The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Orpheus got me confused Audio Interfaces
Old 1st February 2010
Gear Maniac

You can use the orpheus as a stanalone ADDA with its adat ports (I just found this out today - and might now get two instead of 1 Dream ADA-8XR - not quite made my mind up yet!)

This means that if you're ok with working at 44.1K or 48K in Protools, you can plug the ADATs into a Digi 192. ADAT bridge, or 96 to get into Protools HD, just as easy as any other ADAT converter - and no messing with Firewire!! (and for Protools LE, you can plug it into the optical ports of a digi001,002 or 003)

Now I just need to weigh up whether it's worth twice the price for an ADA-8XR to have a direct interface to protools at all sample rates, or whether I'm happy enough with the Orpheus steup I'm thinking of

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search