The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 18th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xist View Post
maybe because the product is not ready and there's no official press release yet?

remember, this thread started as a leak.
just relax, and give the developer time to breathe and finish his work.
Oh that's right, it's all a 'leak'. Official press release? Give me a break, look at the thread you posted in.

This type of bs marketing is really starting to get on my nerves. If it's a good product it shouldn't need this rubbish.

They've 'leaked' this info to freeze the market - it's an old trick. That's why they aren't letting anyone know pricing.

Old 18th January 2010
OMU
Lives for gear

Interesting, the NAMM is over and still no sign of it yet.
Old 18th January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Interesting, the NAMM is over and still no sign of it yet.
mmmmhhh ... bad news !

Tony ?
Old 18th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken View Post
Oh that's right, it's all a 'leak'. Official press release? Give me a break, look at the thread you posted in.

This type of bs marketing is really starting to get on my nerves. If it's a good product it shouldn't need this rubbish.

They've 'leaked' this info to freeze the market - it's an old trick. That's why they aren't letting anyone know pricing.

+1

this got me waiting more than 2 weeks before deciding to pull the trigger on the lexicon.

there are more "not-so-mystery" leaks or should i say "press releases" about some "groundbreaking" technologies. but right now, they´re just in coding/finishing stage too...
Old 18th January 2010
Lives for gear

I just need to chime in here.I use products that include warp 69 work for years on the scope plattform.He does things right and it is not his fault this thread exists.It will be quality.
Old 19th January 2010
ValhallaDSP

It is worth pointing out that Lexicon announced the PCM plugins a few months before they were made available. Announced, like with a press release at AES, not just some (possibly) unauthorized leak. People were really ticked off for about 30+ pages of GS thread there, and now the tenor of the thread has changed to praising the PCM plugin. Demos are available, people are happy, and the thread passed 2000 posts today.

Plugins take a LONG time to develop. Once you have the basic algorithm done, you have to do the GUI, make sure that the plugin works in 3 formats (VST, AU, RTAS) on both Mac and Windows, get your presets together, test it in all the major hosts, get feedback from beta testers, etc. I know that some people have heard the algorithms for Warp69's plugin months ago, but this does not mean that the plugin was in releasable form at that time.

As far as intentionally leaking in order to freeze the market, I would argue that pricing a plugin at 3x the cost of most DAWs doesn't create a very "thawed" market in the first place. There is the race to get products out the door, but my guess is, when all is said and done, the quality and value of these products will have more of an impact on the market than a few months of lead time.
Old 19th January 2010

Most new products are announced about two months before the release (even though this has still not been "officially" announced).. We were all hoping for an earlier date on this one. But, regardless... people won't be disappointed when it is released. I really don't expect it to be much longer anyway, because they are just tweaking small things.

Everyone who signed up to be notified about the plugin will have access to the demo the minute it is available. Plugin Discounts - The Best Prices on All of Your Plugin Related Needs - COMING SOON!
Old 19th January 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken View Post
Essentially, you are mad because I posted a picture of a future product on my website. This product was never announced officially by the manufacturer. I decided to give everyone a sneak peak in advance via my website.

I didn't start this thread, nor did the manufacturer.

We didn't make an AES press release.... No NAMM show announcement either.

There has not been any marketing, other than me telling people it is going to be released through my site, and answering a handful of questions in this thread.

There are other products that this kind of post might be more appropriate for.
Old 19th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post

Soundgrid
Old 19th January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post

he he mentioning no names...
Old 20th January 2010
Here for the gear

lexicon sound

its very easy to get lexi type sound from any mid class reverb...
just put deeser and noise reduction before reverb and a litte bit of chorus after.
Old 20th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaxon007 View Post
just put deeser and noise reduction before reverb and a litte bit of chorus after.
If it were this easy
many of us would have saved a lot of money in the last years.
Old 20th January 2010
Quote:
thanks for the trick
now I can save big bucks ;-)
Old 20th January 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
keep dreaming.
Old 22nd January 2010
Gear Head

[QUOTE=maky357;4958320]It is still puzzling to me why people think that plugin should not cost more then 50$ ?

I am not bashing EOS which is IMO great/awesome for simple task(and sometimes can produce amazing results quickly) but how on earth you can compare 50$ EOS to (example) 500$ VSS3 ?? Or this new "mystery" reverb?

