The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear

i'm hooked on the PCM 96 plugin but i'm not rich enough ...

any info on the price of that "mystery plugin" ?

did they reverse engineer the algorythms ? will it sound as good as the original ?
Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maky357 View Post
I think you are just lazy(kidding of course)! It seems ok if you are satisfied with delivered preset bank and you are clear with what you want to achieve. That is pretty ntural. There is no need to ruin the party.

Quote:
Can i ask - if room is sounding great what is stopping you to make it sounding even better? This is exactly what i am trying to say. Not every instrument will sound same i mean good in every room. Some instruments will sound better in "tweaked" room. So you need versatility in reverb. Is that really so strange?
To be honest, the only time I really get into tweaking verbs is when I'm stuck using a ITB verb, and trying to make the best of it, OR if I'm going for a special effect. I don't find inspiration when mixing by tweaking verbs... total buzz kill for me. I'll settle for a "ridiculously amazing" patch, and would rather spend that time elswhere rather than tweaking it to be "ridiculously amazing +1".

Quote:
Don't tell me that Casey did best presets in the world and now there is no need to create better one (but i am sure they did one damn fine reverb unit)
Ummmm... Yep, that's what I'm saying There were some other v2 presets that I heard at NAMM, that are haunting my dreams!

As to stay on thread topic, I am very interested in the "Mystery Plug". The Lex plugs sound great, but I'd love to find an ITB verb that excites me at a lower price point.
Old 23rd January 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomichael View Post

I am very interested in the "Mystery Plug". The Lex plugs sound great, but I'd love to find an ITB verb that excites me at a lower price point.
+1 Here
Old 24th January 2010
Gear Head

[QUOTE=Paul Russell;5018729]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobos View Post
I own all three. EOS doesn't come close.
Close to what? In price ,sound quality, looking or number of parameters?
When it comes only about sound, each of them do not make a music worse or better.
EOS mono plate is one of the best I ever heard. But it is only 49$ and I agree with you
it doesn't come close.
Old 24th January 2010
Gear Addict

[QUOTE=bobos;5022893]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Russell View Post

Close to what? In price ,sound quality, looking or number of parameters?
When it comes only about sound, each of them do not make a music worse or better.
EOS mono plate is one of the best I ever heard. But it is only 49$ and I agree with you
it doesn't come close.
Perhaps I'm being unfair in saying 'doesn't come close', but EOS doesn't match up to either on any of those points except price. Although I can't say that VSS3 is a looker either And you can't get VSS3 to give long reverb times like you can with EOS or the Lexicon.

I agree with you that EOS's plate is very nice. But the Lex Plate 3 is much smoother and the VSS3 has a better stereo image, although you need to cut the highs off the base preset. But it's all subjective and if you're happy with EOS then fair play to you.

This not a put-down of EOS, more a nod to the superior quality of the Lex and TC plugs. But in terms of value for money, the Lex and VSS3 will get used in every mix I do, yet the EOS will hardly get used at all, if ever.
Old 24th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi View Post
So... are we lookin' good for the release @ the end of Jan.?
Bump...
Old 24th January 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi View Post
Bump...
No, it won't be out before the end of next week... It's actually going to take a little longer than I had hoped/ expected. They want to create the best possible product, and are working on a couple of new features. I would hope for a February release at this point, but I'll have a more narrowed down ETA soon.
Old 25th January 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks Tony...
Old 25th January 2010
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
They want to create the best possible product, and are working on a couple of new features.
Take your time, guys, and cook the best plug-in reverb on the planet for us !stike
Old 26th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, it won't be out before the end of next week... It's actually going to take a little longer than I had hoped/ expected. They want to create the best possible product, and are working on a couple of new features. I would hope for a February release at this point, but I'll have a more narrowed down ETA soon.
actually, while you are saying this, the LARC kinda gui is nice idea, but as a plugin gui, which should give us fast interface, it's not good. Seems to be 7 different tabs there, always switching is not good. Hope i could help.
Old 26th January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
actually, while you are saying this, the LARC kinda gui is nice idea, but as a plugin gui, which should give us fast interface, it's not good. Seems to be 7 different tabs there, always switching is not good. Hope i could help.
I think the exercise here is to emulate the 480L, so they will probably use the same LARC/parameter/bank/register system as the original.

The good aspect of that is all 480L users will feel home right away.
The negative aspect is we could have had a more intuitive "larc" in the plug-in realm.

