The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFMG View Post
I followed the link given by the OP. Then I clicked on the pic of Lexicon and it went to a larger pic of the plugin. Right above it is a Waves banner...can't remember what it said. Once I saw the Waves logo I was out...they can keep it!!!
See above, the waves logo is all over that site regardless of what developer you're looking at.

ETA on this plug?
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Let's list European developpers and play the guess-game, then... Brainworx, PSP, IK Multimedia, Softube, Flux,...

Hope for me it's less expensive than the lexicon reverb, though. And better than Acousticas impulses, which I love but already got.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoïde View Post
Let's list European developpers and play the guess-game, then... Brainworx, PSP, IK Multimedia, Softube, Flux,...

Hope for me it's less expensive than the lexicon reverb, though. And better than Acousticas impulses, which I love but already got.
Given that Brainworx has just finished the mpressor and is currently finishing up the SPL Vitalizer MK2-T plug, they couldn't have had the time to make this. IK Multimedia isn't the type of company to "surprise" us, and Flux has no history of making emulations. My money's on PSP or Softube, if this 480 is indeed made by an established developer.

What if Audio Ease decided to make an algorithmic verb? Not entirely implausible...
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Having yourself a good laugh Tony??

Stop stroking your beard and give us some info!

Old 19th November 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythinglouder View Post
Given that Brainworx has just finished the mpressor and is currently finishing up the SPL Vitalizer MK2-T plug, they couldn't have had the time to make this. IK Multimedia isn't the type of company to "surprise" us, and Flux has no history of making emulations. My money's on PSP or Softube, if this 480 is indeed made by an established developer.

What if Audio Ease decided to make an algorithmic verb? Not entirely implausible...
IK Multimedia love to do countdowns and build hype for a some gamechanging thing and then release **** like an iphone app.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
IK Multimedia love to do countdowns and build hype for a some gamechanging thing and then release **** like an iphone app.
Maybe its a 480 emulator app for iPhone by IK? so people can sound like they are in a tiled room when talking on the phone. heh
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

looking at the gui, my guess would be Ik Multimedia or Native instruments.
But it could be anyone really.
I didnt like the free Tc reverb and this next album/project I'm working on needs a great rev, so hopefully this will be the one.
If it's not I will buy DVDR 2...

Daniel
and it's DSP!
Old 19th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farshad View Post
Maybe its a 480 emulator app for iPhone by IK? so people can sound like they are in a tiled room when talking on the phone. heh
LOL.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Plugin Columbos
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Nut

hmm Casey did also mention Denmark..
So we only have one option: Warp69

- the man behind CRS-1 reverbs and some plugs for the pulsar platform.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Waves could use a really good algorithmic reverb. I have long been surprised that they haven't filled that gap in their collection.
Old 19th November 2009
I rekon this could be a softube GUI. Theirs are very photorealistic...

Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
I think its safe to say if Casey said they nailed it, it'll be pretty awesome.
Israel is not part of the EU (yet?). So, maybe 'warp69' did it again?
And what is David Griesinger doing these days? He left Harman a while ago. Did he relocate to Europe?

Casey's recommendations rock. sean costellos' audiodamage EOS for example is really, really good.

thumbsup

Last edited by cowudders; 19th November 2009 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: spelling is hard
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Why oh why didn't they do a 244XL

I mean if your going to do "ex" reverbs then why the 480, the 244XL was much more vibby for vocals IMHO.

The 480 kinda is more "modern" and we already have that covered don't we.

However this is getting like the SSL plugins, everyone and there mother is doing a version.

I have already bought VSS3, DVR2, NonLin2 in TC Poco verbs and Classic verb came free and is actually bloody good.

I bought UAD Plate 140.
I bought Prsitine Space for convo reverbs. (bought loads of Acousticas impluses for it)

Now in the market is:

PC96 plugin
X-verb plugin
this new 480 reverb
the new UAD EMT 250 (original algo's of course .. sigh)
did forget Breverb (or is that yesturdays news)

Honestly, how did I manage when I only had a couple of harware reverb units! I can't remember.

and STILL nobody has done a 244XL plugin ....

LOL fun times though.

TMY

PS Oh and In was thinking, has anyone ever done any blind tests to see if anyone can actually pick out an expensive plugin over a cheaper one, to be honest sometimes I don't think I can tell the difference between all these thousands of different plugin reverbs and impulses!
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear
Did anyone bother to notice that if you click on any other of the 3 options on that front page, you get the WAVES logo in the top left corner... even if you select the lexicon plugin option?
So, WAVES may just be a sponsor of sorts... I guess we'll see in due course, what this teaser is all about.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarqueeYears View Post
Why oh why didn't they do a 244XL
PS Oh and In was thinking, has anyone ever done any blind tests to see if anyone can actually pick out an expensive plugin over a cheaper one, to be honest sometimes I don't think I can tell the difference between all these thousands of different plugin reverbs and impulses!
The 224 is what I want. Oh, and I may not be able to tell an expensive plug-in from a cheap one, but I can sure tell a good one from a bad one... for my purposes, anyway.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post

Exactly my thoughts!
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post

If the price is right I'll buy it, even if it's just for a patch sheet for my 224xl
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowudders View Post
Israel is not part of the EU (yet?).
Krhm... EU and Europe aren't really the same thing. LOL... And Israel is in Middle East. Even though in some aspects as in sports it's considered as it was a part of Europe...
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

To me it looks like maybe a new Overloud product.

It's not from Softube, for sure.
Old 19th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
The 224 is what I want. Oh, and I may not be able to tell an expensive plug-in from a cheap one, but I can sure tell a good one from a bad one... for my purposes, anyway.
signaltonoize.com » 3 on 3 – Hardware or Plugin? (Reverb Shootout)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash View Post

It's not from Softube, for sure.
why for sure? Not sure why Overloud would bring out a new reverb that is very similar to their last fairly recent (which was mediocre IMO).
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Don't you all find the interface (specially that red colour) too similar to SampleTank or SampleMoog? Really looks like and IK Multimedia product to me... Tony distributes also IK Multimedia.... and they are Italian... looks like a perfect mach to me!
Attached Thumbnails
Relab LX480-sampletank.jpg   Relab LX480-samplemoog.jpg  

Last edited by fantomen; 19th November 2009 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: More detailed info
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarqueeYears View Post
I have already bought VSS3, DVR2, NonLin2 in TC Poco verbs and Classic verb came free and is actually bloody good.
TC's classicverb is really good, it can push things 'far back' something not many reverbs can do.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Lee View Post
Krhm... EU and Europe aren't really the same thing. LOL... And Israel is in Middle East. Even though in some aspects as in sports it's considered as it was a part of Europe...
that's what I wrote, no?
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Lee View Post
Israel won the Eurovision song contest 3 times. Need I say more...
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

If it was IK Multimedia, that would be fine with me.
At least a proven company - the worst thing for me is when a manufacturer goes out of business and can't support a plug-in i've used much any more.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

NICSE!!! THIS GUY could maybe tell us more
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
I may not be able to tell an expensive plug-in from a cheap one, but I can sure tell a good one from a bad one... for my purposes, anyway.
Haven't done that one... probably won't. I need to demo the reverb with my material, or similar, and be able to tweak the settings to determine "good." I can tell "bad" from demo samples a lot of the time, though. I don't really care if the results are from hardware, software or real acoustics.
Old 19th November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Tony has what I was talking about.

-Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProducerBoy View Post
Uh, you guys did see that it was on a WAVES page, right?

That means iLok, native, etc... unless Tony just has the Waves info on that page by accident.
That is just a glitch with the website that I haven't had time to fix.

This is not a Waves product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
possibly softube?
This is not a Softube product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
I think its safe to say if Casey said they nailed it, it'll be pretty awesome.
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprawl View Post
Maybe it's a new plug from PSP Audioware.
Not a PSP product, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoïde View Post
Nope. It's none of those companies....
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythinglouder View Post
Not Audio Ease, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash View Post
Not them either.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post

That is just a glitch with the website that I haven't had time to fix.

This is not a Waves product.

This is not a Softube product.

I agree.

Not a PSP product, either.

Nope. It's none of those companies....

Not Audio Ease, either.

Not them either.
Tony is THIS what ur tryin to say?

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search