The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UAD-1 essential plugs
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

UAD-1 essential plugs

I only have 1 uad-1, and thats the only one ill afford, what are the essential plug ins, cpu low lover here. I want to get as much as i can ou of my 1 and only UAD quality card!
any type, i just want the "incontournable", the essential ones, can be any type /compressor/filter/limiter/ .

thanks slutz!
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Addict

1176LN, Pultec Pro, 88RS, Precision Limiter.

If you can spare the cash, get the Maximizer and the Moog
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear
Pultec Pro and VCA VU gets the biggest workout here.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

la2a is a must have and you can run up to 17 instances in stereo before maxing out your single UAD-1 card.

The free pultec is nice, and you can have 9 instances in stereo on your card. If you want a nice EQ that is very easy on the DSP, take the Cambridge EQ. You can run 44 of them in mono or 23 in stereo before using all the DSP of your UAD-1 card!

the free 1176SE is not a bad compressor at all, and you can use 27 in mono and 20 in stereo on a single UAD-1 card!

I used to have a UAD-1 card allmost dedicated for the Plate 140, simply because I believe that reverb is mind blowing!!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear