The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 7th January 2010
Lives for gear

Hi Maik,

The interface of the plugin is mostly rendered so it contains images instead of text, but most DAWs supports an additional view where they display all the parameters.

You're more than welcome to contact me via Private Messages or by email for possible testing of the accessibility of the plugin.

Kind regards
Martin
Old 9th January 2010
ValhallaDSP

Animus just posted a sound file of the PCM90 Random Hall in the Lexicon PCM plugin thread, with the same snare sound, and similar settings:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/4971024-post1848.html
Old 10th January 2010
Here for the gear

Hi Martin.
I'm not sure, if you receivet my privat message.
Please give me an information, when i was successfull.
Kind regarts,
Maik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
Hi Maik,

The interface of the plugin is mostly rendered so it contains images instead of text, but most DAWs supports an additional view where they display all the parameters.

You're more than welcome to contact me via Private Messages or by email for possible testing of the accessibility of the plugin.

Kind regards
Martin
Old 14th January 2010
Gear Maniac

Is this plug still coming or did the Harman/Lexicon lawyers send a letter?

Warp? Casey? Tony?
Old 14th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkrk View Post
Is this plug still coming or did the Harman/Lexicon lawyers send a letter?

Warp? Casey? Tony?
Asking myself this very thing.
Would be much more ready to buy this if there were some
cooperation with lexicon at some point.

Maybe I´m oldfashioned.
Old 14th January 2010
Lives for gear

They are probably working very hard on it now. Building a good reverb takes a lot of time and dedication.
Old 14th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post

Maybe I´m oldfashioned.
UA announced they'll be making Lexicon reverbs ( with the license) , I'm curious as to what it will be .
Old 14th January 2010
Lives for gear

Curious who will be first.... and who will have the best sounding version...

The things we heard from relabs 480 are impressive.
Old 14th January 2010
Lives for gear

Now it looks like we'll have many different lexicon replicas out there in the near future, which is great, but I still think if you want modern Lexicon sound, PCM Bundle is 100% true Lex ITB.
Old 14th January 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post

Maybe I´m oldfashioned.
He know how stuff works, he know how to develop and deliver HQ = enough for me to buy this.

Maybe I´m also oldfashioned.
Old 14th January 2010
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volodia View Post
UA announced they'll be making Lexicon reverbs ( with the license) , I'm curious as to what it will be .
I don't think that you are going to see any other licensed Lexicon reverbs for native plugins, other than those put out from Lexicon themselves. The UA plugins aren't "in the box," and my guess is that their licensing agreement with Harman restricts their work to running on the UAD2, or some similar hardware accelerator. Otherwise, the $1500 Lexicon plugin would be competing with other official native plugins.
Old 14th January 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
I don't think that you are going to see any other licensed Lexicon reverbs for native plugins, other than those put out from Lexicon themselves. The UA plugins aren't "in the box," and my guess is that their licensing agreement with Harman restricts their work to running on the UAD2, or some similar hardware accelerator. Otherwise, the $1500 Lexicon plugin would be competing with other official native plugins.
Just sounds like Lexicon aren't going to re-visit the older boxes themselves, leave it UA who are.

1. Great at emulations (esp if Lex HAS lost the code for boxes like the 224)

2. Very secure business model

3. Mega loyal following who will buy virtually whatever they put out.

Seems like a smart move by Harman if you ask me.

Treeb's
Old 14th January 2010
mim
Gear Head

is it possible to reverse engineering a hardware unit, to find out the dsp based algos ?

Probably it's forbidden, thoug
Old 14th January 2010
Lives for gear

It is possible, but a lot of work and not very easy. Ever saw the machine code from a computer?? I did some programming on a 6502, but even an simple item is not easy to reverse. Besides it is more fun to learn something about algo-building in the process...
Old 14th January 2010
excuse me? UA announced Lexicon partnership?! Has this actually happened or is it speculation?
Old 14th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
excuse me? UA announced Lexicon partnership?! Has this actually happened or is it speculation?
Happened. Contract with Harman, so dbx and AKG stuffs are also on the way...
Old 14th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
Well SSL let Waves do an SSL plugin and then did its own Duende versions. SPL gave UA a license to the Transient Designer and then let brainworx code native versions under the SPL brand. So there's precedent.

Speaking of which, UA most likely would emulate the older pieces. And who has code for an older piece? Why warp!

Maybe what's holding up the XL480 native plugin is he's negotiating to see if UA wants it instead. Which I imagine would infuriate most of you guys but it's very comfy to let UA do all the sales and copy protection is perfect. He did this with X-verb.

And oh yeah UA already has a license from AMS-Neve, and the first half of that brand makes reverbs too, one of which was spotted on the Relab website momentarily...

(All speculation)
Old 14th January 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
Maybe what's holding up the XL480 native plugin is he's (insert speculation)
No... They are just putting the finishing touches on this plugin.
Old 15th January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
ETA?
Old 16th January 2010
Quote:
I just can't wait to trying it !
Old 16th January 2010
Same as it happend with Slate Digital, I really dislike when "releases" get announced or "leaked" this early.. It's insulting the customers' intelligence.
Old 16th January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0t0b0t View Post
Same as it happend with Slate Digital, I really dislike when "releases" get announced or "leaked" this early.. It's insulting the customers' intelligence.
I did get irritated by this also - however there is at least 'some' reasoning behind the recent Lexicon Launch and giving people another option...This thread started thru a leak by Tony Belmonts website - a picture - obviously placed to indicate an alternative to the expensive Lexicon PCM Native.

The Slate stuff is just trumped up marketing.
Old 16th January 2010
Lives for gear

I dont think you can say one is "trumped up" and one is real marketing. It's all marketing and all companies do it. GS members want everything now now now and then want the next thing now now now.

Real business tests markets in various ways before they go ahead with their products. Especially new companies.

Many companies announce products here and everywhere that dont come out for another 6 months to a year - UA, McDSP, Great River come to mind right now just looking at first page of new products section, but many do it.

Waiting for new products doesn't stop you from being productive today. It wont make your song a hit when u get it either.
Old 16th January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by konkaos View Post
I dont think you can say one is "trumped up" and one is real marketing. It's all marketing and all companies do it. GS members want everything now now now and then want the next thing now now now.

Real business tests markets in various ways before they go ahead with their products. Especially new companies.

Many companies announce products here and everywhere that dont come out for another 6 months to a year - UA, McDSP, Great River come to mind right now just looking at first page of new products section, but many do it.

Waiting for new products doesn't stop you from being productive today. It wont make your song a hit when u get it either.

Last edited by SWAN808; 16th January 2010 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: deep breath...
Old 18th January 2010
Lives for gear

Why hasn't the price been announced yet?
Old 18th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken View Post
Why hasn't the price been announced yet?
maybe because the product is not ready and there's no official press release yet?

remember, this thread started as a leak.
just relax, and give the developer time to breathe and finish his work.
Old 18th January 2010
Quote:
They are just putting the finishing touches on this plugin.
Old 18th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xist View Post
remember, this thread started as a leak.
A wholly intentional one from his dealer.

Now we have the competing leak of the relatively cheap LXP plugin bundle from Lexicon.

The only preset I've heard from any of them is called "Mysterious Vapour."
Old 18th January 2010
If they really succeeded in equalling the behaviour and pedigree of the 480L, I am their first client.
Old 18th January 2010
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
Now we have the competing leak of the relatively cheap LXP plugin bundle from Lexicon.
I'm not sure how this leak helps Lexicon. Sure, it might stave off a few sales of the upcoming Warp69 plugin, but it seems like it would also keep people from buying the $1500 PCM bundle.

Plus, I bought my LXP15 last year for $100. It sounds OK, but not $500 good (or $399 good, or whatever). Of course, calling the plugin LXP in no way means that it will exactly follow the LXP15 algorithms/controls.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search