of attention to detail. Whatever the case, I doubt there's any reason to worry.
Old 26th April 2010
Quote:
I imagine it's probably 99% finished but Warp's not going to let it into the wild until he's entirely comfortable. In some cases, that last 1% takes more time than all the rest. Personally, I don't mind waiting for something with this level of attention to detail. Whatever the case, I doubt there's any reason to worry.
same here
Old 26th April 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Last week Apple announced new Macbooks on Tuesday I was able to order right away.
Personally I'd much rather wait 6 months for a prematurely announced product then have to deal with all the secrecy surrounding companies such as Apple. I've been to meetings with some of their engineers and been told something along the lines of 'yes we're aware of that problem, but I can't tell you if or when we're going to do anything about it as I'd lose my job.'

Information is generally a good thing, be careful what you wish for..
Old 26th April 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimp View Post
Personally I'd much rather wait 6 months for a prematurely announced product then have to deal with all the secrecy surrounding companies such as Apple. I've been to meetings with some of their engineers and been told something along the lines of 'yes we're aware of that problem, but I can't tell you if or when we're going to do anything about it as I'd lose my job.'

Information is generally a good thing, be careful what you wish for..
Well the thing about Apple is generally when they announce a product it will either start shipping immediately or very very soon.
Old 26th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Well the thing about Apple is generally when they announce a product it will either start shipping immediately or very very soon.
The thing about this thread is that the company which actually makes the product hasn't announced anything. The hype comes from 932 posts from people who know practically nothing about this product. I think a lot of people are giving the designer **** for hyping this when he hasn't shown such intent at all.
Old 26th April 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
The thing about this thread is that the company which actually makes the product hasn't announced anything. The hype comes from 932 posts from people who know practically nothing about this product. I think a lot of people are giving the designer **** for hyping this when he hasn't shown such intent at all.
Yeah I know, I wasn't responding to that issue. Just talking about the trend of announcing products way in advance, in general.

But I do find it peculiar that there have been several Steven Slate vaporware product announcement threads that were locked yet this one has been going on for 6 months now.
Old 26th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
They might be waiting on a PACE developer update, too.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search