Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi View Post
Looks like they're done...

Untitled Document
Old 16th November 2009
Old 16th November 2009
LQM
Lives for gear

There has been various legal wranglings going on there for some time, a while back the website address changed to rogernicholsdigital.com from rndigital with a short and very generic statement about legal issues.

If this means Inspector XL is going to be sold to someone who sold it at reasonable prices such as the old Elemental Audio prices (i.e. $89 instead of $248), then it might be for the best, although I have no real beef with RNDigital, they had some good plugins and the support was OK. To be fair, they did improve Inspector XL and add some extra functions to it and overhauled the GUI and do offer educational discounts.
Old 16th November 2009
Deleted User
rnd | index
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

No, that's the old page, as far as I know. If you actually wanted to buy something, I don't see how you can. I could be wrong. But I was actually thinking about picking them up this weekend... sad to think they would be gone. I think the plug ins will be back, they are great, after all, and have some value to someone.
Old 16th November 2009
LQM
Lives for gear

Maybe they are just updating the pages but the main site was down earlier when I checked.

http://www.rogernicholsdigital.com/P...hSelector.aspx

is the product purchase page.
Old 16th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks View Post
Their still around here and probably won't be going away anytime soon:

rnd | index
remove /index.asp from that URL to get the most current version of the story from Roger Nichols' perspective. although he posted that a LONG time ago by comparison to this newest debacle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQM View Post
Maybe they are just updating the pages but the main site was down earlier when I checked.

http://www.rogernicholsdigital.com/P...hSelector.aspx

is the product purchase page.
that's 404'd here. removing the /Products/searchSelector.aspx bit leaves you with the same 'we're out of business' thread.

mentioned this on another thread but I hope they can at least pull their stuff together well enough to sell the IP to another developer so these tools can remain viable and useful for a few more years. they're good plug-ins, the company itself was obviously not.
Old 16th November 2009
that's what shows up if I remove index.asp

Quote:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Los Angeles, California
Febuary 23, 2008
To all interested parties,

Reinhold Probst at Untitled Document and his machinations do not represent me, my views or the views of my companies Roger Nichols Digital or RNDigital. I will support existing plug-ins as well as I can, but under the circumstances and due to complications as a result of legal action, the scope of my involvement will be limited for the time being.

Guided by integrity, right action and with the continuing support of family and friends, I look forward to many more years of participation in the exciting field of audio, as well as mentoring the next generation of ideas and the people who dream them up.

I would like to sincerely thank the many customers, and colleagues who have supported my effort in this and other creative endeavors over the last four decades of my career in audio, and ask for your patience during this difficult transition period.
For questions or more information please e-mail to: [email protected]

Roger Nichols
Old 16th November 2009
yep, but also note that was over a year and a half ago. around the same time they changed the name of the company from Roger Nichols Digital to RNDigital (to reflect the fact that Roger was no longer involved but still to "invoke" his influence, I suppose, even though I think only one new plug-in was released under Roger's "watch")

There was then another change fairly recently to RNDigital Labs, which had to do with hostile domain-name takeovers from within more than anything else I think. It's been a right mess.
Old 17th November 2009
LQM
Lives for gear

Yes. What he said Even though the company has (or had) been trading, these legal disclaimers and domain issues have caused upheavals. When they recently upgraded Uniquelizer and the LE version to 2.0 with many changes and did the same for Inspector XL 2.0 recently, I thought that maybe they were getting a grip and moving on. Now everything is as clear as mud ...
Old 17th November 2009
And who is reinold probst?
Old 17th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
And who is reinold probst?
He was one of the original investors who, with Roger (and a guy called Dan O'Brien I think) bought the IP from Elemental Audio. He effectively ousted Roger (I read somewhere that he claimed that "the other partners never fulfilled financial obligations") and made it 'RNDigital' - with only one coder/support guy (Bastian Schnurle, based in Berlin) - and I think the latest conflict/meltdown has to do with a conflict with Bastian. So from the outside, anyway, it looks like Reinhold is not an easy man to get along with, to put it nicely. But I don't know the genuine full story either.
Old 17th November 2009
I was just thinking about the Roger Nichols plug-ins wondering
what ever happened to them. Apparently not a lot of good....

jeff
Old 18th November 2009
LQM
Lives for gear

I have a couple of RND plugins and I have to say that Bastian responded in a very friendly and efficient manner to my tech support questions and I found him to be a decent guy - I didn't realize he was a coder !
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

That's too bad.
I loved his plugins, I hope things sort out, they are all great people.
Old 22nd November 2009
Wow.

I still use and love the Elemental Audio bundle. Of course that bundle is prior the RN buy up.
That Firium is a pretty useful tool.
Old 22nd November 2009
I made the transition from EAS to RND for no $$$ during the initial buy out period. It was a period of uneasy feelings and uncertainty to be sure.

However, RND proved to be very good to work with. Both Reinhold and Bastian were very helpful via email and the updates to Inspector XL and the old Max Bundle kept coming at no additional cost.

So I felt at ease with RND, even considered getting Detailer and the newer version of Finis, which now looks like it should be called Finished. .
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

This unsurprising news makes all of Elemental Audio's desperate claims at the time about the future of their plug-ins being assured with RND ring totally hollow - as many of us rather presciently pointed out.

It was that EA-RND debacle that finally steeled my resolve to reinvest in hardware and not waste my hard-earned $$ on a single plug-in ever again. Ironically I suppose I'm kinda grateful!
Old 23rd November 2009
Well yeah, that's true it's rough when support ends. That being said the EA bundle/RN plugs are still more than ok for now. Just make back ups of all your files, installers and literature.
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

I'll keep using the EA plugs until a future OS update breaks.
Old 18th December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoubleyou View Post
It looks like my upgrade to Snow Leopard did just that... broke my EA/RND plugs. Has anyone had success running these under Snow Leopard? There were some of my main workhorse plug-ins. Dammit.
Old 18th December 2009
Lives for gear

WUP not looking so bad now, huh?

(I'm half-kidding)
Old 18th December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythinglouder View Post
WUP not looking so bad now, huh?

(I'm half-kidding)
LOL! Good point. Sometimes you get what you pay for, sooner or later. I used these plugs for many years, and they were very inexpensive. Now it seems like POOF! They're gone.

Maybe I should think of it like having a piece of outboard explode.
Old 2nd January 2010
Here for the gear

I have single-CPU authorization only. s***

Does anyone have an iLok with signature bundle or at least detailer they would like to sell?

Would anyone like me to set up an FTP with installers for the plug-ins? If anyone sues me for this, I'll know exactly who is responsible for screwing us and post their contact info.

Thanks

-Miles
Old 27th January 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesmcleod View Post
Does anyone have an iLok with signature bundle or at least detailer they would like to sell?

Would anyone like me to set up an FTP with installers for the plug-ins? If anyone sues me for this, I'll know exactly who is responsible for screwing us and post their contact info.

Thanks

-Miles
already done:
check this:
ProToolerBlog → Post » The RNDigital Labs drama continues…

Quote:
the link to the following RNDigital software was the official place where you downloaded your RNDigital installers since RND existed.
But since the Frontend of RND is down this link provides the backend access to the Installers.
USER: [email protected]
URL: http://ftp.silberstein.de
MODE: anonymous

NOTE: Silberstein Media Company IS the developer of all RND software and in order to use this software you need a valid RNDigial license (iLok or serial).
This is a service for the user base.*
*edited
Old 20th May 2013
Here for the gear

So i bought these plugins years ago and authorised via challenge and response.
I need to authorise them again, how can i do this?

Can anyone help?
I paid so much money for these plugins and now i cannot use them.
Old 20th May 2013
Lives for gear

I think you're out of luck getting an authorization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoubleyou View Post
I finally laid my EA suite of plugs to rest, when I went 64bit.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search