The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 4th February 2010
  #601
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Still waiting for some news...
Ahh... I´ve got some money burnin' in my pocket, and I just can´t find anything to spend it on... Where are you Mystery plug-in, you who will be the solution to all my problems. If I just can have you, my mixes will sound fantastic. Soon we all will be complete...

...and sometimes it feels like I've felt this way before.
Old 4th February 2010
  #602
ValhallaDSP
 
seancostello's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
How come there is no ridiculous over use of face palms on this thread?


Happy now?



I'm not sure how to put the "urinating squirrel" in here. That's a really nice one. Especially when my 6 year old daughter is reading over my shoulder, and I have to explain what the squirrel is doing.

So...will Warp69 be emulating the fixed point math of the 480L? I think it had 18 bit fixed point, with saturation, but I'm not sure how much headroom it has in the accumulator.

Another question: Will ALL of the algorithms be emulated? The "Effects" algorithm seems like it would be cool. The dynamics algorithms may not be as important in the 2010 plugin world.
Old 4th February 2010
  #603
Lives for gear
 
djanthonyw's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
I'm not sure how to put the "urinating squirrel" in here. That's a really nice one.
Squirrel? It's a monkey! dfegad



Old 4th February 2010
  #604
Lives for gear
 
mike1k's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post


Happy now?



That's more like it!
Old 5th February 2010
  #605
SEB
Lives for gear
 

no it`s a Squirrel!!
Old 5th February 2010
  #606
Lives for gear
 
Warp69's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
The dynamics algorithms may not be as important in the 2010 plugin world.
I won't emulate non-reverb algorithms, if that's what you mean.
Old 5th February 2010
  #607
ValhallaDSP
 
seancostello's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
I won't emulate non-reverb algorithms, if that's what you mean.
How about the Classic Cart stuff?
Old 5th February 2010
  #608
Lives for gear
 
Warp69's Avatar
 

They will not be part of the release.
Old 5th February 2010
  #609
Gear Maniac
 

You got an ETA yet Mr 69? People are dribbling in anticipation here...
Old 5th February 2010
  #610
Lives for gear
 
mike1k's Avatar
....since November 18th 2009......
Old 5th February 2010
  #611
Lives for gear
 
Coyoteous's Avatar
 



Here's a reminder. heh
Old 5th February 2010
  #612
Lives for gear
 
Firechild's Avatar
I havent´read all posts but the 480L look alike plugin is not coming from Lexicon? Then why the hype? It would be cool if the 480L algorithms was just ported from old code to new AMD / intel code and that´s a thing only lexicon can authorize.
Old 5th February 2010
  #613
ValhallaDSP
 
seancostello's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechild View Post
I havent´read all posts but the 480L look alike plugin is not coming from Lexicon? Then why the hype? It would be cool if the 480L algorithms was just ported from old code to new AMD / intel code and that´s a thing only lexicon can authorize.
There's no patents on the Lexicon stuff. Creating sound-alike algorithms is perfectly legit, and no authorization is needed. It isn't easy, mind you, but Warp69 is just the guy to do it.

The impression I have of the current Lexicon plugin (which I have not heard yet - I need to finish up my current project in order to dedicate some time to listen to the demo) is that it accurately reflects the modern Lexicon sound, but does not try to emulate all of the qualities and quirks of the older gear. Warp69's work is obviously oriented towards reproducing the particular qualities that distinguish, say, the PCM96 Random Hall algorithm from the 480L Random Hall algorithm.
Old 6th February 2010
  #614
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
So...will Warp69 be emulating the fixed point math of the 480L? I think it had 18 bit fixed point, with saturation, but I'm not sure how much headroom it has in the accumulator.
Interesting.


By the way, I am wondering why the 480L produces such a feeling of lushious spaciness.
I just like the way it seems to make one with its source.
But, when listening back to a printed 480L reverb track, I am not that impressed. Play it back with its source : amazing.

...
Old 7th February 2010
  #615
Lives for gear
 
KBOY's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
....since November 18th 2009......
Wasn't this a leak? And had NOTHING to do with an actual press release?
Old 7th February 2010
  #616
Lives for gear
 
mike1k's Avatar
yeah, I think it was definately a "leak". I was just referring to how far back folks had been "dribbling in anticipation".

Tony did have the graphic for it on his website as far back as November of 2009 though......
Old 7th February 2010
  #617
Gear Addict
 

i hope this plugin lives up to its hype. the PCM96 is so good, we've all demoed it and now know how a real reverb sound like ...
Old 7th February 2010
  #618
Lives for gear
 
thermos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
They will not be part of the release.
Hi Warp,

Will they be in a later release? I'd love to have that concert hall, it sounded so good when you posted the sample in the reverb subculture thread.
Old 7th February 2010
  #619
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Hi Warp,

Will they be in a later release? I'd love to have that concert hall, it sounded so good when you posted the sample in the reverb subculture thread.
He said that non-reverb effects won't be available. I am guessing but "Concert hall" should be there
Old 7th February 2010
  #620
Lives for gear
 
Warp69's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Hi Warp,

Will they be in a later release? I'd love to have that concert hall, it sounded so good when you posted the sample in the reverb subculture thread.
I have posted several samples of different implementations of the Concert Hall - which one do you mean?
Old 8th February 2010
  #621
Lives for gear
 
thermos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
I have posted several samples of different implementations of the Concert Hall - which one do you mean?
I thought I meant the 480 classic cart concert hall. Was I wrong about that?
Old 8th February 2010
  #622
Lives for gear
 
Bob Yordan's Avatar
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post


Here's a reminder. heh
Bricasti?
Old 10th February 2010
  #623
Gear Head
 

LARC. I think this is the one for me.
Sometimes I feel like a Robin Hood...
Old 14th February 2010
  #624
Gear Nut
 
TakeOne's Avatar
 

Ok. Thats it. I'm buying PCM Native. Can't wait any longer for this "mystery plugin"...
Old 14th February 2010
  #625
Shy
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeOne View Post
Ok. Thats it. I'm buying PCM Native. Can't wait any longer for this "mystery plugin"...
I don't blame you, this is annoying. Personally I can wait, though.
Old 14th February 2010
  #626
Gear Nut
Quote:
Ok. Thats it. I'm buying PCM Native. Can't wait any longer for this "mystery plugin"...
Download the demo and you have 14 more days. I recently sold my Lexicon 300L and dont find the same mojo in the plug in. I think warp69 will come up with something better. More true to the old units.
Old 14th February 2010
  #627
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svein View Post
Download the demo and you have 14 more days. I recently sold my Lexicon 300L and dont find the same mojo in the plug in. I think warp69 will come up with something better. More true to the old units.
It's all subjective. I had Nuverbs fro years which are basically the 300 reverbs. I preferred the Lex plugs by far. For "vintage" reverb plugins I am far more interested in a 224/200 variety.
Old 14th February 2010
  #628
Gear Nut
Quote:
It's all subjective. I had Nuverbs fro years which are basically the 300 reverbs. I preferred the Lex plugs by far. For "vintage" reverb plugins I am far more interested in a 224/200 variety.
Yeah! I have worked on a 224XL.
Most dreamy of them all
Old 15th February 2010
  #629
Gear Nut
 
Patric Noonan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeOne View Post
Ok. Thats it. I'm buying PCM Native. Can't wait any longer for this "mystery plugin"...
What the heck. Too impatient to wait for a developer to provide you with something that isn't finished and you cant wait for it to be completed. So the ultimatum you provide for them is that you must buy something to fulfill your pluglust......

pathetic
Old 15th February 2010
  #630
Lives for gear
 
25ghosts's Avatar
 

------ Deleted -------

Last edited by 25ghosts; 15th February 2010 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: My old head confused this thread with that of another... Sorry
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Warp69 / Music Computers
764
leonardo777 / Music Computers
33
beatpete / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
2
TNM / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
5
seancostello / Product Alerts older than 2 months
1

Forum Jump
Forum Jump