The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Something along the lines of PSP Neon hr?????
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Something along the lines of PSP Neon hr?????

I tried this out today and have really taken a liking to it, before I go and purchase it.... What other options do I have? This thing is so transparent, I was boosting a lot more than I normally would and things still sounded great.

Suggestions?
Old 18th November 2009
Check out the Nugen SEQ1.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

If you like it, buy it!
PSP is a great company with great products for reasonable prices ....
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Addict

linear phase:
algorithmix red/orange
ddmf lp10
plpareq
fabfilter pro-q
apeq
tRacks linear phase eq

clean:
flux epure II
sonnox eq
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

I own the Sonnox and the Tracks but so far nothing is as transparant as the Neon. I want a VST to run in Cubase. I think its going to be the Neon but just wanted to check what everyone thought....
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

flux epure II has a barely limited demo available to try and you'll find many here that would endorse it and use it as their main clean eq. it's also less cpu intensive. doesn't hurt to have it even as a working demo. the others mentioned that you don't have are top notch, especially algorithmix, which have demo's too, but it's down to your gut and workflow.

the latency of hr is still a concern, even in cubase, based on how you've set it up, but it's definitely a good lp eq
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm07 View Post
I tried this out today and have really taken a liking to it, before I go and purchase it.... What other options do I have? This thing is so transparent, I was boosting a lot more than I normally would and things still sounded great.

Suggestions?
Neon HR is superb. I wouldn't call it transparent as I actually like and use it in mastering for its colour. If I want transparent I tend to reach for Flux Epure II.

One problem, though with PSP Neon HR (at least with the RTAS version): there is a huge amount of latency, particularly with the higher resolution modes which can make it sometimes difficult to use on individual tracks. In the HR modes, it also uses a lot of processing power.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Addict

After battling it out between Plpareq & algorithmic red, I went for Plpareq. Possibly the best lp eq ever, ITB or OTBthumbsup
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear