The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 5th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
Did everybody pick up on this hint?
Yeah, I guess it will be unveiled at the Frankfurt Music Messe...
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Could you tell us what is the estimated price of the plugin?
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
Could you tell us what is the estimated price of the plugin?
By the way this 18 ridiculous pages of not much information are going I'd have to guess the answer will be no.
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

virtual plug-in, virtual price....
Old 10th March 2010
Gear Head

The price will probably (hopefully) be announced at the Music Messe… Along with any other new information.
Old 10th March 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLotusx View Post
The price will probably (hopefully) be announced at the Music Messe… Along with any other new information.
So they announced that at Musikmesses they will announce the plugin then? hehe
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Bingo!
Old 10th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
The hardest think for manufacturers of the reverb plugins is to put the price
on the new product today. They are challenged with 50$ Eos and 149$ Redline.
I hope Bricasti are preparing their software version of M7 for 199$ ...

In the name of music...
Old 10th March 2010
Gear Head

More like hinting through various posts regarding the announcement of the announcement of the announcement… But I'll guess that's as close as we're getting atm.

I don't have any problem with delaying the product if it really shows in the end result. We already have numerous good reverb plugs, but if this is really something else, I'm more than ready to both wait and spend a fair amount of cash on it even though I'm on a pretty strict budget. I'll rather spend more money on something that I'll keep and use for a long time than spend a little less and end up selling it after a while. Same goes for most things I buy, not just audio related. Each to their own though.
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobos View Post
The hardest think for manufacturers of the reverb plugins is to put the price
on the new product today. They are challenged with 50$ Eos and 149$ Redline.
I hope Bricasti are preparing their software version of M7 for 199$ ...

In the name of music...
Somehow, I totally believe this new plugin will be an extremely good 480 emulation, and that's why whe should expect an MSRP between $300 and $400,= and I think that's totally fair.

Ofcourse I would be totally happy if it turns out to be $149,= hehhehheh
Old 10th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
Somehow, I totally believe this new plugin will be an extremely good 480 emulation, and that's why whe should expect an MSRP between $300 and $400,= and I think that's totally fair.

...this is only qualification for pole position...
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
I would be very happy with $400 but I'm slightly afraid it might turn out to be $1400... like Lexicon PCM is
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobos View Post
I hope Bricasti are preparing their software version of M7 for 199$
It cannot / will not happen at any price.

-Casey
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post

-Casey
Just put it in a PCIe DSP card, I'm sure you will sell a ton of them.
Old 10th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
I would be very happy with $400 but I'm slightly afraid it might turn out to be $1400... like Lexicon PCM is
It will not be $1400... not even close to that.
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Im sure one of the reasons why we would never see a software version is not just the piracy issue but more one of hardware is simple to deal with , if the units not working ship it back.

Im pretty sure Casey doesn't want to spend the next 200 millenia trouble shooting pc's and mac's hardware/software conflicts.

Sure they would sell but you only have to look at how much of a ballache people have with uads/poco's/duendes/LM's to know that computers are a PITA!

The sensible choice would be to stick to what they know ie hardware.

Gareth
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_F View Post
Just put it in a PCIe DSP card
Product costs driven by the arbitrary tail wagging of the PC/MAC industry? I would rather it stay in the sonics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfx View Post
+1

-Casey
Old 10th March 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfx View Post
Im sure one of the reasons why we would never see a software version is not just the piracy issue but more one of hardware is simple to deal with , if the units not working ship it back.

Im pretty sure Casey doesn't want to spend the next 200 millenia trouble shooting pc's and mac's hardware/software conflicts.

Sure they would sell but you only have to look at how much of a ballache people have with uads/poco's/duendes/LM's to know that computers are a PITA!

Gareth

I don't know. The amount of downtime I've had with hardware has far exceeded the downtime for anything computer related for me. My DAWs have been stable more or less and I have never had to call support for any software. However, the amount of times I've had to send failed hardware back in for repair is significant. Like for instance, right now I have to send a Focal Solo6 in for warranty repair and it will be gone 2 to 4 weeks. And not too long ago, I had to send a compressor to be repaired and it was gone for 6 weeks. I also have a PCM90 that just failed, I am debating rather or not it is worth being fixed even if it can be fixed.
Old 10th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:

-Casey
Do not say twice...
Old 10th March 2010
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
On another thread, Casey talked about the number of V2 chips he needs to send out, which corresponds to the number of units sold. That number would be a nice figure for a PLUGIN, let alone a $3K+ piece of hardware. I don't think that Casey needs to change his business model one iota.

It will be interesting to see how the new "mystery" plugin compares to the Lexicon LXP plugin, in features and sound. Let's all send our good thoughts to Warp69 as he finishes this up.
Old 10th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
On another thread, Casey talked about the number of V2 chips he needs to send out, which corresponds to the number of units sold. That number would be a nice figure for a PLUGIN, let alone a $3K+ piece of hardware. I don't think that Casey needs to change his business model one iota.

It will be interesting to see how the new "mystery" plugin compares to the Lexicon LXP plugin, in features and sound. Let's all send our good thoughts to Warp69 as he finishes this up.

Nice to see the brothers in the arms...
Old 10th March 2010
Quote:

yes and perhaps a UA Lexicon reverb! Suddenly we are going to be drowned in Lexicon reverb after all this time...
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
It will not be $1400... not even close to that.
Now, that sounds good! If it sounds close to lexicon and, if it is much cheaper, it will sell like crazy!
Old 10th March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis View Post
Now, that sounds good! If it sounds close to lexicon and, if it is much cheaper, it will sell like crazy!
I dont really think that sounds good...doesnt say much that its a lot less than $1400...I mean half of $1400 is still $700...Im hoping its more around $400...providing its good that is.
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
one thing for sure: seems LXP is built on PCM, which is awesome, but yet you can't tweak as much as the big bro nor as the Relab one. Let's see what can they do soon...

ps: LXP based on PCM is a great idea, as was the PCM plugins...
Old 10th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
one thing for sure: seems LXP is built on PCM, which is awesome, but yet you can't tweak as much as the big bro nor as the Relab one. Let's see what can they do soon...

ps: LXP based on PCM is a great idea, as was the PCM plugins...
Actually you are completely incorrect... The upcoming LXP bundle has nothing in common with the PCM bundle. Different code and algorythms.
Old 10th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Actually you are completely incorrect... The upcoming LXP bundle has nothing in common with the PCM bundle. Different code and algorythms.
Excuse-moi.
Old 11th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
I dont really think that sounds good...doesnt say much that its a lot less than $1400...I mean half of $1400 is still $700...Im hoping its more around $400...providing its good that is.
Every miracle for three days...
Old 11th March 2010
Lives for gear

Would the fools around here who are saying things like, "I'm prepared to pay $400 ... or $700" please STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd prefer Warp & Co to find a 'natural' price for the plug-in without any help from some of the clowns around here.
Old 11th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ssa View Post
Would the fools around here who are saying things like, "I'm prepared to pay $400 ... or $700" please STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd prefer Warp & Co to find a 'natural' price for the plug-in without any help from some of the clowns around here.
The price was already determined before this discussion began.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search