The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 1st January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
The only difference between 'A' and 'D' is that 'D' was recorded 1.5 min later.

It's impossible to get the exact same recording from the Random Hall algorithm since it has a lot of random elements that change continuously. I could make 1000 recordings and none of them would sound identical.
Yes, I don't doubt your work as I love X-Verb and I am truly sorry for my idiotic post. I'll remove it if you wish.
Old 1st January 2010
Lives for gear

No, no, no. I just don't understand why some dislike 'D' that's all.
Old 1st January 2010
Lives for gear

Very good, in many ways B was my favorite due to how it handled the modulation. Didn't sound overboard.

This is definitely one I'll try, and if all tests hold up this well, subsequently buy.
Old 1st January 2010
Lives for gear

Judging a reverb from mp3s whose origin and exact processing is based on hearsay is kind of weird to me.

Until I don´t have a demo which I can try under controlled conditions in my studio all this is just guessing.

Another point worth mentioning is: Even if this plugin sounds exactly like a real 480 -
it does not make a bad mix a good one. Had plenty opportunity to work with the best reverb units in the world and have to commit - they´re not magic wands.
Old 1st January 2010
Lives for gear
thx for the samples. When will we have a demo, and do we know the price yet ?
Old 1st January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Judging a reverb from mp3s whose origin and exact processing is based on hearsay is kind of weird to me.

Until I don´t have a demo which I can try under controlled conditions in my studio all this is just guessing.
The funny thing is a lot of people just bought the lexicon plugin before the demo was avaiable...
Old 1st January 2010
Quote:

Another point worth mentioning is: Even if this plugin sounds exactly like a real 480 -
it does not make a bad mix a good one. Had plenty opportunity to work with the best reverb units in the world and have to commit - they´re not magic wands.
how can you say that?! I thought you based your whole sense of self on that LARC controller?!
Old 1st January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
how can you say that?! I thought you based your whole sense of self on that LARC controller?!
Well, that´s a bit easy
Old 2nd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

golden words
Old 2nd January 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
No, no, no. I just don't understand why some dislike 'D' that's all.
I loaded your samples into Logic, matched levels, soloed and listened on headphones (AKG240).

In stereo the tail of D sounds bigger, as in cavernous, some might interpret this as hollow. D also sounded nosier than A.

However, when I used Logic's gain plug to mono the output buss these perceivable differences disappeared.

I take two things from this exercise:
1. When dealing with such small differences in the source material the differences in the monitoring environments is probably way more important.
2. New respect for the organic (random nature) of algorithmic reverbs, each 'performance' will be unique within the parameters defined by the programmers and selected by the users.

Cheers,
Scott
Old 4th January 2010
Gear Nut

So, whats the price and when can I buy it?

Comeooooon... thumbsup
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeOne View Post
So, whats the price and when can I buy it?
next week you gonna know.
Old 4th January 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
next week you gonna know.

Thats nice.
Old 5th January 2010
Lives for gear

I hope it doesnt cost more then breverb....
Old 5th January 2010
OMU
Lives for gear

Everybody wants to afford it.
Old 5th January 2010
Lives for gear

If you want it to be cheap, there's a very simple way to get what you want...don't buy it.

Eventually they will have to re-price it if not enough people are willing to meet their asking price (it's unlikely they'd pull it from the market).

If it's a total flop, it might appear in a crippled version for $5 no-brainer, like Breverb did.

I might add that the $5 no-brainer Breverb did NOT entice me to buy the rest of it. That said, it isn't useless. But removing all the programming features was the OPPOSITE of what one should do in a demo! As it is I view it as hopelessly un-customizable...can't even see what I am missing on the full version. I couldn't get it to sound very interesting with what they gave me.

Software marketing is an unforgiving IQ test.
Old 5th January 2010
Lives for gear

It's getting hard to justify spending a lot of money on plugins when you can get awesome stuff like EOS for $50.
Old 5th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken View Post
It's getting hard to justify spending a lot of money on plugins when you can get awesome stuff like EOS for $50.
EOS ???
Old 5th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ryan View Post
EOS ???
Audio Damage :: Eos
Old 5th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

If Eos is all you need, you totally scored. I love it too for what it is, but it didn't satisfy my all purpose reverb requirements. The Lex bundle and probably this will be more well rounded and thus worthy of a higher price tag.
Old 5th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
If Eos is all you need, you totally scored. I love it too for what it is, but it didn't satisfy my all purpose reverb requirements. The Lex bundle and probably this will be more well rounded and thus worthy of a higher price tag.
Of course a more fully featured reverb will be worth more - my point is how much more? Time and sales will tell.
Old 6th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Of course a more fully featured reverb will be worth more - my point is how much more? Time and sales will tell.
Well, I bought the Lex bundle. Thats a lot more. Totally worth it to me as those verbs are good enough to warrant me selling my hardware (PCM 70 and Rumour). They sound better than the hardware I had, won't break and you can use a ton of them! Myself and probably many others have been waiting for this for years.
Old 6th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
If you want it to be cheap, there's a very simple way to get what you want...don't buy it.

Eventually they will have to re-price it if not enough people are willing to meet their asking price (it's unlikely they'd pull it from the market).

If it's a total flop, it might appear in a crippled version for $5 no-brainer, like Breverb did.
This is horrible advice, to everyone involved. It's even worse than your ITB mixing advice in that other thread (and that's really saying something).

If you want good products to use, or even to exist, you have to be willing to pay for them. Software products that are unsuccessful in the market get discontinued all the time, contrary to what you wrote. It is rare that prices fall significantly without a substantial loss of features (Breverb) or crumbling support structure.

JSL
Old 6th January 2010
Lives for gear

Yes, everyone must buy this, even if you think it's too expensive!
Old 6th January 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
Yes, that's exactly what he said and meant. Exactly.
Old 6th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
Seriously? That's what you think I meant?

Please.

JSL
Old 6th January 2010
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Eos is all you need, you totally scored. I love it too
Thanks!

...in all seriousness, will we have more details on the Relab plugin in time for NAMM? Or does NAMM matter at all to our Danish friends?

Last edited by seancostello; 6th January 2010 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: OK, I should probably put some smiley faces in there...
Old 6th January 2010
Gear Head

It is still puzzling to me why people think that plugin should not cost more then 50$ ?

Only thing that i can think of is that these people never actually started to develop and sell something (go figure).

I am not bashing EOS which is IMO great/awesome for simple task(and sometimes can produce amazing results quickly) but how on earth you can compare 50$ EOS to (example) 500$ VSS3 ?? Or this new "mystery" reverb?

Well time is close and soon everyone will be in position to run demo and seek for the truth but even from initial screenshot i can see/guess that there is a lot of controls and shaping options. Given that plugin is coming from respected and well known developer i am not expecting nothing bellow 350$ ++ tutt
Old 6th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maky357 View Post
It is still puzzling to me why people think that plugin should not cost more then 50$ ?

Only thing that i can think of is that these people never actually started to develop and sell something (go figure).

I am not bashing EOS which is IMO great/awesome for simple task(and sometimes can produce amazing results quickly) but how on earth you can compare 50$ EOS to (example) 500$ VSS3 ?? Or this new "mystery" reverb?

Well time is close and soon everyone will be in position to run demo and seek for the truth but even from initial screenshot i can see/guess that there is a lot of controls and shaping options. Given that plugin is coming from respected and well known developer i am not expecting nothing bellow 350$ ++ tutt
Who wouldnt pay $350 to $400 for a good reverb.....I just hope its not those Lexicon prices.....
Old 6th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maky357 View Post

Who said it should cost $50 - get your hand off it.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search