The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab LX480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 28th December 2009
Gear Nut

Congrats folks, isn't it great when we all get along? That's the way!

/OFFTOPIC

I would like to take the "getting along" mood oportunity here and show something totally off topic (please do not further talk/discuss about it here but anywhere else so this thread don't get further derailed)

I just saw this video today in the morning and it brought tears to my eyes and hope for a better world filled with good and "awaken" people like Mr Mike Prysner:

YouTube - American soldiers are waking up

Some of his points may not be correct to you as each and everyone thinks differently about the points discussed but overall this is a amazing and inspiring effort.

I'm not a resident of the U.S (I'm from South Brazil) but i was deeply touched in the soul and inspired by this video. I instantly felt i need to try to be and do better for the world, the people and nature on it.

/OFFTOPIC OFF
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football View Post
Refreshing to see people making nice here (really).

Good job fellas.
Credit goes to TMY. I didn't think I'd be saying this yesterday, but after today's epiphany about these insinuations and other things, I've learned that HE'S the guy cool enough to handle this properly.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renan L.B View Post
Congrats folks, isn't it great when we all get along? That's the way!
Yes, agreed!

-Casey
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

By no means does it complete any circle, but it's good to see that you've stepped up and admitted to this.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised, especially after the PM you sent earlier today saying very much the opposite, and now the 2nd one you just sent minutes ago which entirely retracts the apologetic sentiment. Behind closed doors, of course.

Do I have your permission to quote you? I think GS members deserve to know what's really going on here.
Old 29th December 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
By no means does it complete any circle, but it's good to see that you've stepped up and admitted to this.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised, especially after the PM you sent earlier today saying very much the opposite, and now the 2nd one you just sent minutes ago which entirely retracts the apologetic sentiment. Behind closed doors, of course.

Do I have your permission to quote you? I think GS members deserve to know what's really going on here.
I think you should take this off of the forum, as the forum is not for airing dirty laundry... and we don't need a running record of whatever situation is/was at hand between yourself, TMY, and Casey. He just apologized to you publicly... any further discussion should be saved for PM's and emails.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

I haven't posted anything in this thread, I don't think, but I too would like to apologize to anyone I may have offended, or will offend, merely by having read this thread or thinking about posting a reply.

I would like to know, if TMY isn't from Denmark, then what's with the accent? If it's not Danish, then what is it?

I have no opinion on the little skirmish that happened here. I will say, however, that in this thread as in all others, if you insist on posting strong opinions anonymously, you leave yourself open to question as to your identity, integrity and motivations. There is no rational reason why anyone should give an anonymous critic the benefit of the doubt. Sunshine is the best disinfectant, and privacy is overrated. If you (anyone here) want to be taken seriously, go update your profile and give us a web address.

JSL
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
I think you should take this off of the forum, as the forum is not for airing dirty laundry... and we don't need a running record of whatever situation is/was at hand between yourself, TMY, and Casey. He just apologized to you publicly... any further discussion should be saved for PM's and emails.
+1

Can we get back to the upcoming plugin?

What do you think Tony.. will we have a demo by around NAMM time? I'm planning on demo'ing this along with a couple of other reverbs at the same time.. it'll be a fun week or two.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
If I'd thought that it was ego repair at play, exclusively, then I wouldn't have posted that in the first place, but this isn't about me. I'm sorry if it appears different. The reality is that people put thousands of dollars worth of trust in the words of other GS members each and every day, and especially those with designer's status. In this respect, integrity and honesty are not just relevant, they're crucial. Are we "allowing" manipulative games now? If I've learned anything today it's that "trust" is a five-letter word. As a Moderator, I assume you'd prefer the truth of this. The "truth" of this is not on the forum. Perhaps that hasn't been made clear.

Call it airing dirty laundry if you'd like, but I've admitted publicly that I was a fool over the last few pages, and my apologies to TMY have been both public and private, so that laundry IS clean. The truth? Unwanted? In my opinion it should be. If you say, as Moderator, that it's a private matter - that it should be PMs - then OK. I invite anyone interested to PM me.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
If you (anyone here) want to be taken seriously, go update your profile and give us a web address.
I hear what you're saying, but that doesn't really work. You can even post your name and picture here and it doesn't guarantee anything. A fake name is just as easy to use, and more powerful to the manipulative person, than a pseudonym.
Old 29th December 2009

Quote:
The truth? Unwanted? In my opinion it should be. If you say, as Moderator, that it's a private matter - that it should be PMs - then OK. I invite anyone interested to PM me.
As moderators, we prefer for the soap opera to remain off the forum. It's a private matter for you to work out with the other parties (or not).
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonewar View Post
+1

Can we get back to the upcoming plugin?

What do you think Tony.. will we have a demo by around NAMM time? I'm planning on demo'ing this along with a couple of other reverbs at the same time.. it'll be a fun week or two.
Foreal.....I hate when thread go like this and then people complain abt Noob threads and all that **** and aint no one sharing.....
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ryan View Post
and aint no one sharing.....
Ask any question you like. What would you like for folks to share?

-Casey
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I hear what you're saying, but that doesn't really work. You can even post your name and picture here and it doesn't guarantee anything. A fake name is just as easy to use, and more powerful to the manipulative person, than a pseudonym.
I didn't say anything about a name and a picture. I said a web address. Nobody is going to fabricate an entire web site, including original audio samples and links to real clients/customers, many of whom link back to you, just for the purpose of talking smack on GearSlutz. To me, all GS posters are sorted into those two piles -- those who plainly are real people doing real work, and those who probably don't know what the hell they're talking about. I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that way.

JSL
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Ask any question you like. What would you like for folks to share?

-Casey
No Ive seen you over the board in the last couple of months and i know you help out. But there are others especially in the Hip Hop forum that do a whole lot of Down playing and brag about credits and who they've worked with.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
I didn't say anything about a name and a picture. I said a web address. Nobody is going to fabricate an entire web site, including original audio samples and links to real clients/customers, many of whom link back to you, just for the purpose of talking smack on GearSlutz. To me, all GS posters are sorted into those two piles -- those who plainly are real people doing real work, and those who probably don't know what the hell they're talking about. I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that way.

JSL
I agree. If David Reitzas posts under his real name, how famous do you need to be to keep your identity secret? The habit is a hangover from years ago.

On the other hand there are folks in the middle ground who work for organizations that would like to keep a lower profile, and employees choose to respect this desire.

In an effort to increase transparency in the field I work in, I am working to create a website that can be used to share high res reverb samples. It is more costly than a demo page on our site, but I think it will be far more useful.

-Casey
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Anyone wanting to open a bucket selling business at this point should do it before normal programming resumes.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ssa View Post
Anyone wanting to open a bucket selling business at this point should do it before normal programming resumes.
Come on, show some respect for the site you post so often on.

-Casey
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Way to show respect for the site you post so often on.

-Casey
I was only teasing... I guess a winky may have helped.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ssa View Post
I was only teasing... I guess a winky may have helped.
I used a flower. You know us N Americans, no sense of humor.

-Casey
Old 29th December 2009
Just deleted about 45 posts of bickering and off topic fall out from it all.

Please keep this thread civil and on topic.

Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Hey Casey,

How's the "Random Hall" algo on this plugin ?

I haven't found anything to match the hardware so far.

Hope this is the one !

Al
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Wink

Can't wait for this plug... Would be a nice add to the UAD EMT250.

Would be cool if you have the LARC as G.U.I....
Old 29th December 2009
F5D
Lives for gear

This is interesting. I am currently demoing the pcm bundle but do not necessarily need all the algorithms. I guess the random hall would be enough for me for that lexicon sound.
Old 29th December 2009
OMU
Lives for gear

Same here.

Too bad they aren't yet thinking like a software company.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D View Post
This is interesting. I am currently demoing the pcm bundle but do not necessarily need all the algorithms. I guess the random hall would be enough for me for that lexicon sound.
That depends on what you mean by "Lexicon sound". The Random Hall algorithm from the PCM bundle is quite different from the 480L/300L.
Old 29th December 2009
F5D
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
That depends on what you mean by "Lexicon sound". The Random Hall algorithm from the PCM bundle is quite different from the 480L/300L.
Ok, I have to admit, I am not very familiar with lexicon reverbs and do not know what people mean by the "lexicon sound". I have much more experience of TC reverbs. Anyway, long modulated / colored reverbs is what I like and according to what has been discussed here at GS, some lexicon products should excel in such sounds.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
In your (unbiased heh) opinion how close to the original is your new verb's random hall algo ?
Old 29th December 2009
Shy
Lives for gear

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post
In your (unbiased heh) opinion how close to the original is your new verb's randon hall algo ?
Better yet, he doesn't even need to express his (unbiased ) opinion, he could just post audio demos of the plugin at least, and maybe the hardware, or if not then someone else could provide the hardware sample.

Here, you have a dry sample, just run it through the plugin heh.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

4 different recordings of Random Hall algorithm - same settings.

There's alot of modulation so every single recording is different even if it's from the same unit.

3 from Lexicon and 1 from the LX480 plugin :

www.relab.dk/Test/A.wav
www.relab.dk/Test/B.wav
www.relab.dk/Test/C.wav
www.relab.dk/Test/D.wav
Old 29th December 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
4 different recordings of Random Hall algorithm - same settings.

There's alot of modulation so every single recording is different even if it's from the same unit.

3 from Lexicon and 1 from the LX480 plugin :

www.relab.dk/Test/A.wav
www.relab.dk/Test/B.wav
www.relab.dk/Test/C.wav
www.relab.dk/Test/D.wav
wow. i think you managed to get the exact same color/tone and randomness of the real deal! can't wait for the demo :D
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search