It could be great if we could have both to choose from !
Old 26th January 2010
Gear Head

[QUOTE=Paul Russell;5023551]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobos View Post

Perhaps I'm being unfair in saying 'doesn't come close', but EOS doesn't match up to either on any of those points except price. Although I can't say that VSS3 is a looker either And you can't get VSS3 to give long reverb times like you can with EOS or the Lexicon.

I agree with you that EOS's plate is very nice. But the Lex Plate 3 is much smoother and the VSS3 has a better stereo image, although you need to cut the highs off the base preset. But it's all subjective and if you're happy with EOS then fair play to you.

This not a put-down of EOS, more a nod to the superior quality of the Lex and TC plugs. But in terms of value for money, the Lex and VSS3 will get used in every mix I do, yet the EOS will hardly get used at all, if ever.
Superior-inferior...?! I do not think so. Your mathematics says we need both,Lexicon and VSS3 to bit the Eos?! Lex Plate 3 is smoother but Lex Vintage plate is not .VSS3 has only a better stereo image then EOS mono plate?!
My story is only about the price we have to pay for such nice colors we are using for painting. So ,I am expecting Bricasti M7 native for 199$ , or less. We must say a big thank you to EOS because of that. If we get EO2 V2 expanded with some new algorithms for 69$, this situation will be much clearer.
Old 26th January 2010
Gear Addict

I take it you don't have the Lex or VSS3, then?
Old 26th January 2010
Gear Head

[QUOTE=Paul Russell;5031549]I take it you don't have the Lex or VSS3, then?

I posted an example with 3 native reverbs .One of them is the Lex Plate 3.
I do not have VSS3. But I am familiar with TC electronics for a years.
My main Hardware reverbs in studio are MPC91, M2000 and Vesta Koza RV-3
spring reverb.This last one (payed 50 euros) is better then any digital reverb I ever tried for electric guitars. I was with 224Xl more then 10 years. EOS remains me on that time.
If you ask me about Lexicon Native I`ll say ,yes it is the best Native reverb offered every since.But not for the price. But also, everyone can achieve the same results in pop music with Eos .
If you do not agree you can prove it with two mixes of the same song each mixed with only with one of them.If music is good (or bad) I`ll not care about reverbs if they are not bad.

I understand your point: "No good mix without an expensive reverb which I already own"
Old 26th January 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Russell View Post
I take it you don't have the Lex or VSS3, then?
test:
Attached Files
Old 31st January 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Who came up with this ****hole marketing? This entire thread, extended to the author, is 100% not where I'm going. Jerks. Good luck, Jokers. Not people I will be in business with, EVER.
Old 31st January 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2busdriver View Post
Who came up with this ****hole marketing? This entire thread, extended to the author, is 100% not where I'm going. Jerks. Good luck, Jokers. Not people I will be in business with, EVER.

Old 31st January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post

Very appropriate moment for a face-palm. I'm not really a fan of the face-palms, but that right there called for it.
Old 31st January 2010
can we let this thread go until there is some real news!?
Old 31st January 2010
Lives for gear

Tony, this reminds my of the DVD you released where you took deposits but were not able to deliver the product for well over a year. People were ready to lynch you!
Old 1st February 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamine View Post
Tony, this reminds my of the DVD you released where you took deposits but were not able to deliver the product for well over a year. People were ready to lynch you!
Your recollection is a bit different than mine on that one. People knew it was going to be a very lengthy process, and anyone who didn't want to wait got an immediate refund.
Old 1st February 2010
Gear Nut

okay, I wrestled the Scotch back into storage. Anyway, "ever" ended last night because I still want to try the "mystery" reverb whenever it's out.

Old 1st February 2010
Lives for gear

I remember my first beer.

JSL
Old 1st February 2010
Lives for gear
I personally prefer having the info of the "mystery" plugin before it is released so I can wait before buying the Lex plug.

"All we need is just a little patience ..."
Old 1st February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2busdriver View Post
Never is a loooong time :-)

Too bad a potential great sounding software is doomed before its release just because a few people think they had a great marketing concept.

Personally I am getting so tired of all those empty promises being spoken these days.
This here being the bitch of the bunch.
Old 1st February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post

JSL
Hmmm, I don't...
Old 1st February 2010
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
"What's your mood watch say?"

...man, I can't believe my parents bought me that record when I was seven. Totally shaped my sense of humor to this day.
Old 4th February 2010
OMU
Lives for gear

Still waiting for some news...
Old 4th February 2010
Lives for gear

Hey maybe it will get closed like slater's thread !
Old 4th February 2010
Lives for gear

How come there is no ridiculous over use of face palms on this thread?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search