We can not compare 50$ to 500$ or 1500$ but we can compare Eos ,Vss3 and Lexicon native easily. Put them on blindfold test with similar parameters and we will have a funny situation.They are all great but who will win? I think no one because they are IMO in the same league.
In this example it is a matter of taste. Lexicon has advantage over Eos in number of algorithms and number of presets. For myself clear winer is Eos, breaking the border of
expensive reverb`s monopoly. And, winners are customers and music...
Old 22nd January 2010
Gear Addict

[QUOTE=bobos;5017992]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maky357 View Post
but we can compare Eos ,Vss3 and Lexicon native easily. Put them on blindfold test with similar parameters and we will have a funny situation.They are all great but who will win? I think no one because they are IMO in the same league.
In this example it is a matter of taste. Lexicon has advantage over Eos in number of algorithms and number of presets. For myself clear winer is Eos, breaking the border of
I own all three. EOS doesn't come close.
Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Russell View Post
I own all three. EOS doesn't come close.
I disagree. EOS is great. It may not come close in versatility or features, but what it does it does extremely well. You won't get some of the sounds that come out of it of VSS3 (I also have it and I'm demoing the PCM bundle).
Old 23rd January 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobos View Post

We can not compare 50$ to 500$ or 1500$ but we can compare Eos ,Vss3 and Lexicon native easily. Put them on blindfold test with similar parameters and we will have a funny situation.They are all great but who will win? I think no one because they are IMO in the same league.
I see your point but it is totally not valid one! Why would you use reverb with same parameter across your mixes? Why would anyone do that?

IMO every reverb need to be tweaked. Depending on source which is used to fed reverb. You (i hope) won't use same reverb settings for female vocal as for drums. Tell me then...how will you tweak your sound source, i mean your out of reverb when you have 10. parameters available(including dry/wet there).

I already said that EOS seems GREAT choice for SOME task but when it comes to heavier tweaking it can not compete with VSS3 for example.

That does not mean it is bad. It is great! In some situation you can mimic 1000$ sound for 50$ that is sure(and this is awesome for that price), but more often it won't get you there. I am ready to pay for product which will. And i think that this is right quality/price measurement. That is all what i am saying.
Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
IMO every reverb need to be tweaked.
I agree with you of course!

But another way to think about this is... the better the reverb, the less you need to tweak.

The V1 M7 has only one algorithm with just 11 parameters for the main reverb (15 total + wet/dry.)

-Casey
Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
IMO every reverb need to be tweaked.
Totally disagree. I think the smart manufacturer will have their verb dialed in with outstanding presets. I have used the same 4 patches on the M7 for over a year. I think I might have changed the decay on one of the rooms. (OK, I guess that's tweaking).

I look at it like a great studio room or recording hall. If the room sounds great... it sounds great. I DO tweak the amount I send to it though (wet/dry).

Last edited by audiomichael; 23rd January 2010 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: Hmmmm.
Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Of course, I'm sitting here disagreeing with the guy who made my #1 reverb unit. Maybe if Brian was here... Maybe he'd agree with me.
Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear

So... are we lookin' good for the release @ the end of Jan.?
Old 23rd January 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
But another way to think about this is... the better the reverb, the less you need to tweak.
That's one way to look at it, and I sure love effects that can give me exactly what I want with little tweaking, but there are effects that are better than others exactly because you have much more to tweak. Like the Sony DPS-D7 which back in 1990 had a 38 steps multi-tap delay, each tap fully tweakable. With that many taps, if you know what you're doing, you can create a convincing echo like in certain outdoor spaces. With most other delay effects even today 20 years later, all you're limited to is mostly the basic old tempo synced delay or 4 tweakable taps.. Of course it also has much simpler to tweak algorithms, and that's the key. Personally I think the best effects are those that can give very useful results in several levels/modes of tweaking, from very basic, to "advanced" to "so tweakable it will boggle the minds of people who don't want access to most things the programmer himself has access to".
Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomichael View Post
Maybe if Brian was here... Maybe he'd agree with me.
You're right.

-Casey
Old 23rd January 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomichael View Post
Totally disagree. I think the smart manufacturer will have their verb dialed in with outstanding presets. I have used the same 4 patches on the M7 for over a year. I think I might have changed the decay on one of the rooms. (OK, I guess that's tweaking).

I look at it like a great studio room or recording hall. If the room sounds great... it sounds great. I DO tweak the amount I send to it though (wet/dry).
I think you are just lazy(kidding of course)! It seems ok if you are satisfied with delivered preset bank and you are clear with what you want to achieve. That is pretty ntural. There is no need to ruin the party.

Can i ask - if room is sounding great what is stopping you to make it sounding even better? This is exactly what i am trying to say. Not every instrument will sound same i mean good in every room. Some instruments will sound better in "tweaked" room. So you need versatility in reverb. Is that really so strange?

Don't tell me that Casey did best presets in the world and now there is no need to create better one (but i am sure they did one damn fine reverb unit)
Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear

LOL.. 19 pages and nobody's heard the plugin
Old 23rd January 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnielson View Post
LOL.. 19 pages and nobody's heard the plugin
lol you're wrong
Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear