The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Scoring in Logic 9 THAT bad???
Old 19th December 2009
Lives for gear

After many years of battling the score editor in Logic I finally made the move to Finale.

The differences are night and day. I have recently done an orchestration for a concert in Sydney and everything worked out just brilliantly. I started in Logic and exported as midi file and imported into Finale and did final tweaks there.

Absolutely love it.

Stef
Old 20th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordkrog View Post
I don't know if this will work with older sessions, but I recently tried to open a Logic 7 session in Logic 8 and 9. The session opened but couldn't play back. I then used the new "import session data"-style import in Logic 9, and I could easily import and use all tracks including the plug-ins. In this case I didn't try to import other data like tempo etc. Don't know if it's possible...
Did you try this with songs created in earlier versions of Logic, too?

- Sascha
Old 20th December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascha Franck View Post
Did you try this with songs created in earlier versions of Logic, too?

- Sascha
Nope - I'll try when I get back to the studio tuesday... I'll keep you posted
Old 19th September 2013
Gear Nut

The book, Scoring with Logic Pro by Jay Asher is supposedly very good. Read many good reviews.
Old 29th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarekawaru View Post
The book, Scoring with Logic Pro by Jay Asher is supposedly very good. Read many good reviews.
Ah well...

Seriously, if I don't get a functionality by reading a manual and by fooling around (two things I think I'm indeed rather good at...) then someone else but me has lost it. In this case it's clearly Apples programmers and manual writers/layouters. The Logic manual is shit on all accounts and so is the actual content (if you're even able to find it inside that piece of mess).

And yes, I can prove that.

- Sascha

P.S.: No idea whether things are any better in LPX, but I seriously doubt it.
Old 29th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarekawaru View Post
Thanks for the plug.

I have literally prepared thousands of parts and scores in Logic Pro in its various iterations. Is it as good as Finale or Sibelius? No. Is it a very capable score app for preparing parts for recording sessions of films, TV shows, record dates, live performances, etc. if you are already working in Logic Pro? Absolutely.
Old 29th September 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thanks for the plug.
It seems we are having a conversation across two forums. I'm also Sprout, lol

That's what happens when you search everywhere, in all the right places, for a scoring book.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear