The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 12th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froombosch View Post
Pricing is already revolutionary when it is below 1500$, if you consider what it is emulating....
Is this newspapers from 2000 year? I am sorry, I payed 49$ for excellent algorithmic reverb in 2009...To late..Tell me something new...
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobos View Post
Is this newspapers from 2000 year? I am sorry, I payed 49$ for excellent algorithmic reverb in 2009...To late..Tell me something new...
I can't tell you something new, but I can tell you something old though!
It's usually the step from excellent to second-to-none that people pay the serious $$$ for, even though for what it does I probably won't consider this plugin expensive (if it delivers as well as I expect it to).

I would pay 49$ for something that does one or two things excellent over paying 49$ for something mediocre that does many things.
However…
I would pay a lot more for something with even better than excellent quality that has all the features I personally need. If I could get the results I wanted with the 49$ plugin (or whatever the product), well, then it's wasted money to go with something that wouldn't make any difference. But if I can get a even better result, then I'm prepared to put some effort, time and money into improving my craft. This is the approach that makes most sense for me IMHO.

Last edited by xLotusx; 13th March 2010 at 12:25 AM.. Reason: added ending to an incomplete sentence…
Old 13th March 2010
Lives for gear

what a desaster :-) apart from that...who would buy this with the lexicon pcm bundle out - i dont get it.
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander View Post
what a desaster :-) apart from that...who would buy this with the lexicon pcm bundle out - i dont get it.
Warp models the classic 480l. The PCM bundle is Lexicon's more modern current reverb.
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLotusx View Post
I can't tell you something new, but I can tell you something old though!
It's usually the step from excellent to second-to-none that people pay the serious $$$ for, even though for what it does I probably won't consider this plugin expensive (if it delivers as well as I expect it to).

I would pay 49$ for something that does one or two things excellent over paying 49$ for something mediocre that does many things.
However…
I would pay a lot more for something with even better than excellent quality that has all the features I personally need. If I could get the results I wanted with the 49$ plugin (or whatever the product), well, then it's wasted money to go with something that wouldn't make any difference. But if I can get a even better result, then I'm prepared to put some effort, time and money into improving my craft. This is the approach that makes most sense for me IMHO.
You are right, nothing new...
Old 13th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froombosch View Post
Pricing is already revolutionary when it is below 1500$, if you consider what it is emulating....
Oh dear! Yet another "I am almost willing to pay $1500 for this mythical plug-in" post. I sure hope the developer doesn't get *greedy*.

I wish people would STFU about the 'price'.
Old 13th March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ssa View Post
Oh dear! Yet another "I am almost willing to pay $1500 for this mythical plug-in" post. I sure hope the developer doesn't get *greedy*.

chill out! I dont think anyone seriously thinks what they say is going to have an effect on what warp does. Its just musing to fill the space before we get details...we are not living in a Victorian era anymore where its vulgar to discuss financial matters...?
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:

My point was more or less this, but you forgot to include the "this mythical plug-in should cost 9$" crowd.
(Although I see now how it would look like I was encouraging more price talk).
I'm sure Warp has a well thought out reason behind the price of the plug-in, whatever it may be. But since it been set in stone for a while I don't think he's the person to get "greedy" because of a leak thread…

But let's find some additional awsome beard pics to get into the right mood again!
Old 13th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
chill out! I dont think anyone seriously thinks what they say is going to have an effect on what warp does. Its just musing to fill the space before we get details...we are not living in a Victorian era anymore where its vulgar to discuss financial matters...?
Chill out yourself.. I'm not actually boiling over here. I was only talking very loud... ..not shouting;

I just think the price should be left out of the discussions for fear of influencing the price.
Old 13th March 2010

Quote:
I just think the price should be left out of the discussions for fear of influencing the price.
As I stated previously... The price was already determined before this discussion began.

People are free to talk about price all they want. It will not change anything.
Old 13th March 2010
Lives for gear

The plug-in was actually done 6 weeks ago. He has been trying to figure out the appropriate price since then.....heh
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
As I stated previously... The price was already determined before this discussion began.

People are free to talk about price all they want. It will not change anything.
Nice, let us hear the price and go to the job to save a money or forget...
Does it change anything? 224XL clone is arriving anyway...
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
224XL clone is arriving anyway...
Yes. Pre-announcement is coming up soon. I will let you know when!
Old 13th March 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
The plug-in was actually done 6 weeks ago. He has been trying to figure out the appropriate price since then.....heh
Yeah right... thumbsup
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
US and not sleeping ?! Then, hard working...cheers!
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
US and not sleeping ?! Then, hard working...cheers!
More like "hardly working."
Old 13th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Yes, we've had the pre-pre-announcement that announced the pre-announcement preceeding the actual announcement that announces the the prospective plug-in after which there will be a 9 month pre-liminary waiting period where approximately 1000 posts on this forum will speculate over prices and complain about deadlines.

I know I can't wait
Old 13th March 2010
Lives for gear
I want to announce, that there is nothing to announce right now. It might be in the near or distant future, but this will be announce later ... or not heh
Old 13th March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgeezer View Post
I want to announce, that there is nothing to announce right now. It might be in the near or distant future, but this will be announce later ... or not heh
You had better be able to back those claims up because I abhor this heavy handed type of marketing.

I hope you price it at less than $350 because $1499 is far too much

Forget it Im not interested - Im sick of your company, your inflated claims and inordinate prices!!!
Old 13th March 2010
Lives for gear

The going rate for a top-flight native reverb seems to be $500 street price — that's about what Audioease, Digidesign, Waves and TC all charge for their flagship native reverb products.

Then again, those are all market-leading brand names. Smaller shops like Massey or PSP tend to charge less for software.

Based on this, if the plug-in is really a world-beater, $300 seems like a pretty good guess for a native version.

Keep in mind, too, that this plug-in is apparently intended to be an A-list reverb, a staple, an everyday tool. You can't expect a staple to be priced like a once-in-a-while effect.

JSL
Old 13th March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
The going rate for a top-flight native reverb seems to be $500 street price — that's about what Audioease, Digidesign, Waves and TC all charge for their flagship native reverb products.

Then again, those are all market-leading brand names. Smaller shops like Massey or PSP tend to charge less for software.

Based on this, if the plug-in is really a world-beater, $300 seems like a pretty good guess for a native version.

Keep in mind, too, that this plug-in is apparently intended to be an A-list reverb, a staple, an everyday tool. You can't expect a staple to be priced like a once-in-a-while effect.

JSL
LOL!
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Just make sure you get Tony to post a pic of said vapourware plug-in 1st to get it taken seriously. ;P
This is the actual GUI. So secret it didn't even arrive at Tony's.
Leaked by installing a trojan on the other end.
I have confidential information that it will mimic the original 110%.
Only thing is they might tweak the GUI for better up- and downscaling in Logic 10.
So they will soon announce it takes a little more time than they had (or had not) announced. They will announce the actual period of delay at a nearby point in the future. Probably they give out an announcement about that prior to the announcement of the public beta.
Attached Thumbnails
Relab LX480-great-bear-32x.jpg  
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Suddenly we are going to be drowned in Lexicon reverb after all this time...
Yeah, just like back then...we will all be little Trevor Horns.
DROWNED IN LEXICONS - nice band name...heh
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
JSL
LiquidSonics' Reverberate (£30) is not in the premier league?! Are you sure?
Old 14th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
LOL!
Sure wish I knew what the joke was.

Jules, can we get a global "ignore anonymous users" preference option?

JSL
Old 14th March 2010
Quote:
Sure wish I knew what the joke was.

JSL
its because there has been a theme coming up in this thread where quite a few people have been posting discussion and their opinion on pricing...and while understandable - after a while it becomes a bit silly and pointless as its hardly going to affect the real world pricing - which although not revealed has apparently been set...
Anyway - I posted LOL because b0ssa above has been complaining vocally about this-and in the post above I wrote a pastiche of the various pointless themes coming up in this thread so far....typical of a hype thread with no info...
Hope that clarifies it a bit! No offence meant...
Old 15th March 2010
Gear Head

[QUOTE=jslevin;5202641

JSL[/QUOTE]

is this the voice of the God?
Old 16th March 2010
Gear Addict

still no release date ?

can we at least know if it will be out in march ?
Old 23rd March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
As usual. heh

BTW folks, this plugin will not be released before the 23rd of this month. Sorry to dampen the humor and/ or hopes. They are not promising a date on the release. Only that when it is perfect it will be released.

Perfect will be at some point after the 23rd. Just trying to help give some kind of timeline.... Anyway, carry on.
Any news?
Old 23rd March 2010
oh no I had my hopes up for a release at Musicmesse but this aint looking good. A really nice reverb is the last requirement I have for my set-up...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search