The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 15th February 2010
Gear Nut
Ahem.. This is not the EMpTy thread Ghost heh
Old 15th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svein View Post
Ahem.. This is not the EMpTy thread Ghost heh
FU** ME.... Sorry "Take One"...

I'll go ahead and delete my sh**...

Thanks Svein heh
Old 15th February 2010
Lives for gear
Welcome to the software development world. Things get delayed. You can be sure that there is no any kind of conspiracy theory in marketing (as some people think) between Tony or warp69.

I am sure it is due warp69 perfectionism and nothing else. If you think that he will release something unfinished or not as he mean it in the first place (or just because of public pressure) then you are simply wrong. We all can only expect amazing and very polished product.
Old 15th February 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post

I am sure it is due warp69 perfectionism and nothing else. If you think that he will release something unfinished or not as he mean it in the first place (or just because of public pressure) then you are simply wrong. We all can only expect amazing and very polished product.
+1

i wish more plugin developer were perfectionists, there's so much crap out there.
Old 15th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Welcome to the software development world. Things get delayed. You can be sure that there is no any kind of conspiracy theory in marketing (as some people think) between Tony or warp69.

+2
Old 15th February 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryman View Post
What the heck. Too impatient to wait for a developer to provide you with something that isn't finished and you cant wait for it to be completed. So the ultimatum you provide for them is that you must buy something to fulfill your pluglust......

pathetic

Hey Angryman, you're really angry!!!

I provide no ultimatums. I just do what I feel like right now.

People: please don't follow my footsteps!!!

Ofcourse it's very nice indeed that this warp69 dude will polish
his product into perfection. Thats the way! Rock on!!

I probably end up buying both of these anyway. Can't resist.

Old 17th February 2010
Quote:
Again, take your time Warp69, and release the ultimate plug-in reverb !
Once done, I bet angry voices will sing your praises ;-)
Old 24th February 2010
Lives for gear

thumbsup
Old 24th February 2010
Gear Addict

how would you describe the sound of the 480L ?

i've heard the IRs demo on acousticas website, and it sounded heavily chorused, and quite "80's big budget hollywood movie" sounding. am i right ?
Old 24th February 2010
Here for the gear

I must admit that warp69 is really good into building a hype over the web. (with a little help of his friends)

He did so when he tried the first time to emulate (or reverse engineer) a Lexicon Reverb for the Scope Platform. The Audioexamples did'nt really sound like a PCM90 but anyway, everybody on KVR was talking about it.

Then there was the hype when CSR came out and everybody was forced into thinking its an exact Lexicon replica ... maybe of an Lexicon 300 or was it the 480L?.
For me it sounded pretty average in my reverbcomparison:
ROOM WARS - Reverb Comparison (german)

Now something that Big "Leaked"???.

Come'on guys, do you really believe that Harman will allow Relab to use the original LARC Design as the GUI?

OK, maybe Warp is this time closer soundwise, maybe he can make or already has an Agreement with Lexicon/Harman.

But despite the fact that the actual "real-deal" Lexicon Native Algos are far overpriced we should judge with our ears when this 480 clone is released (and when we can listen to some more different soundsources not just snare).
To like or dislike a plugin on the basis of one single Sample, a speculated price or a beautifull skin is pure hype.

Though i'm very courious how the finished plugin will sound in comparison on voice and instruments.
Old 24th February 2010
Lives for gear

I think i am going to go to the dentist to have some teeth pulled
no wait .... hang on .... I'm gonna stop in and wait for the mystery plugin to land
Old 25th February 2010
Lives for gear

While we're waiting ...

While we're waiting, I guess I'll hijack the thread.

I'd like to integrate a hardware reverb into my Pro Tools HD setup, ideally going in/out through AES/EBU. Anyone have any input on the best way to set this up in software?

Obviously I can just specify a hardware in/out pair, then set up post-sends on each channel for the verb directly to an output (with accompanying master fader), then set up an aux channel for the reverb return.

What I'm wondering, though, is how well it would work just setting it up as a hardware insert on a stereo buss. What do you guys think?

JSL
Old 25th February 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
While we're waiting, I guess I'll hijack the thread.

Obviously I can just specify a hardware in/out pair, then set up post-sends on each channel for the verb directly to an output (with accompanying master fader), then set up an aux channel for the reverb return.

What I'm wondering, though, is how well it would work just setting it up as a hardware insert on a stereo buss. What do you guys think?

JSL
When your reverb-sends add up and start to clip, you'll be glad you have that masterfader for the send, when you use a hardware insert on a stereobus, you've got no control over the levels etc. Why limmit your options?
Old 25th February 2010
Lives for gear

Wow, another 22 page thread about nothing.
Old 25th February 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
yep, seems to be a rising trend on the internet.

notice how my question, which is on topic, got ignored.

forums are starting to look like youtube comments. but it already started long ago with those "profiles", "avatars" and "signatures" which are taking half the screen.
Old 25th February 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanray View Post

But despite the fact that the actual "real-deal" Lexicon Native Algos are far overpriced we should judge with our ears when this 480 clone is released (and when we can listen to some more different soundsources not just snare).
To like or dislike a plugin on the basis of one single Sample, a speculated price or a beautifull skin is pure hype.

Though i'm very courious how the finished plugin will sound in comparison on voice and instruments.
Basically you've just said something we all know from page 1 of this thread...

Old 25th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by taa4j6 View Post
notice how my question, which is on topic, got ignored.
Ignored? You asked a question 24 hours ago heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by taa4j6 View Post
how would you describe the sound of the 480L ?

i've heard the IRs demo on acousticas website, and it sounded heavily chorused, and quite "80's big budget hollywood movie" sounding. am i right ?
I haven't heard the Acousticas impulses, but I wouldn't characterize the 480L as heavy chorused at all. You could expand the unit with additional algorithms from the 224XL which does include the chorused Concert Hall algorithm.

I would imagine that Acoustica use a chorus after the IR to get some kind of modulation, but it doesn't mimic the actual modulation happening in a 480L.
Old 25th February 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
Ignored? You asked a question 24 hours ago heh

I haven't heard the Acousticas impulses, but I wouldn't characterize the 480L as heavy chorused at all. You could expand the unit with additional algorithms from the 224XL which does include the chorused Concert Hall algorithm.

I would imagine that Acoustica use a chorus after the IR to get some kind of modulation, but it doesn't mimic the actual modulation happening in a 480L.
Hi there - is there an ETA for this plugin? Or RETA? or B-PETA?
Old 25th February 2010
Lives for gear

Not other than ASAP.

This will be the first Relab branded plugin and I have therefor no intention of doing any compromises. I want to release an amazing reverb plugin and that's what Im working on. It will be more than just an emulation.
Old 25th February 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
It will be more than just an emulation.
Any hint on what this means? More reverb features, or usability features?
Old 25th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy View Post
Any hint on what this means? More reverb features, or usability features?
Both.

So if anyone have requests, ideas etc. Don't tell me - otherwise it migter take longer time to finish the product heh
Old 25th February 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

I was sure about better usability features, but not about reverb features, so it's good to know it will be more flexible than the original as well . I assume lately you've been implementing stuff like better accessibility for visually impaired people (a huge problem with most audio products). I greatly respect that, and to anyone who is frustrated about delays: there are always things you don't think of when developing a user interface and you're made aware of them only later on when you get comments from potential users (so a thread like this has a real use for some people after all). Extra convenience features for most, but crucial for others.
Old 26th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctms777 View Post
When your reverb-sends add up and start to clip, you'll be glad you have that masterfader for the send, when you use a hardware insert on a stereobus, you've got no control over the levels etc.
Sure, but can't I achieve the same thing using a plug-in to attenuate?

I guess it just seemed like a simpler mixer layout to avoid using an extra master faster.

JSL
Old 2nd March 2010
Quote:
I have therefor no intention of doing any compromises. I want to release an amazing reverb plugin and that's what Im working on. It will be more than just an emulation.
GOOD NEWS !

It raises my expectations even higher, though.
The hardware 480L is waiting for you, Warp69 ;-)
Old 2nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k View Post

LOL!!!!
Old 2nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have therefor no intention of doing any compromises. I want to release an amazing reverb plugin and that's what Im working on. It will be more than just an emulation.
Great news, Warp69! In 1 year nobody will remember if it took you 2 weeks more or less, but EVERYBODY will judge you for how good your plugin sounds.
Old 2nd March 2010
Gear Guru

Guys, I want to announce that I will announce I have a 224XL plugin in the works. Initial results are that it's a perfect match with hardware. This will be released real soon so wait for the announcement of the announcement whereupon it will be announced when the official release date will be announced. Separate announcements will be announced about demos.
Old 2nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Guys, I want to announce that I will announce I have a 224XL plugin in the works. Initial results are that it's a perfect match with hardware. This will be released real soon so wait for the announcement of the announcement whereupon it will be announced when the official release date will be announced. Separate announcements will be announced about demos.
So what's the relase date?
Old 2nd March 2010
Gear Nut

wait "seriously" i think Animus will release it on April 1st. Just be extra patient for a little while longer... ROFLMAO!
Old 3rd March 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
You should have anounced this anouncement of the anouncement earlier, so that we are well prepared
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search