The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Line in to iPhone/iPod Touch?
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Question Line in to iPhone/iPod Touch?

As nasty as it may sound, I'd like to be able to route a line into an iPod Touch and use it's external "speaker" as a reference monitor. I'm preparing audio that will be played back only on iPhones/iPods and would be great if I could tweak/optimize this audio in real time on the target playback system.
I know that there are a bunch of multi-track apps out there for iPhone/iPod, and I've found at least one that allows you to live monitor the input on the the external speaker, but I haven't been able to find a made-for-this-purpose cable (3.5 mm t/r/s to RCA?). I'm also worried that all the multi-track apps seem to be designed to use only a mic as the input source.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks!
FYI: I tested the external speaker with pink noise and a measurement mic and the response was ~700hz to 11k.
Old 18th November 2009
js1
Lives for gear

This what you're looking for?

Peterson Strobe Tuners - iPhone™ and iPod touch® Adaptor Cable

js
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Talking

Thanks man, I just emailed them to confirm it will work with my 3rd Gen. iPod Touch. Looks like it will do the trick. I also found this option...

TUNEWEAR » Stereo Sound Recorder for iPod

...a dock mic with a line in.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear